Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate's nephew played SANFL at Port with him and said he's super competitive and a proper leader. Said he's hard on teammates if they don't play team standards and talks directly but not in an a-hole way. Rates him really highly for leadership. Sounded like BJ minus the hissy fits.

Looks like he gets frustrated at times if he gets beaten down by relentless pressure driven by our cheap turnovers - if our half-back line and mids can avoid the silly turnovers he'll be under a lot less pressure, and we should see the best of his leadership.

Crouch may have been ok that game, but IMO both him and Higgins had really good years and did exactly what was asked of them. If Crouch stayed consistent next year but the rest of the team grew around him I’d be happy - he does the trick for me otherwise, and can kick goals/tackle when required.
I think Crouch had a couple of great games and the rest was just good, and also a few poor games as well. I think he can be a lot better than that for us. I'm really hoping he can start going at 30 a game and be a weapon for us.

I think Crouch had a couple of great games and the rest was just good, and also a few poor games as well. I think he can be a lot better than that for us. I'm really hoping he can start going at 30 a game and be a weapon for us.

He was a bit more uneven in his Adelaide days with really high highs and really ordinary games at other times. He seemed to iron out some of the peaks and troughs and play quite consistent good footy. Dunny probably stole a bit of his output too. He might actually get a bit more of it next season.

A mate's nephew played SANFL at Port with him and said he's super competitive and a proper leader. Said he's hard on teammates if they don't play team standards and talks directly but not in an a-hole way. Rates him really highly for leadership. Sounded like BJ minus the hissy fits.

Wasn’t there one game where Coffield gave him a mouthful? I really liked to see that too.

Sinclair would make a good VC.

I was one of Sinc's biggest critics...I thought him and JB were cut from the same cloth, happy to get a paycheck, and be a middling 'Cho era player, but I was very wrong. Sinc's has had to work extremely hard to become the player he now is, and has surpassed any of my expectations. That's what you want in a leader, someone who has done the work, knows the lows and highs...and gets the job done.
Would be happy to see him get a VC gig. Very deserving.

I was one of Sinc's biggest critics...I thought him and JB were cut from the same cloth, happy to get a paycheck, and be a middling 'Cho era player, but I was very wrong. Sinc's has had to work extremely hard to become the player he now is, and has surpassed any of my expectations. That's what you want in a leader, someone who has done the work, knows the lows and highs...and gets the job done.
Would be happy to see him get a VC gig. Very deserving.
Just taken Sincs a year or two to get over the job Richo done on him

Just taken Sincs a year or two to get over the job Richo done on him
The haircuts are a good indication. Sinclair a nice example, back in the Richo days he had the neat and tidy Robert Harvey do, now he's gone full Lebanese Dragon extraordinaire. Same for a few others. We seem to have more with tattoos, moustaches and mullets. It's like we've turned from a private boys school to a juvenile detention centre.

Jack Sinclair the Richo version

rRThzQG1mXX6hGnfmH1BvYx6G4uA0AlNkw871Z8R.jpeg

Jack Sinclair the Ratten version

1621034847240_G3C397DB7.3-0.JPG

The haircuts are a good indication. Sinclair a nice example, back in the Richo days he had the neat and tidy Robert Harvey do, now he's gone full Lebanese Dragon extraordinaire. Same for a few others. We seem to have more with tattoos, moustaches and mullets. It's like we've turned from a private boys school to a juvenile detention centre.
Out with Cho's Choir Boys and in with the Ratt pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought coffield copped the spray from dougs for not going 3rd man up and taking the contact and Coffield argued back. The cameras just caught more of coffield than dougs after the oppo marked it.
Coffield picks and chooses his battles. His Half hearted attempts exposed him. He couldnt even get a game in our depleted line up. Says a lot about where hes at.

Coffield picks and chooses his battles. His Half hearted attempts exposed him. He couldnt even get a game in our depleted line up. Says a lot about where hes at.

His 2020 was close to AA standard after a slow start. Seemed to lose confidence with the tough love stuff from Ratts. Highmore complicates things too, very similar types but TH possibly more capable one on one.

His 2020 was close to AA standard after a slow start. Seemed to lose confidence with the tough love stuff from Ratts. Highmore complicates things too, very similar types but TH possibly more capable one on one.
Reckon he got a bit ahead of himself last preseason. Was only 21, it happens.

Being dropped and struggling would have been a wake up call for him. He's already come back in better shape and is particular excited about Enright coming in.

Hopefully it's the down year which ends up being the making of him as a player.

Don't know why anybody bothers to reply to cooperrules, his posts deserve to be on the Facebook page, they are just constantly garbage. Negative comments are welcomed if there is some substance behind them.
On Howard, don't know about his leadership but got a glimpse of his competitiveness in early 2020 training, beaten one on one by Max and he was filthy, absolutely filthy on himself. The players went inside and Dougs was out with the coaches talking about it for a good ten minutes. I thought, wow that's intense, maybe he just hates Max ;)

Last edited:
Maybe Ratts knows that Hunts is just cruising & wants him to work his arse off to show that he really wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe and hope so just want him to be really consistent then this year and apply the same rules to everyone

Don't know why anybody bothers to reply to cooperrules, his posts deserve to be on the Facebook page, they are just constantly garbage. Negative comments are welcomed if there is some substance behind them.
On Howard, don't know about his leadership but got a glimpse of his competitiveness in early 2020 training, beaten one on one by Max and he was filthy, absolutely filthy on himself. The players went inside and Dougs was out with the coaches talking about it for a good ten minutes. I thought, wow that's intense, maybe he just hates Max ;)
Him and Wilkie are similar in that regard, they both hate getting beaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back