Training 2022 Pre Season

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
You know he hasn't even started pre-season yet? You come in here spouting crap about one of our players then have a huge cry when it gets called out. Oh no your precious sources, what will we do without them?

Wow chill out bro. You will burst an ooffer valve. You can believe it is BS if you like, I don't care, I have no way of proving it to be true however....

I have always said that I have no links at the club, and I get info occasionally from people who do. This was a case. From a 15 second clip you choose not to believe it. Fair enough, that's up to you, but I believe what was told to me.

Don't worry lewdogs, as I said it was relayed to me, I apologise to the person who relayed it, and understand why he didn't post it on the open forum. Your reaction is quite amusing though. ;)

Peace, my man, suffice to say, you wont need to worry about my 'spouted crap' about any player again.

What do you have to relay to the forum BTW?

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I've heard from multiple people that some of the playing group were unhappy with his fitness standards. It might be more to do with jealousy because of his wage but the rumours persist again this year. He seems like a great guy but perhaps not as hungry as he once was.

Oh mate, don't get involved, it is not worth it

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Wow chill out bro. You will burst an ooffer valve. You can believe it is BS if you like, I don't care, I have no way of proving it to be true however....

I have always said that I have no links at the club, and I get info occasionally from people who do. This was a case. From a 15 second clip you choose not to believe it. Fair enough, that's up to you, but I believe what was told to me.

Don't worry lewdogs, as I said it was relayed to me, I apologise to the person who relayed it, and understand why he didn't post it on the open forum. Your reaction is quite amusing though. ;)

Peace, my man, suffice to say, you wont need to worry about my 'spouted crap' about any player again.

What do you have to relay to the forum BTW?
Insane is it that I would take Brad's own word over your trusted sources?

Mate it's all good if you want to post rumours but maybe you need to put your hand up if they don't appear to be true.

Like you're saying how would I know his skinfolds from a news clip, he literally wouldn't have been back to the club to do testing as he's still on holiday. I just don't really get what you're on about this whole "he has come back unfit" thing and yes I'm a supporter and will stand up for our players if I think they're being unfairly maligned. He says he's lost 1.5kg and is boxing 4 or 5 times a week and is fitter than last year, is he lying?

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you reckon the person who relayed that to me is a liar? You can tell on TV his skinfolds and what they should have been?

This info was a few weeks back, maybe he got the message and it is good to see him taking his fitness seriously. We need Brad up and firing at his very best.

Do people honesty think that Saints supporters don't want to see Hill play to his full potential and just make stuff up about him?

He came back not at the required level of fitness, and not for the first time either apparently. That he is rectifying that is great. If you want to live with no news and your head in the sand about what is happening fine, but don't shoot the messenger.

I know the person who PM'ed me looks at this forum. I will make sure I keep his info to myself from now on, he can post it if he wants to, but the fact he put it on PM will tell you something about the type of response a bit of negative news gets from some and why people don't want to post it.
I do think the person who told you that was either exaggerating or full of crap considering you could see on Instagram the work Hill has been doing all off season.

Insane is it that I would take Brad's own word over your trusted sources?

Mate it's all good if you want to post rumours but maybe you need to put your hand up if they don't appear to be true.

Like you're saying how would I know his skinfolds from a news clip, he literally wouldn't have been back to the club to do testing as he's still on holiday. I just don't really get what you're on about this whole "he has come back unfit" thing and yes I'm a supporter and will stand up for our players if I think they're being unfairly maligned. He says he's lost 1.5kg and is boxing 4 or 5 times a week and is fitter than last year, is he lying?
I do think the person who told you that was either exaggerating or full of crap considering you could see on Instagram the work Hill has been doing all off season.
Not surprised that it seems like made up bullshit. Most of the stuff posted here falls into that category unfortunately. Nothing really available anywhere to suggest a disconnect between Hill and other players that I can see. I think they all acknowledge last season was bad, and many players underperformed. Hill isn't alone in that.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Could be. i posted what I heard, gringo confirmed it above. Maybe it has to do with his salary and some jealousy, you know the whisper "the bloke is on 900 large a year and comes back like that". He might be the type of bloke who comes back every year a bit unconditioned but tears it off in two weeks.

But hey learnt my lesson, don't post any news about any player from the Saints on here unless you want to endure a pile on.

But hey learnt my lesson, don't post any news about any player from the Saints on here unless you want to endure a pile on.
I would agree, if you can't handle the criticism that comes with posting rumours it's probably best to not put yourself through it.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Could be. i posted what I heard, gringo confirmed it above. Maybe it has to do with his salary and some jealousy, you know the whisper "the bloke is on 900 large a year and comes back like that". He might be the type of bloke who comes back every year a bit unconditioned but tears it off in two weeks.

But just because you hear something, doesn’t make it true either. We can see on social media that Hill has been consistently training all off season and we’ve heard from the man himself that he has lost some weight. That contradicts what you suggested in your original post, and it fair game to raise as a counter point to that you said.

It’s not a ‘pile on’ to question your information if there is other information that contradicts what you said.

We all appreciate when information is shared but it other news comes to light when discussing it, we should be able to question the original information.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
But just because you hear something, doesn’t make it true either. We can see on social media that Hill has been consistently training all off season and we’ve heard from the man himself that he has lost some weight. That contradicts what you suggested in your original post, and it fair game to raise as a counter point to that you said.

It’s not a ‘pile on’ to question your information if there is other information that contradicts what you said.

We all appreciate when information is shared but it other news comes to light when discussing it, we should be able to question the original information.

You can chose to believe or not, that is your prerogative. I don't know what has come to light except a 90 second clip. Was reported he came back unfit, a few weeks back. gringo has confirmed he heard the same thing. Just because it doesn't suit a narrative doesn't make it untrue either, but apparently I just 'spout crap' and my sources are 'precious' like I get something about posting something negative about a player I have constantly defended since he arrived at the club. It is patently clear that posting anything negative will get an adverse response from many on here.

I think it is great he has dropped kilo's, I hope he rips it to shreads this year and silences the constant carping and criticism he cops when others should be copping it more.

personally I hope every single Saints player succeeds, but that doesn't mean everything that happens at the club is rosie.

Anyway enough of this, going to the draft thread. Hope Hill on one wing and NWM on the other is the catalyst to propel us up the ladder.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
You can chose to believe or not, that is your prerogative. I don't know what has come to light except a 90 second clip. Was reported he came back unfit, a few weeks back. gringo has confirmed he heard the same thing. Just because it doesn't suit a narrative doesn't make it untrue either, but apparently I just 'spout crap' and my sources are 'precious' like I get something about posting something negative about a player I have constantly defended since he arrived at the club. It is patently clear that posting anything negative will get an adverse response from many on here.

I think it is great he has dropped kilo's, I hope he rips it to shreads this year and silences the constant carping and criticism he cops when others should be copping it more.

personally I hope every single Saints player succeeds, but that doesn't mean everything that happens at the club is rosie.

Anyway enough of this, going to the draft thread. Hope Hill on one wing and NWM on the other is the catalyst to propel us up the ladder.
Owens on one wing DMAC on the other will propel us up the ladder

Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't know if comprehension is your strong suit. I was Critiquing his football not his 'character'

If you bothered to read further you we see what I said about Hill the man and yes I have met him. You see unlike many of the keyboard warriors on here, I take the time out of my life to go to training when I can. I have spoken to Brad on a number of occasions and he is the friendliest most engaging guy you are likely to meet.

Sorry to burst your condescending bubble mate.

What’s your problem, I did say it was a good character assessment didn’t I.
As for key board warrior, where would you place your assessment of Hills motivation etc?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you reckon the person who relayed that to me is a liar? You can tell on TV his skinfolds and what they should have been?

This info was a few weeks back, maybe he got the message and it is good to see him taking his fitness seriously. We need Brad up and firing at his very best.

Do people honesty think that Saints supporters don't want to see Hill play to his full potential and just make stuff up about him?

He came back not at the required level of fitness, and not for the first time either apparently. That he is rectifying that is great. If you want to live with no news and your head in the sand about what is happening fine, but don't shoot the messenger.

I know the person who PM'ed me looks at this forum. I will make sure I keep his info to myself from now on, he can post it if he wants to, but the fact he put it on PM will tell you something about the type of response a bit of negative news gets from some and why people don't want to post it.

Gee, I wish I could sort out my skin folds in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
What this thread needs is more discussion about flowers.

Our resident drug addict performed a perfect round house kick on my roses the other day, causing them to explode and scatter across my front lawn. Me and my mate were at the front window and watched the whole thing happen. I wasn't even mad, I was impressed (and drunk).
dove-hit-ball.gif

Seriously every time someone questions a rumour you lose the plot with the same old line , No wonder people dont post rumours .
If you or anyone is going to post a rumour and it seems a tad too far left of centre or there is other info that suggests that the rumour is just Bull poop well i think posters have every right to question the so called said rumour , Dont you ?

Seriously every time someone questions a rumour you lose the plot with the same old line , No wonder people dont post rumours .
If you or anyone is going to post a rumour and it seems a tad too far left of centre or there is other info that suggests that the rumour is just Bull poop well i think posters have every right to question the so called said rumour , Dont you ?
Keep up champion, gringo already confirmed it was true.

Keep up champion, gringo already confirmed it was true.
Well that makes it 100% true ,, Not having a crack at you either Gringo , just saying its more than possible two people can hear the same BS rumour

Well that makes it 100% true ,, Not having a crack at you either Gringo , just saying its more than possible two people can hear the same BS rumour
I call bullshit, if a poster on BigFooty says he heard what another BigFooty poster heard, who are you to question them?

Back