Opinion 2022 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keays vs Cripps?

Sinclair vs Hewett vs Short?

Please and thank you.
Keays in 7% of teams, and damn consistent

Cripps in 58% of teams and has the propensity to go large. With H McKay back in the forward half he is also less inclined to have to man a ruckman at a stoppage, which killed his scores for a bit there.

I have all three of those defenders so can make a case for any and all. Sinc and Hewy are probably close to maxed out in price in that high $500k bracket, whereas Shorty is a perfectly acceptable D6 for $530k.

I’d probably go Hewett depending on $.

Witts vs English + 10k
I'm quite partial to both as an owner, but go Witts. Has a soft draw coming home, he's a consistent fall-back captaincy option, and he doesn't have the lingering question of whether a second ruck will come in and nick his points. Think he'll outscore English over the rest of the year, and the 10k is pretty negligible

Last edited:
Tough one. Jezza could go huge a few times, Geelong have a great draw.

I'd probably go Jezza, but be prepared for a few s**t scores and maybe a pinged hammy.
I was with you right up until the pinged hammy part. I’d completely forgotten about his injury history.
Leaning towards Himmelberg now.

I was with you right up until the pinged hammy part. I’d completely forgotten about his injury history.
I had him last year, he was great .......until he pinged a hammy.

Hawkins could be the answer? Same easy draw, likely to have a couple of big games. Seems to actively trying NOT to score goals though, seems to give everything off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg, Preuss or Heeney?

Last 2 I'd be roughing back in. 😄
If I had * all trades left I’d take Heeney cause at least you’re guaranteed to get what you pay for.
Who the hells knows what McVeigh is going to do with the other two.

Go and find some of these and do a back-flip on your trades :p
Jezza all the way!

Rotum GIF

Gawn injury means I need a replacement ruck with no option off the bench.

I am tossing up between Preuss and Jackson.

Jackson might score higher (e.g. Darcy Cameron when Brodes went down) with more minutes, Preuss seems like a logical option but I’m concerned about him missing games in the future.

Any thoughts?

Go and find some of these and do a back-flip on your trades :p
Jezza all the way!

Rotum GIF
Desperate Coach's do desperate things .....this isn't going to end well

At 29YO ....are you hoping for a breakout year from Jezza ??

1655435446089.png

Desperate Coach's do desperate things .....this isn't going to end well

At 29YO ....are you hoping for a breakout year from Jezza ??

View attachment 1426033
You are a data man, let’s track the SC points of Brodie vs Jezza vs HH starting from this round

Be Prepared to be surprised by Jezza great scoring - I’m backing it with the additional VC :D

Last edited:
Gawn injury means I need a replacement ruck with no option off the bench.

I am tossing up between Preuss and Jackson.

Jackson might score higher (e.g. Darcy Cameron when Brodes went down) with more minutes, Preuss seems like a logical option but I’m concerned about him missing games in the future.

Any thoughts?

Preuss is a better option then Jackson as Gawn will be back in 3-5 weeks and Jackson will turn back into a potato again.

As long as you have English and Teakle as backup you should be fine.

I'm going to roughy the kent back in. LOL.

Preuss is a better option then Jackson as Gawn will be back in 3-5 weeks and Jackson will turn back into a potato again.

As long as you have English and Teakle as backup you should be fine.

I'm going to roughy the kent back in. LOL.
I have Preuss and don't understand why anyone is trading him in.

His JS is terrible, and he's a huge injury risk. Very likely he needs to be traded out again, maybe next week.

His JS is terrible, and he's a huge injury risk. Very likely he needs to be traded out again, maybe next week.

I don't think his JS is terrible, he's a better ruckman than Flynn by a country mile.

He was ill so that explains why he missed the last couple but kinda weird that he was still fine to play in the 2's which I found strange. Why didn't he just have 2 weeks off instead if he was ill?

Last edited:

It probably comes down to he is still fairly cheap and could still make another $100k
He is still $150k cheaper than Witts & English and if teams still have plenty of trades why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back