Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunkley is surely a lock to be dpp. Hardly touched the middle when he came back from injury.

Lachie Hunter is another I’d expect to get it.

Who losers points?

Hunter and Dunkley struggle go big when both up and firing.

Libba drop off?
Macrae scores won't stop
Bont?

How much of a Premiership hangover will MELB players exhibit this year ? .....If they slipped by 10% given what they'll cost, are they a wait & see (upgrade option) ?

Sam Walsh has apparently put on 5kgs :padlock:

More interested in Cripps

Last edited:
I love Olli-pig but if any team is going to have a post-premiership hangover it's Melbourne.

And if any player is going to start drinking his own bath water after a premiership it's Piggy.

Reckons he's a trade in this year.

I think Trac is the one who could drop off.

Oliver 24 the way he plays only thing I feel stops him is injuries.

122 & 123 ave last 2 years, might be one to wait and watch for the first 2 rounds.

I feel like we have 4 mid locks and the rest hope for the best with no cash left.

Macrae - elite won't stop.
Steele - elite only knock was slow start.
Miller - elite no one can go with him.
Oliver - elite I can see him getting better.

Easily put these in that list

Walsh - Cerra make any difference?
Mitchell - SM change anything go younger?
Bont - No real knock think he is overs 120 ave?
Trac - No real knock any premiership hangover?
Lyons - I can't have him at the price.
Merrett - Gun better options 115 ave?
Parish - I would want to see him do it again.
Guthrie - Done it 2 years running, price?
Wines - I can't see him going at better.

Great price options

Neale - Fully fit will be a bargain.
Adams - Fit? 2020 scoring? I just don't know.
Danger - Have to get him at the price.
Shuey - Fit? Getting on, midfield minutes?
IMO only Neale is a bargain there. You'd need a head full of rocks to start Adams or Shuey, and Danger is hard to pick ahead of Marshall and Dunkley for me.

My knock on Touk is he's priced at his maximum and has only had one big year, feel those other 3 are probably safer bets at the price.

122 & 123 ave last 2 years, might be one to wait and watch for the first 2 rounds.
nah won't happen.

dynasty incoming.

Who losers points?

Hunter and Dunkley struggle go big when both up and firing.

Libba drop off?
Macrae scores won't stop
Bont?
Dunkley struggles to go big??

Before he got injured this year he went 113, 132, 132, 117, 148, 132. 6 games @ 129.

In 2019 (his last non injured season) he posted scores of 134, 136, 130, 173, 202, 127, 153, 169).

He’s at SuperCoach A+++ level when he’s fit. The issue is when he gets injured they ease him back into the team either up forward or tagging.

We'll see, but if Trac drops off Melbourne are back in the pack. He makes the difference for them imo.

Piggy is a gun, had him the last 4 years, just wary of the Dee's starting slow. They had a dream run this year, might not happen again.

Oliver a lock for a top 8 mid, so you want him at some point, can't start all the guns though.

I think Oliver is a much safer pick over Petracca. That dude could find a footy in his sleep.

In saying that I reckon I’ll stay away from most Melb players. After a big off season on the beers I reckon you’ll be able to pick them up cheaper as the season goes on.

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up but I usually try and avoid players from the premiers unless they’re absolute locks. A month and a preseason full of piss behind everyone else.

I'm sorry but i have no idea where people are getting this "Melbourne are gonna fall off" idea. It's bullshit.

We had only 7 players in our premiership team over 26.

ONLY 7!

We also had 7 premiership players under 22.

A fall off is near impossible based only off of age and list demographic.
You're just making s**t up and hoping we fail, it's not like the Dogs in 2016 when a hangover was plausible due to how young their list was and how miraculous their win was.

Melbourne were the best team all last year and expecting us to fall off again is a lazy assumption based off of Melbourne throughout the 21st century, except none of those sides won a flag nor had anywhere near as much talent.

Our new fitness bloke Selwyn Griffiths is even harder than Burgess and they've even had to hold people back

so stfu, i'm starting Tracc, Oliver and Jackson 100%
idfc

I'm sorry but i have no idea where people are getting this "Melbourne are gonna fall off" idea. It's bullshit.

We had only 7 players in our premiership team over 26.

ONLY 7!

We also had 7 premiership players under 22.

A fall off is near impossible based only off of age and list demographic.
You're just making sh*t up and hoping we fail, it's not like the Dogs in 2016 when a hangover was plausible due to how young their list was and how miraculous their win was.

Melbourne were the best team all last year and expecting us to fall off again is a lazy assumption based off of Melbourne throughout the 21st century, except none of those sides won a flag nor had anywhere near as much talent.

Our new fitness bloke Selwyn Griffiths is even harder than Burgess and they've even had to hold people back

so stfu, i'm starting Tracc, Oliver and Jackson 100%
idfc

I can still remember Luke Dahlhaus before round one in 2017 saying that all the boys were as fit as they’ve ever been. Come the praccy games half the team looked like they had only eaten disco bics and the other half looked like they hadn’t worn a pair of runners since October.

It's just lazy, sc is based off using stats and data to make predictions. Not just bullshit statements dragged out of thin air. That just pisses me off

It's just lazy, sc is based off using stats and data to make predictions. Not just bullshit statements dragged out of thin air. That just pisses me off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, you basically said Melbourne are too young to drop off unlike the Dog's who dropped cause they were young.

It's not lazy, Melbourne shat the bed in 2019 after making a prelim. There's precedent! (#lawyered )

I hope they don't, I like the Dee's, but teams rise and fall bloody fast in AFL.

You're right, so let's have a look at the stats for teams the year after winning a Premiership.

I'd say the key point to look at would be this one: "On average a premiership team will have a percentage 13% lower the following season and win 4 less games compared to their flag winning year."

Mate, you basically said Melbourne are too young to drop off unlike the Dog's who dropped cause they were young.

It's not lazy, Melbourne shat the bed in 2019 after making a prelim. There's precedent! (#lawyered )

I hope they don't, I like the Dee's, but teams rise and fall bloody fast in AFL.
well then say that!

don't just say "x is gonna fall off" without providing y. idc that people think that but dont just base it off nothing.

Looks like the season is going to start on the Wednesday with Dees vs Doggies. Going to have to lock in 20-30% of our squads in really early.

Wednesday? That's ******* gross.

Dunkley struggles to go big??

Before he got injured this year he went 113, 132, 132, 117, 148, 132. 6 games @ 129.

In 2019 (his last non injured season) he posted scores of 134, 136, 130, 173, 202, 127, 153, 169).

He’s at SuperCoach A+++ level when he’s fit. The issue is when he gets injured they ease him back into the team either up forward or tagging.

I meant both struggle go big when they are both up and about.

Treloar when dominating Hunter suffered.
Libba when dominating Dunks suffered.

Dual position which is likely at that price he has to be the 1st or 2nd picked as a Fwd.

I don't trust the body though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back