Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, Dusty is dead as a Fantasy player .....he's been on a slow decline the last few years ...and this year has spelt his death knell, he won't rebound back
Did your crystal ball tell you that? 😂

Still averaging 92.5 which includes two games where he was subbed off early with injury.

As I said, I won't start him, but if he's playing well, if there's no other forward premos and he's cheap, I'll 100% consider him

Duncan has been very durable over the years.
Write off this year.
Not including his debut season he's only missed;
4 (don't know if these were injuries or just not established best 22 yet), 1, 0, 0, 11, 0, 1, 2, 0 and 1.
So only the 2 really significant injuries over his career, worth backing in imo.
I'll stand to be corrected .....but I count 3 injuries this year alone ....not sure PS, but a hammy and now his current knee
Just a bad run this year, or a sign ?

1626999890486.png

Still averaging 92.5 which includes two games where he was subbed off early with injury.

As I said, I won't start him, but if he's playing well, if there's no other forward premos and he's cheap, I'll 100% consider him
Absolutely no-way I have Dusty in my side at any price .....he's aging and aspects of his game that were his strength, are now becoming less effective

The Dusty dynamic is very funny this year.

Apparently Dusty is no good anymore.

But now Richmond can't win because this player that is no good is out.

Will be one of the most owned players yet again next season come round 1. Bank on it.

Absolutely no-way I have Dusty in my side at any price .....he's aging and aspects of his game that were his strength, are now becoming less effective
Each to their own mate :shrug:

Averaged 102.9 last year. Doubt he gets more than 10% discount so would be around $480-500k. Hard to pass at that price. Surely takes every kick in for the hawks.

Only issue is can Sicily, Day, Scrimsook, Hardwick, Jiath, and Impey all play in the back half and how do the points get shared around.

Hawthorn will be bottom 4 again next year so at least there will be a lot of ball in their defense.

Averaged 102.9 last year. Doubt he gets more than 10% discount so would be around $480-500k. Hard to pass at that price. Surely takes every kick in for the hawks.

Only issue is can Sicily, Day, Scrimsook, Hardwick, Jiath, and Impey all play in the back half and how do the points get shared around.

Hawthorn will be bottom 4 again next year so at least there will be a lot of ball in their defense.

SP Bramble has taken his spot. Sicily to play full forward.

Why would he only get a 10% discount? He's missed 18 months. Surely he gets the full 30% discount?

Why would he only get a 10% discount? He's missed 18 months. Surely he gets the full 30% discount?
Why does he get 30%?

Titch missed a whole season and got 10%

Sicily with a 30% discount will be $400k and in every team. No way the SC nerds let that happen. He'll be priced high enough that not everyone picks him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does he get 30%?

Titch missed a whole season and got 10%

Sicily with a 30% discount will be $400k and in every team. No way the SC nerds let that happen. He'll be priced high enough that not everyone picks him.

Titch was the exception not the norm though as far as injury discounts to premo's go. He was #1 SC player/scorer (129 average) before he was injured. I'd be surprised if Sicily receives any less than 20%-25% after missing 1 & 1/2 seasons. I'm pretty sure Doch received a 30% discount after missing 2 seasons.

Titch was the exception not the norm though as far as injury discounts to premo's go. He was #1 SC player/scorer (129 average) before he was injured. I'd be surprised if Sicily receives any less than 20%-25% after missing 1 & 1/2 seasons. I'm pretty sure Doch received a 30% discount after missing 2 seasons.
I guess we'll see. I hope he's not too cheap as then he will be in every team and he's irrelevant really.

Yeah Doc only got 30% after two seasons out.

I think they just pull these things out of their arse a bit. It should be a consistent formula, but this is SC.

I guess we'll see. I hope he's not too cheap as then he will be in every team and he's irrelevant really.

Yeah Doc only got 30% after two seasons out.

I think they just pull these things out of their arse a bit. It should be a consistent formula, but this is SC.

30% is the maximum discount they give anyone and a lot of people still didn't start with Doch despite the full discount because 2 years is a long time. By the time Rd1 comes along it will have been 20 months since Sicily did his injury so not much difference in downtime. Hopefully many won't take the risk after such a long lay off even if he does start at low 400k.

30% is the maximum discount they give anyone and a lot of people still didn't start with Doch despite the full discount because 2 years is a long time. By the time Rd1 comes along it will have been 20 months since Sicily did his injury so not much difference in downtime. Hopefully many won't take the risk after such a long lay off even if he does start at low 400k.

Sicily & Milera in the backline to start the year what could go wrong.....

why not both.gif

I heard him on Triple M a few weeks ago, sounded like he could play now, but they are holding him back until next year. He didn't sound very happy about it. But the tank is on I guess.

If he's low $400k's he'll be in 60% of teams round 1.

Isn't it 20% if they miss the whole season?

But yeah, like with Titch they just pick and choose who gets what discount, and don't go by the precedent that they've set.
Surely Sicily isn't a big enough no brainer pick that they don't give him a proper discount tho.
A lot has changed in the Hawks backline since he went down.

Isn't it 20% if they miss the whole season?

But yeah, like with Titch they just pick and choose who gets what discount, and don't go by the precedent that they've set.
Surely Sicily isn't a big enough no brainer pick that they don't give him a proper discount tho.
A lot has changed in the Hawks backline since he went down.
Schrimshaw 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back