Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, Sicily is on my watch list, BUT he'd have to have a flawless pre-season and score well in the pre-season matches before I started him.

I think Jeremy Howe is a good comparison. A high-flying defender who scored incredibly well in 2020. Averaged 120 before his season was cut short by a nasty knee injury. Just like James Sicily. After he came back from that injury the next year he averaged 78.

So I'd definitely put a big question mark on Sicily. And I think anyone expecting him to somehow exceed his personal best of 105 are going to be disappointed.

In all seriousness, Sicily is on my watch list, BUT he'd have to have a flawless pre-season and score well in the pre-season matches before I started him.

I think Jeremy Howe is a good comparison. A high-flying defender who scored incredibly well in 2020. Averaged 120 before his season was cut short by a nasty knee injury. Just like James Sicily. After he came back from that injury the next year he averaged 78.

So I'd definitely put a big question mark on Sicily. And I think anyone expecting him to somehow exceed his personal best of 105 are going to be disappointed.
Just managing the full 22 games would be an improvement.

Team picker for those with SC gold available "within days" according to the prices article.
Bring it on I'm ready.

2292ee4f0f7b208cf19464dc901c531b.gif

Different players .

Greenwood gets the hsrd ball ,loves tackle.

Bowes outside type , could play wing IMO.
Good boot on him.
As much as Jemma Jameson?

Not sure I want Crisp and Howe.

But it could work.

Apart from Grundy pies not have many premos .

Another point on the Sicily debate is he hasn't played under the new kick in rule. Surely hawthorn will use him for kick ins? With them likely being crap next year there are going to be a lot of easy points for a Kent who can run out of the square and roost it 60 metres.

Is there any early info on who has gained / lost DPP, have they thrown any names out yet?
Have a look at threadmarks in this thread ....I threadmarked the post which had 2022 key positions / DPP

Not that I'm expecting him to go 105+ after 18 months out of the game, but it's worth noting that Sicily's season average was 108.2 the week prior to his injury game in Rd11 2020. And that includes the 44 points he scored playing FF for a whole game. A 110+ season average was very much on the cards for Sicily in 2020 if not for Clarko going mental with the magnet board and the unfortunate injury. Sicily started that season priced at only 509k thanks to the 93 ave the previous year, however, by the time we got to Hawthorn's Rd10 bye his price had gone up nearly 100k to 603k. For those of us who downgraded him to Stewart at that price for the 160k cash grab he was a worthwhile speculative starting pick (sub 10% Rd1 ownership) despite the season ending injury. If he starts between 400-420k this year and gets through pre-season unscathed, then he's a lock for mine. I can see him getting to 500k+ well before the byes, so even if he doesn't get through the entire season or starts to tail off, he'll make money and be an easy sideways to a Top6 Def.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Kelly and Sam Skinner both 123k and D/F.

Handy.

I know a few were eying of Coleman from the Lions.

263k & D/F DPP.
Decent price, enough that it will scare a few off. Reckon he's a great option. Also, Dan Rioli is 336K. No way.

Decent price, enough that it will scare a few off. Reckon he's a great option. Also, Dan Rioli is 336K. No way.

Don't care for either personally.

I took Taranto last year as an M8 to start the season. 450kish he was a decent pick up.
But I regretted it the whole season.
Sitting in tragics 2 with a higher rank than Jiska pretty much the whole year.
Only to watch him inevitably catch me with 8SP's
I'm not cheaping out again.
In fairness, I warned everyone at the start of the season, but was very strongly told to * off because an M8 averaging 90-100 at 450k at year's end was a lock. Ironiclly, most traded out the bloke averaging 90-100 before the season ended :D

IMO, G&R in the midfield. You might take a 300k breakout risk, but you do so expecting to upgrade before the Bye's IMO.

I have never had an M8 with a 110 avg and I don't try to either I look for getting the players in form later in the season not so much at the start.
I almost made it :(

1639617926942.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back