Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What if the other side are in the same boat?

Other clubs have stacked their VFL sides with ex players in anticipation. We seem to have a very young and inexperienced VFL side.

How do you lose 4 games?

Most losses due to Covid would be manditory isolation = 1 week.

Top up players from the VFL are going to be crap anyway, otherwise we should have drafted them.
If we use them , we already would have been using Peris, Kyle, Alison, Allen.... as has been pointed out , we are already screwed.

We are St Kilda, we will find a way to get long Covid.

The Dees have added guys like Lonie, Zaharakis and Buntine. All quality regular senior players but also guys like Callum Moore, Reece Conca, old mate Jack Bell and Sam Reid (ex GWS) etc. They have a very experienced set up if a couple of players go down and a good spread of types.

Carlton have a mix of high quality kids who missed the draft and senior experienced types. We seem to have gone for a real bunch of no name kids this year. I think we must be pulling money out of the VFL to pay down debt or something.

We are St Kilda, we will find a way to get long Covid.

The Dees have added guys like Lonie, Zaharakis and Buntine. All quality regular senior players but also guys like Callum Moore, Reece Conca, old mate Jack Bell and Sam Reid (ex GWS) etc. They have a very experienced set up if a couple of players go down and a good spread of types.

Carlton have a mix of high quality kids who missed the draft and senior experienced types. We seem to have gone for a real bunch of no name kids this year. I think we must be pulling money out of the VFL to pay down debt or something.

More likely Melbourne etc are throwing money into the VFL.
But you can only use those players if you deplete the AFL list can't you? Or do the AFL decide based on circumstances?
Not like Gil to be vague with the rules as if he's making it up on the spot....oh wait , its just like him.

If anyone has an advantage from this system its the W.A. and S.A. clubs, which basically have half of the state league to select from.

OK i found this.

If a club is down to 30 already listed available players as a result of the COVID health and safety protocols, a club may will be allowed to activate a player from their contingency list to participate in training.

If that number falls below 28 available players, then the club will be able to pick the player to feature in an AFL game but the clubs will need to prioritise the selection of AFL-listed players where possible. Only if the number of available players is impacted by COVID protocols – and not through regular injury and fitness issues – will a top-up player be eligible to play.
-----------------------

I guess you'd interpret that , as you may be able to play a VFL Ruck or Key Position player , if you only had short asses available on your list and all your tall's were out due to Covid.

Surely they have worded it wrong. "allowed to activate "a" player? "
Why have a list of 20 if you can only activate "a" player.

Current rules for close contacts are really just those sharing accommodation. ( 7 days isolation if not tested positive ).
To need contingency we'd we'd need a number of players coming up positive at the same time.

Do we know which players are sharing with others?

https://tipping.afl.com.au/landing/...932.1645399044-1930489752.1638841617#/landing

OK i found this.

If a club is down to 30 already listed available players as a result of the COVID health and safety protocols, a club may will be allowed to activate a player from their contingency list to participate in training.

If that number falls below 28 available players, then the club will be able to pick the player to feature in an AFL game but the clubs will need to prioritise the selection of AFL-listed players where possible. Only if the number of available players is impacted by COVID protocols – and not through regular injury and fitness issues – will a top-up player be eligible to play.
-----------------------

I guess you'd interpret that , as you may be able to play a VFL Ruck or Key Position player , if you only had short asses available on your list and all your tall's were out due to Covid.

Surely they have worded it wrong. "allowed to activate "a" player? "
Why have a list of 20 if you can only activate "a" player.

Current rules for close contacts are really just those sharing accommodation. ( 7 days isolation if not tested positive ).
To need contingency we'd we'd need a number of players coming up positive at the same time.

Do we know which players are sharing with others?

AFL
Vague areas of grey that are open to interpretation in AFL rules........I don't believe it..... o_O

Do the right thing by us, mate.
Pull the pin and give us an extra list spot. We’ll write it off to just another bad decision.
Done.

View attachment 1355176

Seriously, that needs to be the most non-news bit of news i ever read.
If you put out a headline that said "Sky is Blue " or "Grass is Green"
Setback....how do you set back from never getting on the paddock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back