Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie burnt me big time last year. I just can't bring myself to go there again.
Yeah, I'm not actually picking him. Legend has it he finished last in every 3km he ran at the Suns. (And that includes supposedly taking 30 seconds off his PB last year)

Assuming already posted somewhere, but am coming from a fair eway back, just seeing who retained / got DPP status and who took it awy, and the first few prices.

DEF
Jack Ziebell - NM $585,800
Aaron Hall - NM $572,900

MID
Callum Mills - SYD $612,100
Patrick Dangerfield - GEE $567,800
Lachie Neale - BRI $543,200
Patrick Cripps - CAR $454,800
Nat Fyfe - FRE $456,500

RUC
Brodie Grundy - COL $627,100
Braydon Preuss - GWS $204,700

FWD
Jarrod Berry - BRI $268,500
Stephen Coniglio - GWS $261,300 (MID/FWD)
Charlie Curnow - CAR $224,300

Looking at it, Cogs seems very hard to pass up, even given his durability issues. Preuss would offer a heap of flexibility, but he's just got that injury curse.
Neale apparently flying, guess you'd have to slot him in.

So if Preuss plays Round 1 how many would start him? He will be too much to start on the bench as R3 so you would need to play him on the ground but he could derail your season from the start or be the Cash cow of 2022 and set up the rest of the year.

So if Preuss plays Round 1 how many would start him? He will be too much to start on the bench as R3 so you would need to play him on the ground but he could derail your season from the start or be the Cash cow of 2022 and set up the rest of the year.
I'll put him R3. With Darcy, Omac and Preuss, you're still spending just as much as set and forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put him R3. With Darcy, Omac and Preuss, you're still spending just as much as set and forget.

What if Preuss is scoring more than Oscar? Then do you burn a trade getting rid of Omac and another to upgrade elsewhere?

What if Preuss is scoring more than Oscar? Then do you burn a trade getting rid of Omac and another to upgrade elsewhere?
i * darcy off and move Jackson in the ruck and loop them like an alpha

No Chance Sad.gif

How do you loop in the rucks?
i get an R/F 102ker, with Jackson R/F starting in the Rucks. Say Preuss plays first and scores 90, i want that, so i move my loop with Jackson and then we're good. would only work in certain situations but it's effectively giving me both a loop in the rucks and forward line.

I can see a world of pain with that backline :thumbsu:
Defensive rookies have been terrible for years. I'm working on going at least 4 deep in defensive and sacrificing a SP mid. If there turns out to be some good rookie defenders I'll adjust.

At this stage thinking 4 of The Gull, Hall, Whitfield, Short, Helmet, Sicily and Hewett. Hewett very much a watch in preseason.

Loving that D/M action this year.

i get an R/F 102ker, with Jackson R/F starting in the Rucks. Say Preuss plays first and scores 90, i want that, so i move my loop with Jackson and then we're good. would only work in certain situations but it's effectively giving me both a loop in the rucks and forward line.
You should definitely start Jackson and loop like that. It's a great plan.

Hayes from Port a good chance to get games this year, a playing rookie priced R3 is gold. Can't miss that.

Might spoil the plan, but still start Jackson :moustache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back