Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pies getting smashed hard.
It sucks to see SC royalty go down.
I'm interested in how the new Coach uses Grundy .....Buckley's gameplan seemed to involve Grundy heavily in general field play .....the interim coach appeared not to use Grundy as much, as a marking target, for other players to stream past for the receive

COLL posters would have a better idea

I'm interested in how the new Coach uses Grundy .....Buckley's gameplan seemed to involve Grundy heavily in general field play .....the interim coach appeared not to use Grundy as much for other players to stream past for the receive

COLL posters would have a better idea
I think he rucks 90% of the game.
There midfield has taken hit after hit this offseason.
I don't think they can afford to put Grundy anywhere else.

I think he rucks 90% of the game.
There midfield has taken hit after hit this offseason.
I don't think they can afford to put Grundy anywhere else.
I wasn't referring to Grundy being used in a different role .....moreso whether the coach plays thru Grundy as a marking target ....i'm sure he'll ruck 100%

For example ...at the Crows, they don't involve ROB in chains coming out of DEF .....pretty obvious why (poor disposal / slow reactions)
I just didn't see Grundy involved in chains of play under Harvey ...to the same degree as under Buckley

I wasn't referring to Grundy being used in a different role .....moreso whether the coach plays thru Grundy as a marking target ....i'm sure he'll ruck 100%

For example ...at the Crows, they don't involve ROB in chains coming out of DEF .....pretty obvious why (poor disposal / slow reactions)
I just didn't see Grundy involved in chains of play under Harvey ...to the same degree as under Buckley
What is the other option?
Cameron, Mihocek, Cox?
You would think Grundy would be a better option than all those.
The pies are not exactly flush with tall marking options.

What is the other option?
Cameron, Mihocek, Cox?
You would think Grundy would be a better option than all those.
The pies are not exactly flush with tall marking options.
Well Harvey looked to have waves of players streaming out of def .....rather than a predictable kick to Grundy and then run and receive

you're correct re marking players .....but so are the Crows in the midfield .....our marking players are wingmen / flankers , which makes for an interesting team structure .....with mids being recruited smaller & quicker

Well Harvey looked to have waves of players streaming out of def .....rather than a predictable kick to Grundy and then run and receive

you're correct re marking players .....but so are the Crows in the midfield .....our marking players are wingmen / flankers , which makes for an interesting team structure .....with mids being recruited smaller & quicker
This is a good point. Grundy's ability to play like another mid was what made him SP. He's not a dominant tap ruckman. I wonder if his injury led to the lack of involvement? Big watch in PS as if he's back to his best he's underpriced.

This is a good point. Grundy's ability to play like another mid was what made him SP. He's not a dominant tap ruckman. I wonder if his injury led to the lack of involvement? Big watch in PS as if he's back to his best he's underpriced.

Unlike Gawn Grundy undies going to ruck 90 % of the game.
Just depends if hes going to be able to play as a extra mid ...racking up numbers and SC points.

Yeah very good, they said that if the Hawks were in finals contention he would've played the last part of the season.

He's 100% ready to go. Think he'll be around $420k ish, others would know.

Right on cue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My two cents on grundy

while he’s on 1 million a year as the franchise player the pies aren’t playing him like Rob in chains around the ground.

Grundy will be integral for them again and average 120+ comfortably imo
He will have times he looks lazy but I can still see him having 20+ Touches regularly. He’s in that leadership bracket at collingwood now and they need him to be elite

Happy if people by pass him in 2022
I certainly won’t be

Last edited:
1638795342389.png
Adelaide senior coach Matthew Nicks provided an update on Matt Crouch today, he was interviewed on SEN SA.
“Matt is going really well, this morning was one of the best sessions he’s done.”

“We’re fingers crossed that this one (surgery) has given him I guess the strength through his groins, hips & core, that he can get the confidence back.” Nicks said.

Adelaide do not have a want to push Crouch through his rehabilitation, they’ll proceed cautiously over pre-season with a longer term view.

“Matt is expected return to train & be nearly back to full training, he’s definitely pre-Round 1, but we’ve got a little bit up our sleeve.. so that we don’t need to push & force that.”

“He’s out on the track today doing some more rehabilitation work, but moving really well” Nicks Added.

Crouch averaged 26.1 Disposals, 2.8 Marks & 4.6 Tackles from 16 games in 2020 (16 Min Qtrs).

1638795608266.png Red Flag.gif

It’s a really tough one for Junior because he’s had 2 years out of footy, it’s one where we aren’t taking any risks & he’s not taking any risks”

“To his credit he’s hanging in there, he’s working hard & now he’s back into drills.”

“No contact at this point, but he’ll start getting a lot more footy & change of direction into his game.”

View attachment 1293352 View attachment 1293353

It’s a really tough one for Junior because he’s had 2 years out of footy, it’s one where we aren’t taking any risks & he’s not taking any risks”

“To his credit he’s hanging in there, he’s working hard & now he’s back into drills.”

“No contact at this point, but he’ll start getting a lot more footy & change of direction into his game.”

He is the biggest :padlock: of all time until he breaks down in the 3rd quarter first game back

My two cents on grundy

while he’s on 1 million a year as the franchise player the pies aren’t playing him like Rob in chains around the ground.

Grundy will bring integral for them again and average 120+ comfortably imo
He will have times he looks lazy but I can still see him having 20+ Touches regularly. He’s in that leadership bracket at collingwood now and they need him to be elite

Happy if people by pass him in 2022
I certainly won’t be
Nahhh. Never seen a more obvious case of Travis Cloke Syndrome.
He's got his contract.

Prefer Cameron Cloke myself.

He really enjoyed kick ons. Especially with his teammates. As he was on the floor.

Setanta o'hailpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back