Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty has overdone trimming down. He looks like a cancer survivor. 100% would not own in 2022

The "Trimming Down" wasn't by choice he was on a strict Fruit diet because of the kidney injury he sustained. Don't under estimate the extent of his injury just to come back playing Top level footy next year will be massive most of us would still be taking it easy recovering.

The "Trimming Down" wasn't by choice he was on a strict Fruit diet because of the kidney injury he sustained. Don't under estimate the extent of his injury just to come back playing Top level footy next year will be massive most of us would still be taking it easy recovering.

Fair enough, not having a crack at him and much credit to him for being out there and training, but from an SC perspective it's surely a no-go

Rayner looking super fit definitely a cheap forward option will definitely get midfielder time this season
Should be about $275k if (and it's a big if) he gets the full 30% discount. Might be worth the risk.

I'll probably go for Coleman @ $250k, don't want too many from the same team.

Should be about $275k if (and it's a big if) he gets the full 30% discount. Might be worth the risk.

I'll probably go for Coleman @ $250k, don't want too many from the same team.
I had 3 Lions in my starting forwards last season with Zorko and Bailey staying as keepers and Daniher

I had 3 Lions in my starting forwards last season with Zorko and Bailey staying as keepers and Daniher
Do you think Rayner will get enough mid time to be worth picking? The lions midfield seems pretty settled with some big SC scorers already there. Will he be risked coming off an ACL?

I'm already thinking Neale and Coleman from Brisbane, don't like having too many from each side. Try to minimise the risk.

What about Berry, he should be around $250k going off last years averages (although I doubt he gets priced at that). Can he bounce back?

Do you think Rayner will get enough mid time to be worth picking? The lions midfield seems pretty settled with some big SC scorers already there. Will he be risked coming off an ACL?

I'm already thinking Neale and Coleman from Brisbane, don't like having too many from each side. Try to minimise the risk.

What about Berry, he should be around $250k going off last years averages (although I doubt he gets priced at that). Can he bounce back?
He’s definitely on my watchlist Fagan mentioned Rayner as a likely midfielder with Bailey to add some more speed to our midfield seems likely Zorko will play more forward this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any thoughts on Caleb Serong? Cerra gone, Fyfe?

Noah Anderson also seems to be developing well.

Are both ready for a 90+ avg next year?

Also keeping in mind Schoenberg from the Crows but his overall averages don't look too appealing at this stage. Is he still another 12 months away?

Simpkin looks ready to go 100+ but higher price tag. What happens with Tarryn Thomas now with Greenwood and JHF in the team? Maybe he rotates with JHF?

TT will wax with JHF between half forward and midfield and it will be ******* beautiful.

Both to kick 30+ goals next year.

TT will wax with JHF between half forward and midfield and it will be ******* beautiful.

That would almost make up for the Premiership Goalkicker you delisted last year :moustache:

Anyone see Zach Reid getting a run this year? Cheap bench option maybe?
Wait and see how he goes in preseason as to whether or not he’s a round 1 start, but he’ll get games.

He did play 1 game last year though if that ruins him…

30/70 M/F split for Horne according to Noble as well as managed TOG. 65-70 (being generous with that) rookie season average incoming. 207k opening price still ok value.

hmm.jpeg

If Lip is in that starting mid rotation he’ll score plenty of points. 95+, opportunity was always his problem at the dogs.

Agree with this.

I think we all expect him to start first drop, behind Pendles, Adams and De Googs* - so plenty of mid time for him. May swap high fwd with JDG? I’ll be taking him if the price is right, sounds like he’s been training strongly as well.

Hopefully his arrival means we never see players like Cal Brown and old man Sidearse in the guts again.

The big factor is no more bucks - could (should!!) be a huge shift in opportunities / game plan - it will be interesting to see who of the following are heavily involved in the rotations: Crisp, Billy, Macrae, Daicos the Elder, Daicos the Younger, Maynard (?), Quaynor (?) and the rest (McInnes, Brown Jnr, first years)

*subject to various pending criminal investigations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back