Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some noise that Carlton are interested. I'd take him and probably pick him if he ended up here - better player than Matt Kennedy or Setterfield, Ed Curnow needs to be phased out as much as he's been a fantastic servant and unless we want Walsh's body to end up the way of Cripps we should get another extractor in there. We have no midfield depth - even if Crippa returns to full fitness

Some noise that Carlton are interested. I'd take him and probably pick him if he ended up here - better player than Matt Kennedy or Setterfield, Ed Curnow needs to be phased out as much as he's been a fantastic servant and unless we want Walsh's body to end up the way of Cripps we should get another extractor in there. We have no midfield depth - even if Crippa returns to full fitness
221897115_864685444484851_6867498395722196047_n.jpg

I can get behind that kind of minimal effort text editing :hearteyes: It's all hearsay - he's almost certainly out of Geelong and it's going to be to teams with ordinary midfield depth. Think he would suit the Tiges too given Cotchin is cooked, Prestia can't get on the park for more than 5 minutes and Dusty doesn't give a * unless its September. Ross doesn't look like he'll make it and Bolton (if he stays) is no inside midfielder

You do have SP Aldi Dusty though :moustache:

I can get behind that kind of minimal effort text editing :hearteyes: It's all hearsay - he's almost certainly out of Geelong and it's going to be to teams with ordinary midfield depth. Think he would suit the Tiges too given Cotchin is cooked, Prestia can't get on the park for more than 5 minutes and Dusty doesn't give a fu** unless its September. Ross doesn't look like he'll make it and Bolton (if he stays) is no inside midfielder

You do have SP Aldi Dusty though :moustache:
Personally I can't see RCD and Constable in the same RICH midfield ? ......maybe just me though

Personally I can't see RCD and Constable in the same RICH midfield ? ......maybe just me though

Yes I tend to agree and I think Geelong will want too much for him anyway. Knowing them they will want 3 x 1st picks for him. I think Cerra will be the one we are most going after.

Both quite similar, I agree. May be a manner of hedging their bets on one of them making it but I'd probably prefer RCD

Yes I tend to agree and I think Geelong will want too much for him anyway. Knowing them they will want 3 x 1st picks for him. I think Cerra will be the one we are most going after.
Constable's out of Contract .....GEEL up the top of the table ....will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Constable

Both quite similar, I agree. May be a manner of hedging their bets on one of them making it but I'd probably prefer RCD
RCD will be a very good player, just needs to build a tank .....Ralphsmith is another impressive Rookie, should get more chances in 2022

Still have no idea how he made the AA squad when he was at Port.

It was always heart in mouth stuff when he had the ball.
He was bloody good that season, 2016. I started him that year at ~$400k and we went on to play 22/22 and average 92.

Constable's out of Contract .....GEEL up the top of the table ....will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Constable

Some team will pay overs for him that need a player like that. The Tigers do have some very good young midfielders who just need the opportunity. In my opinion Tom Dow is the best of the lot and I'm surprised he hasn't had more games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read an article last week that was saying there will be very little trade movement this year due to most clubs having no $ to hand out.
Most clubs deferred payments from the last couple of years into next year.
So no cap to spend.
The article was saying clubs like Brisbane are in trouble because there list is so good.
They are struggling to find 3 to delist for draft picks. Due to changes in total list numbers.
We could get some decent players move for more opportunity's.

I read an article last week that was saying there will be very little trade movement this year due to most clubs having no $ to hand out.
Most clubs deferred payments from the last couple of years into next year.
So no cap to spend.
The article was saying clubs like Brisbane are in trouble because there list is so good.
They are struggling to find 3 to delist for draft picks. Due to changes in total list numbers.
We could get some decent players move for more opportunity's.

Yes there probably won't be any million dollar contracts handed out this year. Just like Cerra I have read he wants $750k a year in this period of time I think he will be offered closer to $600k

Going to try make a pretty youthful side next year. No data to back it up but older players (27+) seem to be copping more injuries this year than previous years and I wonder if new rule changes are making it tougher on the body.

Younger players I'll look to starting: Darcy, Parish, Oliver, Walsh, Butters, Dawson (if def)

Going to try make a pretty youthful side next year. No data to back it up but older players (27+) seem to be copping more injuries this year than previous years and I wonder if new rule changes are making it tougher on the body.

Younger players I'll look to starting: Darcy, Parish, Oliver, Walsh, Butters, Dawson (if def)

I know for sure 1 player who I will be picking and that's Rory Laird he will almost definately be Mid only but he is a seriously good midfielder and I don't think many will pick him next year so he will be a nice POD.

Yes there probably won't be any million dollar contracts handed out this year. Just like Cerra I have read he wants $750k a year in this period of time I think he will be offered closer to $600k
Might be just me but I have no idea what Adam Cerra has done to make him worth 750k per year. 4th banana in that midfield when they’re all fit (Mundy is old but still a better player at this stage, Fyfe goes without saying, and I think Brayshaw has better exposed form as a mid) and tbh you’re splitting hairs between him and Serong. Good young player but 750k is absurd IMO (and yes I’m aware my club is one that may be offering that but we don’t count)

Might be just me but I have no idea what Adam Cerra has done to make him worth 750k per year. 4th banana in that midfield when they’re all fit (Mundy is old but still a better player at this stage, Fyfe goes without saying, and I think Brayshaw has better exposed form as a mid) and tbh you’re splitting hairs between him and Serong. Good young player but 750k is absurd IMO (and yes I’m aware my club is one that may be offering that but we don’t count)
that would prob make walsh your 4th paid midfielder , how absurds that

that would prob make walsh your 4th paid midfielder , how absurds that
Will be the highest paid player on the list when he renegotiates next year. OOC end of 2022

But I agree that the CFC have absolutely thrown stupid money at players who don’t warrant it previously - McGovern and Williams prime examples

why not both.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back