Prediction 2022 Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

And as I posted. Times have changed.

For those waiting on Cal Twomeys phantom form guide he may have somewhat teased it in his players linked to agency’s piece that came out today

Usually has a top 25 first up and conveniently here is 24 names

Ashcroft
H.Barnett
Busslinger
Cadman
Clark
Davey
Fletcher
Foster
George
Gilbey
Hewett
Hollands
Hustwaite
Jefferson
Keeler
Lemmey
Mackenzie
Michallaney
Rowston
J.Ryan
Sheezel
Szybkowski
Tsatas
Wardlaw

No Phillipou yet it would seem for a player agency but he would be the 25th player for sure

For those waiting on Cal Twomeys phantom form guide he may have somewhat teased it in his players linked to agency’s piece that came out today

Ashcroft
H.Barnett
Busslinger
Cadman
Clark
Davey
Fletcher
Foster
George
Gilbey
Hewett
Hollands
Hustwaite
Jefferson
Keeler
Lemmey
Mackenzie
Michallaney
Rowston
J.Ryan
Sheezel
Szybkowski
Tsatas
Wardlaw

No Phillipou yet it would seem for a player agency but he would be the 25th player for sure
Hi eDPS - Do you have the link to that article you could share? Thanks

Ashcroft
H.Barnett
Busslinger
Cadman
Clark
Davey
Fletcher
Foster
George
Gilbey
Hewett
Hollands
Hustwaite
Jefferson
Keeler
Lemmey
Mackenzie
Michallaney
Rowston
J.Ryan
Sheezel
Szybkowski
Tsatas
Wardlaw

No Phillipou in the first 24 would be a massive surprise for most I’d imagine.

Personally I would have him pushing for the top 10, depending on club needs.

Thought I’d have a crack at doing the first round. It’s a lot harder then it looks, so hats off to all the main guys that create threads based around there predictions.

1. Brisbane- Will Ashcroft
  2. North Melbourne- Harry Sheezel
  3. West coast eagles - George Wardlaw
  4. Gws- Elijah Tsatas
  5. Adelaide- Mattaes Phillipou
  6. Essendon- Aaron Cadman
  7. Hawthorn- Jyhe Clarke
  8. Port Adelaide- Cam Mckenzie
  9. Gold Coast suns- Matthew Jefferson
  10. Western bulldogs- Jedd Busslinger
  11. Richmond- Elijah Hewett
  12. St.kilda - Reuben Ginbey
  13. Carlton- Henry Hustwaite
  14. Fremantle- Brayden George
  15. Sydney- Mitch Szybkowski
  16. Collingwood- Oliver Hollands
  17. Brisbane- Jaspa Fletcher
  18. Sydney-Oli Hotton
  19. Geelong- Isaac Keeler

Was really unsure as to where the bid would come for jaspa but I feel as though it will be in the range of 15-18.
Hopefully when I revisit this I’m not to far off the mark.

I would not at all be suprised to see Bailey Humphrey, Alwyn Davey jnr, Kobe Ryan and Lewis Hayes be taken anywhere in that first round also.

Thought I’d have a crack at doing the first round. It’s a lot harder then it looks, so hats off to all the main guys that create threads based around there predictions.

4. Gws- Elijah Tsatas
  7. Hawthorn- Jyhe Clarke
  18. Sydney-Oli Hotton

Was really unsure as to where the bid would come for jaspa but I feel as though it will be in the range of 15-18.

I would not at all be suprised to see Bailey Humphrey, Alwyn Davey jnr, Kobe Ryan and Lewis Hayes be taken anywhere in that first round also.

Would possibly sacrifice a soul or two to get Busslinger.

4. Gws- Elijah Tsatas
  7. Hawthorn- Jyhe Clarke
  18. Sydney-Oli Hotton

Can’t see Gold Coast passing on Busslinger. Especially as they have two potential KPF’s in their academy for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jefferson looks like the better key Position player but yeah you’re probably right they may take the key defender over the key forward
I don't know many people who rate Busslinger lower than Jefferson. Jeff is very raw but capable of being another King Bro style of athletic tall forward. The Kings have 8cm on him though. Busslinger is more proven and in a very valuable role as a tall interceptor. He's very similar to DGB, Weitering, and Sam Taylor, but he isn't a monster taking on Hawkins or McKay. For the role he plays, he's just about as good of a player as you can draft.

I don't know many people who rate Busslinger lower than Jefferson. Jeff is very raw but capable of being another King Bro style of athletic tall forward. The Kings have 8cm on him though. Busslinger is more proven and in a very valuable role as a tall interceptor. He's very similar to DGB, Weitering, and Sam Taylor, but he isn't a monster taking on Hawkins or McKay. For the role he plays, he's just about as good of a player as you can draft.
I’d take Lewis Hayes over busslinger.
1. Ashcroft
2. Wardlaw
3. Sheezel
4. Cadman
5. Hayes
6. Phillipou
7. Jefferson
8. Mackenzie
9 Hewett
10. Busslinger

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayes becomes the best player from this draft

I’d take Lewis Hayes over busslinger.
1. Ashcroft
2. Wardlaw
3. Sheezel
4. Cadman
5. Hayes
6. Phillipou
7. Jefferson
8. Mackenzie
9 Hewett
10. Busslinger

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayes becomes the best player from this draft
No Clark or Tsatas? That's a rough call, Clark has been close to the best player in both NAB league and Champs while Tsatas put up great numbers and still has the skillset and frame that made him a number 1 pick contender. I do agree Hayes is underrated, but I don't have him above Busslinger. If I had to do a big-board ranking I'd go with:

1 - Ashcroft
2 - Wardlaw
3 - Sheezel
4 - Tsatas
5 - Clark
6 - Cadman
7 - Busslinger
8 - Mackenzie
9 - Phillipou
10 - Jefferson

With Hayes sitting around 15-25. He isn't a one-for-one comparison to Busslinger though, he plays more lockdown than interceptor and could stand to put some muscle on if he wants to go up against key forwards in the AFL. Haye's isn't a bad kick, but Busslinger is an excellent kick with the right mix of footy smarts and ferocious aggression at the contest. Again, it's not a great comparison, but Hayes plays more like an Alex Pearce or Sam Frost than an interceptor.

This is just a phantom draft to where teams may end up at seasons end

NOTE: team in brackets means that was that teams original pick now it’s this teams via a trade previous season

MY DRAFT ORDER AFTER FINALS

#1- North Melbourne
#2- West Coast Eagles
#3- Essendon
#4- Adelaide Crows
#5- GWS Giants
#6- Hawthorn
#7- Western Bulldogs
#8- Port Adelaide
#9- Gold Coast Suns
#10- Carlton
#11- St Kilda
#12- Collingwood
#13- Fremantle
#14- Richmond
#15- Sydney Swans
#16- Brisbane Lions
#17- Geelong Cats
#18- Sydney Swans (Melbourne)

#19- Richmond (North Melbourne)
#20- West Coast Eagles
#21- Essendon
#22- Adelaide Crows
#23- GWS Giants
#24- Hawthorn
#25- Western Bulldogs
#26- West Coast Eagles (Port Adelaide)
#27- Gold Coast Suns

I am hearing Daniel McStay is worth an end of first round pick so if he’s worth that much then Karl Amon is worth more and he’s younger, so I predict Daniel McStay leaving gives Brisbane Lions an end of first pick, Jordan De Goey and Karl Amon to leave giving Collingwood and Port Adelaide a first pick

Assuming Tim Taranto leaves to go to Collingwood, they will give Giants there first pick.

As for North Melbourne because they desperately need depth as well as Port Adelaide, I think Port will want to keep those two top 10 picks, as for North this is what I would do (best case scenario for all parties)

Giants trade #13 to Sydney in return for there #17 and #20

Then North trade #1 to GWS in return for there #5, #17, #20, #26 and maybe an exchange over future picks

MY DRAFT ORDER AFTER TRADES AND PICK SWAPS

#1- GWS Giants
#2- West Coast Eagles
#3- Essendon
#4- Adelaide Crows
#5- North Melbourne
#6- Hawthorn
#7- Western Bulldogs
#8- Port Adelaide
#9- Port Adelaide
#10- Gold Coast Suns
#11- Carlton
#12- St Kilda
#13- Sydney Swans
#14- Collingwood
#15- Fremantle
#16- Richmond
#17- North Melbourne
#18- Brisbane Lions
#19- Geelong Cats
#20- North Melbourne
#21- Brisbane Lions

#22- Richmond (North Melbourne)
#23- West Coast Eagles
#24- Essendon
#25- Adelaide Crows
#26- North Melbourne
#27- Hawthorn
#28- Western Bulldogs
#29- West Coast Eagles (Port Adelaide)
#30- Gold Coast Suns

MY 2022 PHANTOM DRAFT

#1- BRISBANE LIONS (Bid Matched)

Name- WILL ASHCROFT
DOB- 6/5/2004
Height/Weight- 180cm 76kg
Position- Balanced Mid
Team- Sandringham Dragons
Origin- VIC Metro
NGA/FS- Brisbane Lions F/S
NOTES- No surprise that the Giants bid on him here he’s clearly the best player in the draft. Brisbane waste no time and sacrifice anything they can in picks to select him he is an unbelievable player and will go down with same talent with the likes of Sam Walsh and Nick Daicos. He slots straight into there best 22. Lions will lose Picks 18, 20 and other picks.

#2- GWS GIANTS

Name- GEORGE WARDLAW
DOB- 18/6/2004
Height/Weight- 182cm 81kg
Position- Inside Mid
Team- Oakleigh Chargers
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- The Giants for me here will select Wardlaw, a reliable and nice pick up to replace Taranto. He will fit nicely in there midfield to pair up with Green, he might be a Pick 1 selection as well. Wardlaw is a menace in contests he has fantastic pressure, follow up work athleticism, and can match with mature bodies as well.

#3- WEST COAST EAGLES

Name- ELIJAH HEWETT
DOB- 27/5/2004
Height/Weight- 185cm 84kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Team- Swan Districts
Origin- WA
NOTES- This is a hard selection between Hewett and Busslinger for the Eagles I feel they will stick local and why wouldn’t you if you have someone with this talent. Hewett is going to be an absolute star, I see all types of talent in this player and he is the type of player that can play multiple positions. He will break games open and will be a match winner and cause headaches for a lot of defenders.

#4- ESSENDON

Name- HARRY SHEEZEL
DOB- 13/10/2004
Height/Weight- 184cm 77kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- Essendon select best talent available. Sheezel can be a ball magnet as well as a goal kicking machine with smarts, he’s got good composure and looks like a future leader. Essendon need more forwards and why not select a ball magnet who can kick goals?

#5- ADELAIDE CROWS

Name- JEDD BUSSLINGER
DOB- 11/3/2004
Height/Weight- 197cm 85kg
Position- Key Def
Team- East Perth
Origin- WA
NOTES- Crows are in need for a key defender, it is an area where they lack at the moment, Butts and Doedee are the only good tall backs they have and could use an agile key defender who can play all types of roles in the back 6. Busslinger can intercept and read the ball in the air as well as shut down smalls, talls and rebound off half back. He may slot straight into the Crows best 22 especially with their recent history of playing all there young talent.

#6- NORTH MELBOURNE

Name- ELIJAH TSATAS
DOB- 18/10/2004
Height/Weight- 186cm 79kg
Position- Outside Mid
Team- Oakleigh Chargers
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- Tsatas is another potential Pick 1 selection, he’s a ball magnet who loves to run, he dominates the wing and racks up the possessions on the outside and is that ball carrier who receives and just attacks. He can break games open, drive motivation and here North desperately need all that, they take him and add him to their midfield group.

#7- HAWTHORN

Name- JHYE CLARK
DOB- 23/7/2004
Height/Weight- 181cm 77kg
Position- Balanced Mid
Team- Geelong Falcons
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Clark is the next best pick, and I think Hawthorn fans will be excited if Clark gets to the Hawks. He’s another midfielder who can play on ball and on the outside, he will be a key part of the Hawks development with some players such as Liam Shiels (potentially retiring), Mitchell and O’Meara ageing

#8- WESTERN BULLDOGS

Name- MATTHEW JEFFERSON
DOB- 8/3/2004
Height/Weight- 194cm 76kg
Position- Key Fwd
Team- Oakleigh Chargers
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- The Bulldogs here will partner up a player identical to Naughton with Naughton himself. This will be a scary combo in the forward half as Jefferson isn’t scared to fly for the ball in packs and is an agile tall. Josh Bruce isn’t too far away from retiring and I think the Bulldogs wont hesitate to take a tall forward which will be a rare moment for them to get this chance for a while.

#9- PORT ADELAIDE

Name- MATTAES PHILLIPOU
DOB- 27/12/2004
Height/Weight- 191cm 83kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Team- Woodville West Torrens
Origin- SA
NOTES- Phillipou is another exciting prospect, he’s tall, younger, plays forward and around the middle, he has great overhead marking abilities and if he reaches Port’s selection I think they will take him.

#10- PORT ADELAIDE

Name- BRAYDEN GEORGE
DOB- 13/1/2004
Height/Weight- 185cm 87kg
Position- Fwd
Team- Murray Bushrangers
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Port desperately need small forwards and goal smarts, and I think they will grab another forward. This big bodied prospect has great sense around goal, he can throw his weight around and will probably rotate in the midfield in the future. With Gray almost done (potentially retiring) Brayden George will be nice pick up along with Phillipou who can both rotate and do damage in the midfield and forward line

#11- ST KILDA (Pick swap with Gold Coast Suns)

Name- CAM MACKENZIE
DOB- 21/1/2004
Height/Weight- 187cm 80kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Origin- VIC Metro
NGA/FS- St Kilda
NOTES- MacKenzie is another player with super talent who could potentially be a top 5 pick. I think St Kilda will do anything they can to select him he has comparable talent to Ashcroft. He’s another balanced midfielder who bursts out of contests can run and carry and be an influence up forward. He confused me a lot with Ashcroft they played similar and partnered up well. Saints will trade whatever they need to get to him wherever he may be selected and they should.

#12- CARLTON

Name- AARON CADMAN
DOB- 3/3/2004
Height/Weight- 194cm 88kg
Position- Key Fwd
Team- GWV Rebels
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Cadman is the next best talent here and Carlton I think select him if he’s available. Their midfield is stacked they’re defence is improving and I feel why not go for a smart lead up tall forward to go along with the young McKay and Curnow.

#13- GOLD COAST SUNS

Name- ISAAC KEELER
DOB- 23/4/2004
Height/Weight- 198cm 88kg
Position- Key Fwd/Ruck
Team- North Adelaide
Origin- SA
NGA/FS- Adelaide Crows NGA
NOTES- The Suns have plenty of depth everywhere except for tall forwards and I feel they will select the best tall talent available at their first selection. With Casboult and Day at the end the Suns will select another South Australian player who they have a good recent history with. Keeler can play any role he is asked he reads the ball well is a great lead up player and can also be thrown in the ruck.

#14- SYDNEY SWANS

Name- MITCH SZYBKOWSKI
DOB- 9/1/2004
Height/Weight- 186cm 84kg
Position- Inside Mid
Team- Dandenong Stingrays
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- The Swans select the on baller in Szybkowski, this big bodied midfielder racks up contested possessions and the Swans need some class in that area. Mitch will provide all that as well as bursting out of packs. This comes at a perfect time to replace Josh Kennedy.

#15- COLLINGWOOD

Name- HARRY LEMMEY
DOB- 30/1/2004
Height/Weight- 199cm 94kg
Position- Key Fwd
Team- West Adelaide
Origin- SA
NOTES- The Pies select a tall forward in Lemmey at this selection, if successful and they gain Taranto along with all there other young talent developing they should draft a young tall since they haven’t got many to play in their forward half. Lemmey has the experience to play with mature players reads the ball and leads up nicely. He plays similar to Tom Lynch although he’s been a bit more inconsistent this year and slides down to his previous expected top 3 selection. There’s room for improvement but may turn into a dangerous tall forward and provides a great target. No reason why the Pies should pass him up at Pick 15.

#16- FREMANTLE

Name- JACKSON BROADBENT
DOB- 2/12/2004
Height/Weight- 201cm 100kg
Position- Ruck
Team- Peel Thunder
Origin- WA
NOTES- Broadbent is arguably the best ruck in the draft, he’s a big unit who can throw his weight around the ground who spreads and gets in the right spots to have an influence around ground. Freo stick local and will be hoping Broadbent slides to there selection, he will be a safe pick up as Meek may go back to Victoria, with news on Lobb wanting to leave and constant poaching and attractive offers to lure Sean Darcy back home in Victoria.

#17- RICHMOND

Name- ADAM D’ALOIA
DOB- 9/4/2004
Height/Weight- 186cm 86kg
Position- Inside Mid
Team- Woodville West Torrens
Origin- SA
NOTES- D’Aloia for me is the next best player and he may even be selected around the 10th selection. He’s the best clearance winner in the draft and knows how to use the ball after he wins it, he’s mature and has great leadership abilities. The tigers use there players for multiple roles and here I think they need a spark in the midfield and with the ageing Martin, Cotchin and Edwards close to the end this clearance winner would be an ideal pick up.

#18- NORTH MELBOURNE

Name- HENRY HUSTWAITE
DOB- 20/7/2004
Height/Weight- 194cm 84kg
Position- Tall Utility/Balanced Mid
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Hustwaite has been previously down in defence with his height and leap an advantage he has intercepting talent and can run off half back, the good thing about him is when you throw him in the midfield he racks up possessions in the contest and knows how to play on the outside. He could be a reliable player for North with his height and agility. Whatever part of the ground North are lacking, Hustwaite could be there mr fix it.

#19- GEELONG CATS

Name- OLIVER HOLLANDS
DOB- 16/1/2004
Height/Weight- 184cm 71kg
Position- Balanced Mid
Team- Murray Bushrangers
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- The Cats here go for the next available talent, and they need to inject some more young classy midfielders into there group. Hollands can play different roles in the midfield he has great sense and knows how to track down players and force turn overs, he has great defensive abilities and I think he will improve and become a top player, the Cats cannot go wrong here.

#20- ESSENDON (Bid Matched)

Name- ALWYN DAVRY JR
DOB- 26/2/2004
Height/Weight- 180cm 74kg
Position- Fwd
Team- Oakleigh Chargers
Origin- VIC Metro
NGA/FS- Essendon F/S
NOTES- The Bombers match North’s bid on the son of Alwyn Davey with no shock that they would, Davey is full of class aand has magnificent speed and offensive abilities. The bombers need forwards and Alwyn Davey Jr came at the perfect time as they could use his scoring power. Expect him to debut quite early next year.

#21- NORTH MELBOURNE

Name- LEWIS HAYES
DOB- 17/12/2004
Height/Weight- 195cm 77kg
Position- Key Def
Team- Eastern Ranges
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- Hayes may even go earlier than this pick, I think North will take a tall defender, it’s an area they’re lacking and always seem to throw other players in the back half to help out. Hayes is an intercept king, he reads the ball well in the air positions himself right and knows how to rebound with speed. North will be looking to add more depth in that area hoping some of these players have an immediate impact and can play and focus more on a specific role. Cam Zurhaar I feel might leave and head back to Perth, if he does North might select another forward or a goal kicking midfielder in Charlie Clarke.

#22- RICHMOND

Name- TOM SCULLY
DOB- 2/11/2004
Height/Weight- 201cm 83kg
Position- Key Fwd/Ruck
Team- West Adelaide
Origin- SA
NOTES- Scully could be a steal and very possibly a hidden gem who should’ve been a top 5 selection, the tigers will be glad if he slides down to there second selection here. Scully is an agile tall forward with great marking abilities and knows how to kick bags of goals. He will be a test when he’s up against some of the best tall defenders and with Riewoldt and Lynch close to the end of there careers and no other developing tall forwards it’s obvious why they would select Scully.

#23- BRISBANE LIONS (Bid Matched)

Name- JASPA FLETCHER
DOB- 24/4/2004
Height/Weight- 184cm 73kg
Position- Outside Mid
Team- Brisbane Lions Academy
Origin- QLD
NGA/FS- Brisbane Lions F/S
NOTES- The Lions match the Eagles bid here and take there second father son selection. Fletcher is a great run and ball carrier and knows where to find and create space. Lions are in the best position they could be in with being premier contenders as well as picking up two gun players to go in and lead the younger generations of Lions.

#24- WEST COAST EAGLES

Name- KOBE RYAN
DOB- 17/2/2004
Height/Weight- 183cm 73kg
Position- Balanced Mid
Team- West Adelaide
Origin- SA
NOTES- Again another player who could easily be selected a lot earlier, Ryan doesn’t need to prove much more he’s played in the SANFL reserves and league and still has an immediate impact. He’s super fit can play multiple roles as a midfielder has great offensive power and I think he can slot into any team and the Eagles will take him as part of their rebuild here with Gaff, Shuey and Redden close to the end.

#25- ESSENDON

Name- ANTHONY MUNKARA
DOB- 3/10/2004
Height/Weight- 186cm 77kg
Position- Fwd
Team- West Adelaide
Origin- NT
NGA/FS- Essendon NGA
NOTES- Munkara is a player who can be unstoppable around goal, he knows where to step and dance around players and can is that dangerous player who can do serious damage around the goal square, although he’s shown those great signs to be a potential top 15 selection he has been inconsistent and can go missing in games as that will be part of his development and Essendon won’t hesitate but to use this selection here to grab there next generation academy player.

#26- ADELAIDE CROWS

Name- HARRY BARNETT
DOB- 22/1/2004
Height/Weight- 202cm 93kg
Position- Ruck/Fwd
Team- West Adelaide
Origin- SA
NOTES- Barnett is an exciting ruckman who follows up his own ball and isn’t scared to get involved and throw his weight around, he provides a great option up forward and the Crows will love it if he slides to their second selection, pretty simple why they would take him here as he’s a local and the Crows are in need to recruit a ruckman. Do not be surprised if Barnett is taken inside the top 20.

#27- NORTH MELBOURNE

Name- LACHLAN COWAN
DOB- 1/12/2004
Height/Weight- 188cm 81kg
Position- Half Back
Team- Tasmania Devils
Origin- TAS
NOTES- With North’s fourth selection inside the top 30 to really stock up their list they select a tall rebounding defender in Lachie Cowan. Cowan has the longest and penetrating kick he will give that exciting drive off half back. He might be that player that when teams need to reset they will pass the ball to him. North will be happy to select him here and great for their culture recruiting another Tasmanian.

#28- HAWTHORN

Name- JAXON BINNS
DOB- 29/10/2004
Height/Weight- 182cm 74kg
Position- Outside Mid
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Hawks simply go for the next available talent here in Binns who is a ball magnet on the wing, knows where to find the ball and gets himself in the right spots, he has immediate impact and drive and isn’t shy to take risks. He’s another player who could be selected a lot earlier, and even though he can be scrappy I see him not giving up and if he fixes some of those areas he could turn into a Callum Mills type player.

#29- WESTERN BULLDOGS

Name- CASEY VOSS
DOB- 14/9/2000
Height/Weight- 182cm 80kg
Position- Half Back
Team- Sturt
Origin- SA
NOTES- The first mature aged player selected in the draft and it’s no surprise for me he is selected this early. The Dogs take a punt on him here and he will slot straight into there best 22 as a marking machine. Voss can intercept and provide that drive and shut down dangerous forwards he could be the steal of the draft who should have immediate impact he has played against other mature players who have been on AFL lists and has beaten them all to it going with 15 marks in the SA v WA game. He could be the next Tom Stewart?

#30- WEST COAST EAGLES

Name- CHARLIE CLARKE
DOB- 4/1/2004
Height/Weight- 182cm 75kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Origin- VIC Metro
NOTES- Clarke is another player of talent who can play both midfield and up forward, he will be a handy player for the Eagles who haven’t any upcoming talent to inject into their forward line. With Cripps ageing Clarke might be worth considering. He is another player who could be selected a lot earlier

#31- GOLD COAST SUNS

Name- JACOB KONSTANTY
DOB- 9/11/2004
Height/Weight- 176cm 70kg
Position- Fwd
Team- Gippsland Power
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- The Suns have a bright future ahead of them and their development in young players has started to pay off. They are probably the only club with the most talent and speed up forward with the amount of dangerous forwards they have now why not inject another one? Konstanty has elite pressure keeping the ball in the forward half, great goal sense and smarts he knows how to crumb and pairing up with the likes of Ainsworth, Rankine and Rosas could be threatening for the opposition. This could be a bit of a shock that he slides down this far.

#32- CARLTON

Name- BAILEY HUMPHREY
DOB- 11/9/2004
Height/Weight- 184cm 86kg
Position- Mid/Fwd
Team- Gippsland Power
Origin- VIC Country
NOTES- Humphrey is an underrated player and has gone under the radar a bit. He could be a hidden gem he plays multiple roles through the midfield using his big tank and is great at winning contests on ground and in the air. He also knows where the goals are, Carlton select him here based on talent.

NEXT LOT OF PLAYERS TO BE CONSIDERED: Nick Sadler, Blake Drury, Ted Clohesy, Luke Teal, Jed Hagan, Harry Rowston, Billy Dowling, Taj Campbell-Farrell, Jason Gillbee, Reuben Ginbey, James Van Es, Olivier Northam, Kane Bevan, Darcy Jones, Jakob Ryan, Nick Madden, Josh Weddle, Sam Gilbey, Seth Campbell, Jonti Schuback
While I Appreciate the effort in this

Hawks aint taking Clarke, too similar too Ward/O'Meara/Worpel

No Clark or Tsatas? That's a rough call, Clark has been close to the best player in both NAB league and Champs while Tsatas put up great numbers and still has the skillset and frame that made him a number 1 pick contender. I do agree Hayes is underrated, but I don't have him above Busslinger. If I had to do a big-board ranking I'd go with:

1 - Ashcroft
2 - Wardlaw
3 - Sheezel
4 - Tsatas
5 - Clark
6 - Cadman
7 - Busslinger
8 - Mackenzie
9 - Phillipou
10 - Jefferson

With Hayes sitting around 15-25. He isn't a one-for-one comparison to Busslinger though, he plays more lockdown than interceptor and could stand to put some muscle on if he wants to go up against key forwards in the AFL. Haye's isn't a bad kick, but Busslinger is an excellent kick with the right mix of footy smarts and ferocious aggression at the contest. Again, it's not a great comparison, but Hayes plays more like an Alex Pearce or Sam Frost than an interceptor.
It’s all opinions. Tsatas needs to work on his defensive side of his game. His outside game is probably number 1 & I love his leg speed. I see him in the next bracket.
Clark also in the next bracket. I personally don’t want to talk about negatives. So I’ll focus on his positives. Gives great energy around the contest, multiple efforts, covers the ground well and from afar shows good leadership qualities.
Both will most likely be 1st round picks and be top quality AFL players.

August Phantom Draft
1. Brisbane: Will Ashcroft
2. North Melbourne: Harry Sheezel
3. West Coast: George Wardlaw
4. GWS: Aaron Cadman
5. Adelaide: Elijah Tsatas
6. Essendon: Mattaes Phillipou
7. Hawthorn: Cameron Mackenzie
8. Port Adelaide: Jhye Clark
9. Gold Coast: Jedd Busslinger
10. Western Bulldogs: Isaac Keeler
11. Richmond: Elijah Hewett
12. St Kilda: Matthew Jefferson
13. Carlton: Brayden George
14. Fremantle: Reuben Ginbey
15. Sydney: Henry Hustwaite
16. Collingwood: Lewis Hayes
17. Sydney: Jakob Ryan
18. Geelong: Mitch Szybowski
19. Richmond: Bailey Humphrey
20. West Coast: Oliver Hollands
21: Essendon: Alwyn Davey Jnr
22: GWS: Jacob Konstanty
23: Adelaide: Adam D'Aloia
24: Brisbane: Jaspa Fletcher
25: Hawthorn: Oli Hotton
26: West Coast: Sam Gilbey
27: Gold Coast: Kobe Ryan
28: Western Bulldogs: Anthony Munkara
29: Richmond: Lachlan Cowan
30: St Kilda: Josh Weddle

Is anyone going to go for the little genius Darcy Jones or is he just too short by modern standards?

West Coasts third rounder would be an ideal spot. ;)

He will get picked up regardless of his height. Plenty of short guys in the AFL. The Tigers are littered with <180cm players and they've done alright over the past 5 years.
I hope you are right.

I don't think clubs have a problem picking players 177-180cm and as you say there are plenty of those on AFL lists.

But AFL listed players 170-176cm are rare (4% currently) and I think they make recruiters nervous but here's hoping for the best for Jones and Hagan and others. It would be great to see them get a gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back