Prediction 2022 Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

And as I posted. Times have changed.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Jones won't be playing midfield at AFL level, he's a flyweight who'll float off half-forward. We already have a few of those not getting a game and I'm not sure he adds anything we don't get out of Moore.

What about Humphrey do you not rate as a top pick? Apart from his kicking which admittedly can be a bit shifty when he gets ~60m out from goal he gets the ball at the bottom of packs, tackles hard, runs both ways and takes strong marks. His game against Dandenong was rather indicative of his play, a brute force bull with the strength overhead to play forward, but isn't a good enough kick to be taking all the shots he does. Nonetheless, he ran all day, crunched tackles both defensively and in the forward line and made the stingrays earn every kick out of the centre square. Do you see his kicking inside 50 as that large of a downside, or is there something else about his game I've missed?
You've convinced me - Humphrey to Hawks, (happy accident) Bradshaw to Lions.

yay!

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d take Lewis Hayes over busslinger.
1. Ashcroft
2. Wardlaw
3. Sheezel
4. Cadman
5. Hayes
6. Phillipou
7. Jefferson
8. Mackenzie
9 Hewett
10. Busslinger

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayes becomes the best player from this draft

Hayes is getting ridiculous. His form continues though to the final representative game it wouldn't be a shock at all to see him go top ten.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Hewetts performances haven’t been so special to go that high.
Could see the Eagles picking up a Wardlow ,Sheezel or Phillipou
Yeah, he's going to be linked to WC a lot because he's 'home grown'.

I'd add Tsatas and now Clark to your list of more likely players too.

End of round 23 Phantom Draft

Big_Newon

Senior List
Jul 12, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
1661243525033.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bankstown

Rookie
May 24, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
Seems small forwards are in short supply this year , had a look at the leading small forward goal wise (180 cm or below) in each league and they came out like this VFL - Ben Cavarra , SANFL Josh Gore (Matt Wright kicked same amount of goals but also played wing and back for Crows reserves ) and Keegan Knott (WAFL) . Others I rate are Ned Cahill, Kim Kantilla and Eamon Wilkinson

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems small forwards are in short supply this year , had a look at the leading small forward goal wise (180 cm or below) in each league and they came out like this VFL - Ben Cavarra , SANFL Josh Gore (Matt Wright kicked same amount of goals but also played wing and back for Crows reserves ) and Keegan Knott (WAFL) . Others I rate are Ned Cahill, Kim Kantilla and Eamon Wilkinson

Cavarra showed some potential at the Dogs but his career was just wrecked by injury.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Every phantom has Wardlaw to the Eagles. Lol.

I will say most were done prior to his repetitive hamstring injuries.

The early phantoms just show how far off the final order you get trying to predict outcomes so far out.
Well, would you say that without the repetitive injuries he would fit WCE's area of need? Ignoring the injuries, who would you think/want WCE to take instead?

And what are your thoughts now? Who'd be top of your list to take - or would you look to orchestrate a trade and try to get more that one really early first rounder (if possible)?

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well, would you say that without the repetitive injuries he would fit WCE's area of need? Ignoring the injuries, who would you think/want WCE to take instead?

And what are your thoughts now? Who'd be top of your list to take - or would you look to orchestrate a trade and try to get more that one really early first rounder (if possible)?

Tsatas isn't quite their speed, from what I know - WCE has some outside class, they need an inside bull, and Wardlaw has been the standout in that aspect. Maybe trading down for Szybowski and someone else?

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Tsatas isn't quite their speed, from what I know - WCE has some outside class, they need an inside bull, and Wardlaw has been the standout in that aspect. Maybe trading down for Szybowski and someone else?
Well, I guess the first question is whether you really forego the talent that is Wardlaw due to his current situation? I mean, I understand the reluctance - I would have the same for my club given our poor S&C performance over several years - but would a professional organisation not believe they'd get him right? But if so, then yes, who of the rest of the top 5 fits them best? Or do they figure on trading backwards and maybe hope to pick up two lesser talents (though still good) - and do they think about locals in that case?

Lots of 'ifs' here, but if Rankine goes to Adelaide and if Suns gets pick #5, and if they were willing to trade #5 & #7 for Eagles' #2, what would be Eagles' priorities? Hewett? Busslinger? Cadman? Phillipou? And why not Tsatas - he can play bursts inside as well as outside? And what about Jhye Clarke as a really solid possible 200-gamer?

I'm certainly interested in the WA view on all those aspects.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Oakleigh Chargers big guns hardly fired a shot today, Bendigo Pioneers have outplayed and dominated the star studded Chargers who've hardly given a yelp. Blake Drury about the only exception with a 4 quarter effort. Chargers with 3 very late cheap goals flatters the scoreline..

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, I guess the first question is whether you really forego the talent that is Wardlaw due to his current situation? I mean, I understand the reluctance - I would have the same for my club given our poor S&C performance over several years - but would a professional organisation not believe they'd get him right? But if so, then yes, who of the rest of the top 5 fits them best? Or do they figure on trading backwards and maybe hope to pick up two lesser talents (though still good) - and do they think about locals in that case?

Lots of 'ifs' here, but if Rankine goes to Adelaide and if Suns gets pick #5, and if they were willing to trade #5 & #7 for Eagles' #2, what would be Eagles' priorities? Hewett? Busslinger? Cadman? Phillipou? And why not Tsatas - he can play bursts inside as well as outside? And what about Jhye Clarke as a really solid possible 200-gamer?

I'm certainly interested in the WA view on all those aspects.
In that unlikely hypothetical, I would like Cadman, and one of Clark, Mackenzie or Phillipou.

A Bazzo/Busslinger combo would be nice, but it's not as big a need as finding Allen a long-term partner and getting a quality young mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back