Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hill doesn't defend well enough to be a full-time HB. It also doesn't utilize his running capacity enough. His best footy at Fremantle was played at the wing, and it should be the same with the Saints.
Does Whitfield do any defensive stuff?
And, even talking about HBF and Wings isn't that relevant these days. You can throw a blanket over most of the players at any given time.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
We’ve seen him smother the ball and do the 1%era more this last season. He’s improved heaps.

Does it count as a 1%er if you run full speed at a bloke with the ball and then pull up with your arms outstretched instead of trying to lay a tackle? Reckon he does that at least 5 times a game. Plenty of 1%ers for his stats page.

I agree with you and said it many times, sick of the talk too. But they rehashed the high performance team and a lot of the blokes who don't need to be back yet are already back. That's actions to me, and that's good.

I hope our fitness guy is like a mechanic that doesn't service his car because he looks like he doesn't live what he preaches. Perhaps he chases them with a cattle prod on his golf cart.

I hope our fitness guy is like a mechanic that doesn't service his car because he looks like he doesn't live what he preaches. Perhaps he chases them with a cattle prod on his golf cart.
Have you heard of Eddy Reynoso?

I have now, he looks a bit chubby.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. You should know that being 3'4'' and unable to fight yourself out of a wet paper bag.

Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
So is there any real passion to win another flag after three at the Hawks and 900k at the Saints which is like a retirement fund?

Why would he have any passion for the Saints, he is a mercenary and the ONLY reason he came to us was the big pay packet.

Not saying he isn't professional, and him being willing to go on the HBF where he found form shows he is willing to do whatever is best for the team, but when the chips are down 3 points up in a GF would he be willing to put his body over the ball or hesitate for a split second?

I don't know.
Great character assessment of someone you've probably never met.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Link to the Brad Hill interview, about 38 seconds in:

Wow that's strange. He looks noticeably fitter and says he's lost weight and feeling better than last year.

But he's meant to have come back out of shape, pissing off his teammates?

That's so strange, they must have photoshopped the story and he's obviously lying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cursing.
Cursing.
Cursing.

giphy.gif

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Great character assessment of someone you've probably never met.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't know if comprehension is your strong suit. I was Critiquing his football not his 'character'

If you bothered to read further you we see what I said about Hill the man and yes I have met him. You see unlike many of the keyboard warriors on here, I take the time out of my life to go to training when I can. I have spoken to Brad on a number of occasions and he is the friendliest most engaging guy you are likely to meet.

Sorry to burst your condescending bubble mate.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Don't know if comprehension is your strong suit. I was Critiquing his football not his 'character'

If you bothered to read further you we see what I said about Hill the man and yes I have met him. You see unlike many of the keyboard warriors on here, I take the time out of my life to go to training when I can. I have spoken to Brad on a number of occasions and he is the friendliest most engaging guy you are likely to meet.

Sorry to burst your condescending bubble mate.
You said he's a mercenary that only came to the club for money and that he has returned fat and unfit which appears to be bullshit.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Wow that's strange. He looks noticeably fitter and says he's lost weight and feeling better than last year.

But he's meant to have come back out of shape, pissing off his teammates?

That's so strange, they must have photoshopped the story and he's obviously lying.

So you reckon the person who relayed that to me is a liar? You can tell on TV his skinfolds and what they should have been?

This info was a few weeks back, maybe he got the message and it is good to see him taking his fitness seriously. We need Brad up and firing at his very best.

Do people honesty think that Saints supporters don't want to see Hill play to his full potential and just make stuff up about him?

He came back not at the required level of fitness, and not for the first time either apparently. That he is rectifying that is great. If you want to live with no news and your head in the sand about what is happening fine, but don't shoot the messenger.

I know the person who PM'ed me looks at this forum. I will make sure I keep his info to myself from now on, he can post it if he wants to, but the fact he put it on PM will tell you something about the type of response a bit of negative news gets from some and why people don't want to post it.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not slow is an understatement the boy has some serious wheels
Love Connolly, importanty he may not be test fast ie 20 metres sprint agility fast but in game he is so quick both with his footwork and his actual reaction time. Also has a low centre of gravity and is strong over the ball. I think he is going to surprise a few with how hard he is to tackle, simmilar to Gresh and thats not even his best attribute. His dual sidedness is rivaled by only Hunter Clark and even then Leo may be better. I just hope we give him lots of opportunity because his fearlessness is also something we lack and desire.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
You said he's a mercenary that only came to the club for money and that he has returned fat and unfit which appears to be bullshit.

What did he come to the club for? The love of it? Another whose doesn't read and put things in context, convienently leaves out I said he was a professional shown by going to the HBF to help the team.

Yes everything is 'bullshit' because it doesn't suit your world view and you can measure skinfolds on a computer screen. Good one.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
So you reckon the person who relayed that to me is a liar? You can tell on TV his skinfolds and what they should have been?

This info was a few weeks back, maybe he got the message and it is good to see him taking his fitness seriously. We need Brad up and firing at his very best.

Do people honesty think that Saints supporters don't want to see Hill play to his full potential and just make stuff up about him?

He came back not at the required level of fitness, and not for the first time either apparently. That he is rectifying that is great. If you want to live with no news and your head in the sand about what is happening fine, but don't shoot the messenger.

I know the person who PM'ed me looks at this forum. I will make sure I keep his info to myself from now on, he can post it if he wants to, but the fact he put it on PM will tell you something about the type of response a bit of negative news gets from some and why people don't want to post it.
You know he hasn't even started pre-season yet? You come in here spouting crap about one of our players then have a huge cry when it gets called out. Oh no your precious sources, what will we do without them?

You know he hasn't even started pre-season yet? You come in here spouting crap about one of our players then have a huge cry when it gets called out. Oh no your precious sources, what will we do without them?

I've heard from multiple people that some of the playing group were unhappy with his fitness standards. It might be more to do with jealousy because of his wage but the rumours persist again this year. He seems like a great guy but perhaps not as hungry as he once was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back