2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We must be watching different games because on a shitty weather day both Blakely and Crowdens delivery was good. Blakelys short passes into the forward half were excellent.
Blakely is much maligned on here . His so called personal life gaffe is colouring what he does on the footy field. He will be picked up by another club and excel.
He is another Brodie waiting to happen.
Tbh there are plenty of players who are great in the twos but can never bring it to afl level. Look at Darcy Tucker, his wafl form is far better than crowden or Blakely yet he still only hovers around average to below average at afl level.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
It was an interesting ruck battle. It was like Sth Freo's Free had set himself with a plan to use his body to stop Meek getting dominant hitouts to advantage and while he won a good share himself the other Peel ruckman Smith came in a played a significant role in the clearances, and also popped up with 2 goals in the forward line.

Last edited:

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Connor Blakely will already have offers to play next season - at Subiaco, Swan Districts..

The biggest difference between Blakely and Brodie is that Will started this season as a 23 year old and Connor will start his first season at a new AFL club as a 28 year old.

I hope a club offer him $600,000 x 1 then $400,000 x2 for a total of three years and $1,400,000. He is a free agent, that will get us a second or third round pick.

Huh

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Connor Blakely will already have offers to play next season - at Subiaco, Swan Districts..

The biggest difference between Blakely and Brodie is that Will started this season as a 23 year old and Connor will start his first season at a new AFL club as a 28 year old.

I hope a club offer him $600,000 x 1 then $400,000 x2 for a total of three years and $1,400,000. He is a free agent, that will get us a second or third round pick.
Let me get this straight - you think Blakely is going to leave freo for another club on a 3 year deal for almost the same money that Rory Lobb is reportedly being offered by a Melbourne club - $1.5m over three years?

5EB20C08-2543-4FF0-802B-54D2410AF842.gif

Let me get this straight - you think Blakely is going to leave freo for another club on a 3 year deal for almost the same money that Rory Lobb is reportedly being offered by a Melbourne club - $1.5m over three years?

View attachment 1478876
No. But that’s never stopped Taylor from dreaming before

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
With WC season finished when Peel play the WAFL Eagles the Eagles might load up their WAFL side . Might make it tougher to beat them and Peel need the win to hold out Swans..

View attachment 1478876

I'm showing how ridiculous the suggestion is by writing it down.

I thought that was clear from the first sentence where I showed Blakely was five years older than Brodie and there was barely any interest in Brodie.

I'm curious to know how the rules around qualifying work. Broadly, when the AFL club is still active in the season the entire playing squad can play for Peel, even in finals but when the AFL side is no longer in the finals only those who have played enough games to qualify for finals can play at Peel.

I don't know how it works when the WAFL season runs long. I'm used to the WAFL grand final before the AFL grand final

With WC season finished when Peel play the WAFL Eagles the Eagles might load up their WAFL side . Might make it tougher to beat them and Peel need the win to hold out Swans..
Half the squads season will be finished and no one who's been playing mainly 1's will want to be playing. That side is going to so unbelievably checked out it's not funny

Back