Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022-Banner-Fixture-Byes.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You should definitely start Jackson and loop like that. It's a great plan.

Hayes from Port a good chance to get games this year, a playing rookie priced R3 is gold. Can't miss that.

Might spoil the plan, but still start Jackson :moustache:
yeah i love the R/F DPP so much, i think it's incredibly useful. You can loop across two lines easier than anyone with mid/dpp as there's less players on the bench and it's also perfect for cover for say a Darcy who is injury prone but i can then field any rookie as cover really.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
yeah i love the R/F DPP so much, i think it's incredibly useful. You can loop across two lines easier than anyone with mid/dpp as there's less players on the bench and it's also perfect for cover for say a Darcy who is injury prone but i can then field any rookie as cover really.
I know you want to have Jackson' babies, but I'm not sure he'll be worth it this year. If Gawn goes down then absolutely, but playing mainly forward not so much. I expect Melbourne to come back to the pack next year, everything went their way in 2021, not likely to happen again.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Defensive rookies have been terrible for years. I'm working on going at least 4 deep in defensive and sacrificing a SP mid. If there turns out to be some good rookie defenders I'll adjust.

At this stage thinking 4 of The Gull, Hall, Whitfield, Short, Helmet, Sicily and Hewett. Hewett very much a watch in preseason.

Loving that D/M action this year.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Defensive rookies have been terrible for years. I'm working on going at least 4 deep in defensive and sacrificing a SP mid. If there turns out to be some good rookie defenders I'll adjust.

At this stage thinking 4 of The Gull, Hall, Whitfield, Short, Helmet, Sicily and Hewett. Hewett very much a watch in preseason.

Loving that D/M action this year.

Who was our last quality Defensive rookie? Finlayson?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Who was our last quality Defensive rookie? Finlayson?
Yeah maybe, hard to remember any bottom priced ones that got to $300k+ quickly.

I think there was another one the same year as Finlayson, but I can't remember the name. There were 3 that year that were OK, the other was that kent from Collingwood that got done for drugs, Murphy?

Yeah maybe, hard to remember any bottom priced ones that got to $300k+ quickly.

I think there was another one the same year as Finlayson, but I can't remember the name. There were 3 that year that were OK, the other was that kent from Collingwood that got done for drugs, Murphy?

Mihocek was a good one about 3 years ago.

I'm seeing Fyfe for 450k ...
Am I seeing that right ..?

OMG..

Looks like it's an error by Al Patton, just got some of the numbers out of order.

Fyfe averaged 100.4 and played 15 games, so doesn't warrant a discount of any sort.

546k more likely, as he should only be a touch more expensive that Neale who averaged 99.8.

Looks like it's an error by Al Patton, just got some of the numbers out of order.

Fyfe averaged 100.4 and played 15 games, so doesn't warrant a discount of any sort.

546k more likely, as he should only be a touch more expensive that Neale who averaged 99.8.
According to herald sun he is $450k

I literally just explained that it was most likely an error on their behalf.

Probably more like a tease to suck people in and take the focus away from so many rookies who only played a handful of games last year and their price will be ridiculously high.

Look at him if 450k .

Could avg the same as dunks,Duncan etc for 100k less .

All have had inj worries .

Only thing diff Fyfe a mid only..

Assuming already posted somewhere, but am coming from a fair eway back, just seeing who retained / got DPP status and who took it awy, and the first few prices.

DEF
Jack Ziebell - NM $585,800
Aaron Hall - NM $572,900

MID
Callum Mills - SYD $612,100
Patrick Dangerfield - GEE $567,800
Lachie Neale - BRI $543,200
Patrick Cripps - CAR $454,800
Nat Fyfe - FRE $456,500

RUC
Brodie Grundy - COL $627,100
Braydon Preuss - GWS $204,700

FWD
Jarrod Berry - BRI $268,500
Stephen Coniglio - GWS $261,300 (MID/FWD)
Charlie Curnow - CAR $224,300

Looking at it, Cogs seems very hard to pass up, even given his durability issues. Preuss would offer a heap of flexibility, but he's just got that injury curse.
Neale apparently flying, guess you'd have to slot him in.

Have to take danger at that price i think and ditto neale both played large parts of the year injured which affected their scoring youd expect they are value if fit.

Cogs is more a worry because gws have so many mids and leon has a habit of shunting some into the forward line. Id want to see where he plays in the practice games.

If preuss looks like he will be their no1 ruck hes worth considering but flynn had a very good year pre injury and might take that spot. Youre not going to spenr 200k on a bench ruck so its only worth it if hes clearly their no1 ruck.

Did GWS rookie Sausage fingers Mumford .?

No. Hes their ruck coach. If they get a season ending injury to a ruck they might put that guy on inactive list and ask mummy to nominate for msd in june but very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back