2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, I think we have 13 named, I thought we were limited to 12?

Also, I really dont like the *ery we're doing with Erasmus. he should be playing AFL or playing WAFL. There are other players we should be using as non-playing emergencies

Interestingly, I think we have 13 named, I thought we were limited to 12?

Also, I really dont like the duckery we're doing with Erasmus. he should be playing AFL or playing WAFL. There are other players we should be using as non-playing emergencies

We are allowed to field 13 Freo players?
Is there a limit any more? Can't see anything in the rules:

Every Freo player accounted for. This is unheard of.

AFL (22) - Cox, Pearce, Logue, Young, Ryan, Aish, Acres, Brayshaw, Clark, Banfield, Taberner, Frederick, Switkowski, Lobb, Schultz, Darcy, Serong, Brodie, Colyer, Walters, Mundy, Chapman.

WAFL (13) - Treacy, Amiss, Sturt, Worner, Blakely, Henry, Hughes, Hamling, Wilson, Meek, Crowden, Tucker, Johnson.

WAFL RES (1) - Benning

Held over for AFL (2) - Walker, Erasmus.

Injured (3) - Fyfe, Western, O'Driscoll.

TOTAL = 41
MISSING = 0 !!!

Derksen was left out of Peel’s team in Round One and played reserves.

Realistically Meek, Treacy and Amiss offer more than he does at this level. Peel preferred Smith to Derksen in Round One - what would’ve changed?

Yes. I’m sure people are going to say Derksen’s performance but I have actually liked what I’ve seen of Smith - not from an AFL potential POV but he looks a very good WAFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derksen was left out of Peel’s team in Round One and played reserves.

Realistically Meek, Treacy and Amiss offer more than he does at this level. Peel preferred Smith to Derksen in Round One - what would’ve changed?

Yes. I’m sure people are going to say Derksen’s performance but I have actually liked what I’ve seen of Smith - not from an AFL potential POV but he looks a very good WAFL player.
He isn't named for the reserves so the injury news seems right

Also, yes his performance does dictate that he shouldn't be dropped, luckily he wasn't as he is injured

He isn't named for the reserves so the injury news seems right

Also, yes his performance does dictate that he shouldn't be dropped, luckily he wasn't as he is injured

Maybe but does Meek, Amiss, Treacy, Smith and Derksen fit into the same side? My honest opinion is no.

It’s between Smith and Derksen and Peel have picked Smith ahead of Derksen this year.

Derksen obviously has more AFL potential than Smith but I’ve watched Peel every time they’ve played in the season proper this year and I think Smith looks pretty handy. If you wanted to win this week’s game I genuinely think it’s a close call.

I think I may mosy down the road & take in this contest of Australian Rules from the scenic surroundings of Freo Oval tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We expect full analytical blow-by-blow every 5 seconds deets please. DO not disappoint, or forever be banished to the slathering grottos of the West coast of Doom board to languish in a thousand eternities of interminable anguish as the dirty birds song is sung to you on repeat!

No pressure :p

Be interesting to see if Sturt can take his chances with both Treacy and Amiss back in.
Gets a smaller defender and should have some roving opportunities.

Still hoping he’s only being held back because his running numbers aren’t up to scratch.
doesn’t always seem desperate when not in possession .

Johnsons Peel debut will be worth getting down for - can’t wait !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be interesting to see if Sturt can take his chances with both Treacy and Amiss back in.

Still hoping he’s only being held back because his running numbers aren’t up to scratch.

If my kids double bday party wasn't on id be at the game

I love my kids but I'd really love Sturt Amiss Tracey to kick a massive total

Amiss will get Noah Strom so a very tough ask.
I’m surprised Souths haven’t picked Trent Newton to play on Sturt.
Sturt could get a few if Peel get on top in the middle which they might as Souths are without Dylan Main and Suban.

I think a lot boils down to GPS data. I reckon afl players do 10-15km a game, 20-30% high intensity and multiple repeat efforts. I reckon Sturt is just down on these numbers. When he lifts workrate in the WAFL he’ll be included.
I think you are spot on here. WAFL fit is not necessarily AFL fit.
I’m as frustrated as most about his lack of AFL games but also want him to be able to play a full game and then season.
Would still pick him ahead of Banfield at only 10% fit though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back