Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry but I respectfully and strongly disagree.... too tall... Jack silvagni is already 190 Charlie 195 and McKay 203 or what ever he is... too tall. Way to tool to throw another 210 down there

It's never too tall if there is enough agility

For the sake of the exercise

Ben Brown - Harry
Gawn/Jackson - TDK/OMac or Young
McDonald - Charlie
Fritsch - Martin

Also similar to the Dogs

Jsos is an extra, but you need to consider onball and bench rotations

reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
parish gives me endless hope for players like lob, dow, cotts etc.........
Yeah same here. His development almost seemed to come overnight (although it didn’t). But he’s definite proof that you can go from so-so to a dominating mid with the right tutelage.

Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Jsos is 191.... curnow is taller
1643432734548.png
1643432769481.png

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Hopefully more accurate than the pics attached to each player…
Each player profile has these hologram type things of the players with neighbouring numbers e.g. Cunners (28) and Hewett (29) will faintly displayed next to Curnow (30).

our player profiles on the club site are, as is the tradition, an embarrassing joke...........
This isn't just for our club, it's the same design for every team in the league.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 4.16.09 pm.png

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
There was one thing I forgot to mention about training today. After most people left the boys did a bit of running, something which was quite apparent to me was how vocal Cripps was when encouraging the playing group.

"Keep going boys ... finish strong" - that type of stuff. Crippa seems like the type of leader I'd want at the club if I was a player.

SOS Rules

Senior List
Aug 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Hitting targets left and right. We all new he had a penetrating left foot kick but the way in which he was able to find targets inside 50 with pinpoint passes, just showed me how underutilised he was under Teague.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know it's only match sim but that's good to hear. I was pretty happy with the games he played at the end of last season. I think he can still make it. Needs to be our Andrew Gaff. Run hard all day and deliver well when he gets it. Doesn't have to be a contested beast as long as he goes when he has to. Thanks again.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
Hewett very impressive and arguably BOG. JSOS another one who just brought pressure and intensity to every contest, despite being undersized in a lot of match ups when the ball went towards him inside 50.

OMac looking very good and I have a feeling we'll play him over Young. Gov and Williams WILL bounce back. Lock in Kemp to play rd 1, and Philp to play early on in the season. Fisher will get a lot more midfield minutes and will star under Voss. Walsh was just Walsh. LOB will have a breakout year. Getting those games into Charlie last year has got his confidence way up, will be a huge factor in our success this season.

I'll combine all my posts from throughout the day into the no discussion thread.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The thinking is wrong omac over young.
Omac has a career of getting found out at fullback. Yes, he will pull out a good game here and there but Melbourne leaked goals over the journey. Carlton need to invest senior games in the young talented players like Young. Basically, give talented youth first crack in a toss up selection between them and a senior player. Yes to Young, Honey, Durdin, Carrol, Kemp, Pickett, owies. No to Omac, Mcgov, Plowman, Lob, etc

Back