Prediction 2022 Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

And as I posted. Times have changed.

Well, would you say that without the repetitive injuries he would fit WCE's area of need? Ignoring the injuries, who would you think/want WCE to take instead?

And what are your thoughts now? Who'd be top of your list to take - or would you look to orchestrate a trade and try to get more that one really early first rounder (if possible)?

Id be trading 2 to either Essendon, Hawks or the Suns and splitting the pick for starters.

Wardlaw and his hammies are too big a risk.

Sheezle is silk but a flight risk IMO.

The pick trading gets complicated but if the Eagles ended up with say pick 6 plus the Lions pick 12 and they retain their current picks would love.

6 Phiillapou / Clark / Busslinger
12 Mackenzie / Hewett / Humphrey
20 Jacob Ryan (edited) / Hotton / Keeler
26 Hotton / Darcy Jones
38 Jackson Broadbent

Last edited:
Id be trading 2 to either Essendon, Hawks or the Suns and splitting the pick for starters.

Wardlaw and his hammies are too big a risk.

Sheezle is silk but a flight risk IMO.

The pick trading gets complicated but if the Eagles ended up with say pick 6 plus the Lions pick 12 and they retain their current picks would love.

6 Phiillapou / Clark / Busslinger
12 Mackenzie / Hewett / Humphrey
20 Kobe Ryan / Hotton / Keeler
26 Hotton / Darcy Jones
38 Jackson Broadbent
Kobe Ryan at 20? Darcy Jones at 26? They're going to find it hard at AFL level imo.

Kobe Ryan at 20? Darcy Jones at 26? They're going to find it hard at AFL level imo.

Lol. Thats because I should have said Jacob Ryan. At 20 a bit early but he has what the Eagles need. Speed and quality ball use across half back and gets plenty of ball.

I understand the concern on Darcy, 175cm. However he is super skilled at ground level and has pace and footy IQ. I see Rioli leaving and Cripps is 30. Rioli is also 175 cm.

Ground ball gets especially in poor conditions is a massive weakness at the Eagles, reason why I also like Hotton.

Last edited:
Lol. Thats because I should have said Jacob Ryan. At 20 at bit early but he has what the Eagles need. Speed and quality ball use across half back and gets plenry of ball.

I understand the concern on Darcy, 175cm. However he is super skilled at ground level and has pace and footy IQ. I see Rioli leaving and Cripps is 30. Rioli is also 175 cm.

Ground ball gets especially in poor conditions is a massive weakness at the Eagles, reason why I also like Hotton.
I agree on Darcy Jones he’s a natural footballer, some get hung up on a players height.
Every team would take Shai Bolton and he is the same height as Jones.

Oakleigh Chargers big guns hardly fired a shot today, Bendigo Pioneers have outplayed and dominated the star studded Chargers who've hardly given a yelp. Blake Drury about the only exception with a 4 quarter effort. Chargers with 3 very late cheap goals flatters the scoreline..
Drury and Philactides easily Oakleighs best yesterday.

I agree on Darcy Jones he’s a natural footballer, some get hung up on a players height.
Every team would take Shai Bolton and he is the same height as Jones.
I think Bolton has a lot more talent for starters, he can sit on people's heads, is as slippery as an eel and his contested game is great.

They're not similar outside of their height imo.

Well, I guess the first question is whether you really forego the talent that is Wardlaw due to his current situation? I mean, I understand the reluctance - I would have the same for my club given our poor S&C performance over several years - but would a professional organisation not believe they'd get him right? But if so, then yes, who of the rest of the top 5 fits them best? Or do they figure on trading backwards and maybe hope to pick up two lesser talents (though still good) - and do they think about locals in that case?

Lots of 'ifs' here, but if Rankine goes to Adelaide and if Suns gets pick #5, and if they were willing to trade #5 & #7 for Eagles' #2, what would be Eagles' priorities? Hewett? Busslinger? Cadman? Phillipou? And why not Tsatas - he can play bursts inside as well as outside? And what about Jhye Clarke as a really solid possible 200-gamer?

I'm certainly interested in the WA view on all those aspects.
Given Wardlaw's repeat injuries a trade down for 5 and 7 would be irresistible I reckon, but doubt it would be on offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bolton has a lot more talent for starters, he can sit on people's heads, is as slippery as an eel and his contested game is great.

They're not similar outside of their height imo.

Have you been watching Darcy Jones play?

Jones is very good overhead and can take a mark. He has break away speed and is 'slippery' as you put it. Great goal sense.

As for his contested game, he isnt afraid of laying a tackle. Would be very close to playing the same role Bolton did as an u18.

Have you been watching Darcy Jones play?

Jones is very good overhead and can take a mark. He has break away speed and is 'slippery' as you put it. Great goal sense.

As for his contested game, he isnt afraid of laying a tackle. Would be very close to playing the same role Bolton did as an u18.
Yeah, I've certainly seen him play. He's a real flyweight, who's going to struggle with the bigger bodies and contested side of AFL imo.

Yeah, I've certainly seen him play. He's a real flyweight, who's going to struggle with the bigger bodies and contested side of AFL imo.
Because he's an 18 year old kid.

Seriously, he's very similar, compare the two from their u18s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back