Prediction 2022 Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

And as I posted. Times have changed.

Seems good to me.
Realistically, who is Hawthorn's main competition for pick 22 from essendon.
Are you in the box seat to get it or is somebody else a real threat for it.
Most likely we trade it up. Otherwise, maybe St Kilda or Carlton.

With rumours of Hewett circulating if any of them are true I hope the Swans don't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Why? You dont think the culture at the Swans is good enough?

IMO the Swans are a very likely destination. They have a fantastic track record developing kids, they often draft WA kids and they have multiple late 1st round picks to snap up a quality slidder.

Swans were smashed 8n the GF by bigger mids and that is what they need to address.

All that points towards Hewett as an obvious option for the Swans IMO.

And oh the melts on here would be epic.

Warner, Sheldrick and Hewett together. Three quality WA inside bulls carrying the Swans totheir next flag. And the Eagles could have drafted all of them.

IMO the Swans are a very likely destination. They have a fantastic track record developing kids, they often draft WA kids and they have multiple late 1st round picks to snap up a quality slidder.

Swans were smashed 8n the GF by bigger mids and that is what they need to address.

All that points towards Hewett as an obvious option for the Swams IMO.

We weren't able to turn Elijah Taylor around. Don't really want to risk a first round pick on someone that could easily not make it due to personality reasons.

All that points towards Hewett as an obvious option for the Swans IMO.

And oh the melts on here would be epic.

Warner, Sheldrick and Hewett together. Three quality WA inside bulls carrying the Swans totheir next flag. And the Eagles could have drafted all of them.
Cats mids were a combined 1cm bigger in the GF, though the extra couple of decades in the gym probably helped. Happy to get a Hustwaite type as a differential (though his hand and foot skills are the main traits I'd want), but whoever we get doesn't have to be tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did this for the Swans board but I looked back as far as Twomey has been doing phantom drafts before the actual draft and here are his Swans selections

2012 (Pick 23) - Jesse Lonergan
2013 (Pick 15) - Tom Cutler
2014 (Pick 18) - Isaac Heeney
2015 (Pick 3) - Callum Mills
2016 (Pick 11) - Jy Simpkin
2017 (Pick 14) - Luchie O'Brien
2018 (Pick 7) - Nick Blakey
2019 (Pick 5) - Sam Flanders
2020 (Pick 4) - Denver Grainger-Barras
2021 (Pick 18) - Tom Brown

Other than the acadmey kids who pick themselves he has never made a correct selection with the Swans.

Cats mids were a combined 1cm bigger in the GF, though the extra couple of decades in the gym probably helped. Happy to get a Hustwaite type as a differential (though his hand and foot skills are the main traits I'd want), but whoever we get doesn't have to be tall.

It not about height but power.

As you pointed out the Cats mids all had mature AFL bodies, and it showed.

Swans losing Kennedy was a big loss. Apart from Warner the other Swans mids just were not big or strong enough.

Sheldrick will help.

A Phillapou or Hewett would as well. Bigger combative ball winners.

Swans losing Kennedy was a big loss. Apart from Warner the other Swans mids just were not big or strong enough.

Sheldrick will help.

I think you're missing the point. We had a much younger midfield on average, that is the point. You give our existing midfield, especially Warner and Rowbottom, even Mills given he's relatively recently come into the midfield, that extra time, and I don't think the difference would be as great. It was mental and tactical, probably as much as physical anyway. We managed OK previously against the Cats, and other bigger midfields.

Another mid is fine, Parker only has a couple more years in there, so you'd want a replacement for him. Although we might have to fit Sheldrick and Roberts at some point. They aren't going to be replacing anyone substantially before then, it would just make us younger and less mature. Phillipou won't be available, Hewett has some issues it seems. Rowbottom is slightly taller than Hewett anyway, and isn't someone I'd want to kick out, Warner who you say was the only one big or strong enough, is our shortest mid (until Sheldrick breaks in) and you wouldn't be replacing him.

Anyway, I'd be looking at Hustwaite more than players that we won't get or have behavioural/flight risk issues. He won't be a JPK type, but gives us a different dynamic, and can use the ball well.

Sheldrick will help.

I would add though that someone like D'Aloia at our 3rd pick might be a good get. I'd just rather get Hustwaite or a couple of talls (since we'll soon have an exodus) with our first rounders.

Sheldrick will help.

Exactly look at someone like Prestia

Did the Swans try?

He was shown the door pretty quick. Suggest the AFL strongly endorsed that move.

Domestic violence looks like its a one strike policy in the modern day AFL.
This comment is intreaging. What should the Swans have done that they did not?

This comment is intreaging. What should the Swans have done that they did not?

As I posted I suggest the AFL with the expansion into AFLW and their respect for women initiatives there is a one strike policy with domestic violence cases.

Years ago things were different and clubs, including the Swans, did things differently.

What happened was the guy was sacked and moved on pretty quickly. I am confident that they would have ensured some counselling was provided however I would not at all be surprised the AFL made a call to Swans management and basically said move him on, we don't want his type playing in this competition.

As I posted I suggest the AFL with the expansion into AFLW and their respect for women initiatives there is a one strike policy with domestic violence cases.

Years ago things were different and clubs, including the Swans, did things differently.

What happened was the guy was sacked and moved on pretty quickly. I am confident that they would have ensured some counselling was provided however I would not at all be surprised the AFL made a call to Swans management and basically said move him on, we don't want his type playing in this competition.
A lot of maybe the Afl did this, maybe that, could have, should have. Not a single sentence about him taking responsibility for his own actions. One strike policy for inflicting violence on a woman. What, are you suggesting there should be two strike, three strike policy. The man has shown to be a terrible human, who it appears does not have ability to learn or to adjust his behavior. It is not the Swan's responsibility to make him an agreeable human. That was primarily parental responsibility and once of age it is his own responsibility.

Last edited:
WIN PRIZES!

Now that I've got your attention, if you've shared your phantom draft in this thread already, don't forget to enter the 2022 Official BigFooty Draft Tipping Competition.

It couldn't be much easier - simply click on the following link, use the template from the OP, and you're in the running!

CLICK ME - 2022 OFFICIAL BIGFOOTY DRAFT TIPPING COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Back