Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022-Banner-Fixture-Byes.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends who takes him.
If he ended up at your mob he probably would not play all year.
At North though he would play round 1.
Yeah, I hope we take some keys this draft, Brown, Tmac, May are all 29-30 and tmac is just about cooked anyway.

Also, I reckon we'll have a good rookie, Bailey Laurie, didn't play this year because of injuries and covid but he'll be a really good player, he should get a good crack at it next year.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, I hope we take some keys this draft, Brown, Tmac, May are all 29-30 and tmac is just about cooked anyway.

Also, I reckon we'll have a good rookie, Bailey Laurie, didn't play this year because of injuries and covid but he'll be a really good player, he should get a good crack at it next year.
With the current smaller list sizes rookies should be getting more of a go everywhere.
North twice named injured players as emergency's last year because we had so many out.
16 out means the coach has 26 to choose from + cat B rookies.
A bad run like that for any club means literally everyone gets a shot.
Even 10 out gives a decent rookie a good shot at games in the AFL.
Most clubs get close to that at some point every year.
Rookies will be everywhere this year I reckon.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
A bloke on the North board does his rankings in tiers
These players whould be in the window as discounted rookies.
It all comes down to which club they end up at. If there is a spot in the best 22.
View attachment 1266219
Opportunity and role. Key position rookies are usually s**t-house. Junior gull's and stat-padding piglets are what we need at the crap teams so they get games.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Opportunity and role. Key position rookies are usually sh*t-house. Junior gull's and stat-padding piglets are what we need at the crap teams so they get games.
Top ten picks are way to expensive as it is
Ideally the top 10 are talls for SC.
A Victorian rookie would need to be very good for me to take them i reckon
They have all played like 10 games over the last 2 years.

Opportunity and role. Key position rookies are usually sh*t-house. Junior gull's and stat-padding piglets are what we need at the crap teams so they get games.
Spot on. To my everlasting shame I chose LEdwards over Bramble, who is looking in the mould of Lloyd/Daniel. Plus playing for Hawks ticked the team criteria.

Titch is my only lock from the Hawks at this early stage. Too many backs!

I've never had Wingard before. Can I trust him to turn out hundreds every week a/la Hall/Ziebell?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Jiska is going to ban you long before the start of the season, so I wouldn't worry.
To be honest, the only reason he's lasted this long is because it's the off-season and no-one gives a *.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Spot on. To my everlasting shame I chose LEdwards over Bramble, who is looking in the mould of Lloyd/Daniel. Plus playing for Hawks ticked the team criteria.

Titch is my only lock from the Hawks at this early stage. Too many backs!

I've never had Wingard before. Can I trust him to turn out hundreds every week a/la Hall/Ziebell?
Trust me, don't pick Wingard. You will regret it.

Sicily could be a good shout from the hawks, depends on how cheap he is and how sure you are he won't get moved forward.

Surely they'll play a few rookies too now that Clarko is gone?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He has legs like a bin chicken.
Quick, but I doubt he gets games early due to size.
They said the same about Charlie Cameron, who was rookied .....but you could see at U18 level he would make the grade

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Trust me, don't pick Wingard. You will regret it.

Sicily could be a good shout from the hawks, depends on how cheap he is and how sure you are he won't get moved forward.

Surely they'll play a few rookies too now that Clarko is gone?
Players with Sicily type injuries normally are 12-18 months after their return B4 they get back to pre injury form ......and particularly those that rely on jumping for marks ......that's a no from me

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Players with Sicily type injuries normally are 12-18 months after their return B4 they get back to pre injury form ......and particularly those that rely on jumping for marks ......that's a no from me
Yeah I hear you, not many come back after a year out at their best. Probably an unnecessary risk to start him. Hawks have a lot of options at the back too.

He did do his knee in August 2020 though, so it will be over 18 months when the season starts.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah I hear you, not many come back after a year out at their best. Probably an unnecessary risk to start him. Hawks have a lot of options at the back too.

He did do his knee in August 2020 though, so it will be over 18 months when the season starts.
Depends also on whether the knee was to his jumping leg .....but I'm expecting Scrimshaw to go to another level, and Day's back as well ......and we stil don't know the sort of gameplan changes Mitchell will make

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think the risk is to large taking Sicily.
I think I would prefer another Seagull/Stewart/Danial/Hall type who will average more.
Defender premos look awesome this year. I'm taking my risks elsewhere I reckon.

We have Hartigan/Frost as KPD's, plus Hardwick who is assigned to the most dangerous small forward. Also who DGB may be a long term KPD.

So for 4 remaining positions, 3 onfield and 1 bench, there will be some mixture of Sicily, Scrimshaw, Impey, CJ, Day and Bramble. Scrimshaw improved a lot this season as D3 and Impey (remember him) and CJ were also SC relevant this year. Day is seen as the great white hope and Bramble was very good off HB, averaging 18 possessions, 428m gain plus good DE over his 9 matches. 13 kicks @100% against Doggies round 22. Fairly sure all of them were forward.

Wait and see for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back