Training 2022 Pre Season

Jan 10, 2020
Western Suburbs, Melb.
AFL Club
St Kilda
On Josh Battle’s Instagram story, looks like him and Zak Jones are doing some training together. Jones looking in ripping condition.
b8f26deb308d03e4e29bd229134f225a.jpg

LJC05

Senior List
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
2020 it was Ben Long tearing it up, 2021 it was Jack Sinclair, who will be the one in 2022?!

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I'm keen to see how Battle goes this pre-season. Feels like a big one for him. Looks like he's hanging out with Paddy and Hill and also doing some training with Jones. Just have a feeling he's going to smash it this pre-season and come out firing in 2022.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm keen to see how Battle goes this pre-season. Feels like a big one for him. Looks like he's hanging out with Paddy and Hill and also doing some training with Jones. Just have a feeling he's going to smash it this pre-season and come out firing in 2022.
I really think Battle is a very good player , has the talent and skills to be anything - he has never really been given the chance to play his true role and that is Membery's position and now with Sharman in the squad he will need to find a position that suites him.
He could well become a defender but even there we have enough players in the back half.
I really feel now his best option is to play in the midfield and use his endurance that he has , but even then we have enough players to fill the midfield. Whatever happens next year he needs to really impress in the preseason and push for the position he wants and show he is the best in the squad for that position. - injuries will have a big say where he plays next I suppose.

If he is good enough you find a spot for him. He is not nimble enough for the wing. Not tall enough for key position forward or back. He is Sammy Hamills build and he has to become a wrecking ball that marks it when he gets his hands on it, that's his pod to Membrey who is a great mark when in position. Sharman just seems a smart footballer and King is well just King. None of them just split packs that's Battles pos...I reckon

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leo Connolly has been given a taste, and I'll bet he's as hungry as diamond without a carrot. Would not surprise me in the least if he comes back and sets PB's in the hope that there is even a whiff on an opening for a pre-season match.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I really think Battle is a very good player , has the talent and skills to be anything - he has never really been given the chance to play his true role and that is Membery's position and now with Sharman in the squad he will need to find a position that suites him.
He could well become a defender but even there we have enough players in the back half.
I really feel now his best option is to play in the midfield and use his endurance that he has , but even then we have enough players to fill the midfield. Whatever happens next year he needs to really impress in the preseason and push for the position he wants and show he is the best in the squad for that position. - injuries will have a big say where he plays next I suppose.
I think he'll be better if he loses a few kgs. He's always been gifted with endurance but with a little less weight he could be more mobile. I think it's likely he plays back this year which is where he has played his best footy. The midfield just doesn't seem to work for him.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think he'll be better if he loses a few kgs. He's always been gifted with endurance but with a little less weight he could be more mobile. I think it's likely he plays back this year which is where he has played his best footy. The midfield just doesn't seem to work for him.
Probably can't afford to lose a lot of weight if he's going to be playing on key forwards.

He's got a lot of work to do. I thought he was very promising in 2019 at CHB though.

Needs to watch vision of Dylan Grimes and co and work his arse off to nail the defensive side of his game.

If it doesn't work out in defense I just don't see where he fits in with the emergence of Sharman.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda

Ratts looks healthy!

King is looking good too, big pre-season ahead for all our young developing players, good to see other Max (Heath) out there as well!

This articles on Bing’s pre-season form, for anyone who has interest:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/68841

Really puts two things into perspective (granted there’s always pre-season hype but the Kings are special).

The first being that, it’s sort of like a mirror look into Max and or where he could be (not sure how his first year with injury effects his development).

The second being, it’ll be bonkers if we land Bing end of 2022. Not only will he be the most prized recruit in the comp (I’d wager), but all being fair Max will also be much more consistent then he was in 2021. Would be insanely powerful to have them both, but anyway… big pre-seasons ahead…

BAD9D7D0-C2B5-4573-9D0D-8A8772DB26CA.jpeg

Last edited:
If he is good enough you find a spot for him. He is not nimble enough for the wing. Not tall enough for key position forward or back. He is Sammy Hamills build and he has to become a wrecking ball that marks it when he gets his hands on it, that's his pod to Membrey who is a great mark when in position. Sharman just seems a smart footballer and King is well just King. None of them just split packs that's Battles pos...I reckon

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Battle is 9cm taller than Hamill , maybe similar weight but two different types of players , Hamill was explosive at his best

Probably can't afford to lose a lot of weight if he's going to be playing on key forwards.

He's got a lot of work to do. I thought he was very promising in 2019 at CHB though.

Needs to watch vision of Dylan Grimes and co and work his arse off to nail the defensive side of his game.

If it doesn't work out in defense I just don't see where he fits in with the emergence of Sharman.
Spot on and him not being fit has never been an issue in the past , losing weight wont help him

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
King is looking good too, big pre-season ahead for all our young developing players, good to see other Max (Heath) out there as well!

This articles on Bing’s pre-season form, for anyone who has interest:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/68841

Really puts two things into perspective (granted there’s always pre-season hype but the Kings are special).

The first being that, it’s sort of like a mirror look into Max and or where he could be (not sure how his first year with injury effects his development).

The second being, it’ll be bonkers if we land Bing end of 2022. Not only will he be the most prized recruit in the comp (I’d wager), but all being fair Max will also be much more consistent then he was in 2021. Would be insanely powerful to have them both, but anyway… big pre-seasons ahead…

View attachment 1285076
Who’s on the far left?

Back