Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
l don't believe you read much into any pre season games at all to be any real indicator.

List is in pretty good shape, so would expect a much more rounder game plan and making top 8 should be the geninue expectation.
I’d argue if you don’t see any of what you have suggested in the preseason games
It will take a while to materialisin in the season proper
I think you get a hint of players adapting to new positions ala McGovern
You see whether Young holds his own against other power forwards other than McKay
You get a feel for our midfield setups
Our pressure ease or lack off scoring
I’d hope to notice some changes in style and set ups preseason
If we beat Melbourne preseason I’m not going to say we have made it but if we match there midfield shut down there spread
Our forwards beat there very good defence it’s going to be pretty hard not to get excited
I want us to come out and win some early games this year and get a good start to the year
Building synergy through the preseason into the season proper is important for a team with a new coach and new game plan
As much for personal confidence if some players like Charlie have really solid games kick 3-4 goals that form generally carry’s on
You can say what you want about not reading into a preseason game seems like an impossible ask
That’s all this sight will do once one it is televised we will breakdown the tactics judge which players have slipped seamlessly into a Navy blue jumper who in the 22 deserves to be there who doesn’t
You’re not going to get the full picture watching us play who is it Melbourne first game
But I’ll get a lot more from that than training reports of playing each other

macky99

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I’d argue if you don’t see any of what you have suggested in the preseason games
You see whether Young holds his own against other power forwards other than McKay
If we beat Melbourne preseason I’m not going to say we have made it but if we match there midfield shut down there spread
Our forwards beat there very good defence it’s going to be pretty hard not to get excited
I want us to come out and win some early games this year and get a good start to the year
Building synergy through the preseason into the season proper is important for a team with a new coach and new game plan
As much for personal confidence if some players like Charlie have really solid games kick 3-4 goals that form generally carry’s on
You can say what you want about not reading into a preseason game seems like an impossible ask
That’s all this sight will do once one it is televised we will breakdown the tactics judge which players have slipped seamlessly into a Navy blue jumper who in the 22 deserves to be there who doesn’t
You’re not going to get the full picture watching us play who is it Melbourne first game
i don't agree many teams are trying out alot of things in the pre-season and the better teams tend not to be anywhere near top gear, l would suggest wait till after the 1st six weeks of the season to make a judgement at that time, in the interim back in the changes that have been made which should ensure a much better game plan & improvement in some players that have not taken the next step, but if Cripps & Curnow have strong seasons & addition of Cerra will see good improvement without doubt.

The only significant concern right now looking forward, is our key defence stocks look quite thin.

Jan 20, 2008
Bullengarook
AFL Club
Carlton
Who remembers that first preseason game against hawks when bolts took over? We all said we could finally see some kind of game style exiting defense..

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
22. Caleb Marchbank – ran laps only and looks a fair way off playing. Not sure if he will hold a key back spot, and would’ve thought with all this time on the sidelines there would be more upper body physical development
Sorry, just o this. When someone has such an extensive injury history. The goal for them is to remain light and stay light as possible through rehab and gradually build the weight back up as confidence in the injured areas returns. Stressing injury prone and recovering joints by getting jacked during recovery is really dumb.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Another open training this Saturday! Amazing.

Hopefully being on a weekend allows more fans to attend (and write training reports).

From this morning's email ...

2wDwNHgt

Let's do it all again this Saturday, Aph!

After the success of last week's first open training in almost two years, we invite you to join us for another member-exclusive session at IKON Park this Saturday morning.

Training will commence from 9am, with Gate 5 open for entry at 8:30am. Arrive early to hear from the coaches at approximately 8:45am.

As was the case last week, capacity is restricted and registration of attendance essential

A reminder that all attendees must show proof of full vaccination upon entry, and there will unfortunately be no photo or autograph opportunities on the day due to distancing protocols.

The Carlton Shop’s temporary pop-up store will again be open at Gate 3 for all your Navy Blue needs, with Member Choice item redemption available inside the ground after entering Gate 5. Please have your voucher code ready when redeeming.

Limited parking will be available along Garton Street and the streets adjacent.
The use of public transport is encouraged.

Back