Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jade Gresham got injured round 3.
Rounds 1 and 2, he got 28 and 29 disposals and attended =2nd most CBA's amongst saints midfielders.
Mid/fwd probably priced at $290,000
Is he a chance to play mostly midfield next year?

Rounds 1 and 2, he got 28 and 29 disposals and attended =2nd most CBA's amongst saints midfielders.
Zilch

They'll play that spud Jones more mid than him..Imo.

Hunter Clark anyone? Priced at a 74 avg which included 2 injury impacted games. Looks great value! :tongueoutv1:

He'll definitely be a POD :moustache:

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you mean Hunter Pissantcantwinacontestandactivelytriestohidefromthefooty

Wouldn't have that headband little flog in my team again even if he was #1 defender after 3 rounds and had just punched out B2B2B 130+ scores.
I got fooled by Nick Rewoldt saying Hunter-Clark was the next SuperStar ......fool me once !

I'll prob have a few players I never had before.

There is some bargains esp up forward .

Will be interesting up front this season.
The forward line is going to be make or break imo, can't see many obvious premo's there.

Dunkley probably the best scorer, but two big injuries in the last two seasons he feels risky.
Duncan, Sidebum getting older, injuries
Treloar can't be trusted
Taranto is a butcher, but might be the best option. Contract year too.
English went 100+ in 2020, again might be a goer due to no Marshall.
De Goey who knows what will happen, could be playing for his AFL career if he plays at all this season.

I try to pick premo's that have a history of not missing games, but none of the above fit that criteria.

Might go something like Taranto, English, TT, Coleman, Brodie, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie.

Butters and Rozee are tempting too though.

The forward line is going to be make or break imo, can't see many obvious premo's there.

Dunkley probably the best scorer, but two big injuries in the last two seasons he feels risky.
Duncan, Sidebum getting older, injuries
Treloar can't be trusted
Taranto is a butcher, but might be the best option. Contract year too.
English went 100+ in 2020, again might be a goer due to no Marshall.
De Goey who knows what will happen, could be playing for his AFL career if he plays at all this season.

I try to pick premo's that have a history of not missing games, but none of the above fit that criteria.

Might go something like Taranto, English, TT, Coleman, Brodie, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie.

Butters and Rozee are tempting too though.

I had FIGJAM DeGoey just year 100 plus playing mids .
Interesting what happens there.

Dunks b2b 11 games but gun if plays in mids .

Heens Horse 🐴 saying more mid time ....yep we heard thst before, they can't leave him forward forever.

Lots of them have inj worries .

Taranto is a no brainer IMO. Contract year and likely to get some massive offers in Victoria - usually leads to a bit of a lift. See Cerra this year.

Bit of an annoying price, but on balance of probabilities I'd say he's going to improve and have a career season. What puts me off is he's never averaged over 102, and realistically you want him to at least be hitting 105+

JDG should score well if he's played permanently as a mid. Still not even super fit and dominated when he got chucked in their mid-way through last season.

But yeh I'm inclined to load up on fwd rooks and invest big in defence. Set and forget on Darcy and Grundy as the rucks.

I'd assume so. He's played mainly as a mid since the back half of 2018 and adds something our midfield generally lacks.

Taranto is a no brainer IMO. Contract year and likely to get some massive offers in Victoria - usually leads to a bit of a lift. See Cerra this year.

Bit of an annoying price, but on balance of probabilities I'd say he's going to improve and have a career season. What puts me off is he's never averaged over 102, and realistically you want him to at least be hitting 105+

JDG should score well if he's played permanently as a mid. Still not even super fit and dominated when he got chucked in their mid-way through last season.

But yeh I'm inclined to load up on fwd rooks and invest big in defence. Set and forget on Darcy and Grundy as the rucks.

TT likey price ?

Would say 500k odd, I don't know how to calculate exact figures but he averaged 97 last last year.

About $525k and a big fat NO from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back