Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Stein definitely number 1. Kennelly (not sure of spelling) was great too, and the bloke playing for the cats is more than handy. Majority unfortunately don't make the grade. I think the resources would be better placed on pathways for homegrown talent.

There have been quite a few good middlers too. Guys like Marty Clarke, Pierce Hanley and Conor McKenna. They probably have a higher strike rate statistically than locals. There might be something in the ruining their GF career though, most don't go back to have a long career.

Gee we look fit this year. Obviously pre season is always a time when players look fit and optimism is high.
But I genuinely felt like last pre season we didn’t look overly fit, especially in comparison to this year.
Key examples are Steele, Gresh and Marshall. Steeley looks trim af atm and looks primed to go to another level if that’s even possible. And Marshall and Gresh both look to have significantly slimmed down from last season.

Agree, Steele in particular looks very trim. Setting the example as per usual. Also thought Crouch and Coffield were in good nick but admittedly I’ve only seen them in photos.

We seem to be doing things right thus far, hard not to be bullish for that round 1 game against Collingwood. The midfield may simply dominate, and it bloody well can with a mix of Steele, Jones, Crouch, Gresh, Ryder, Marshall leading the younger blokes.

Throw in Sinclair and Hill who both seem to be smashing the pre-season by all reports and our ball movement may just be lethal enough to utilise our real power. That being a forward line of King, Membrey, Sharman, Higgins, Butler and Marshall/Gresh roaming from the ground.

The pre-season matches are gonna be exciting to watch. I don’t get the feeling that the club is happy to lament on its performance last year, we seem locked in. Now we can’t just let that fade as the year progresses.

Gee we look fit this year. Obviously pre season is always a time when players look fit and optimism is high.
But I genuinely felt like last pre season we didn’t look overly fit, especially in comparison to this year.
Key examples are Steele, Gresh and Marshall. Steeley looks trim af atm and looks primed to go to another level if that’s even possible. And Marshall and Gresh both look to have significantly slimmed down from last season.
Hill is the most striking difference. He's always had a unique shape but he looks more streamlined this season. Really hope he has a great year. There's a lot to like about the bloke on and off the field

So NWM hasn’t been seen at all? Not vaxxed?

Surely as a club we would of done our due dillegence there. I understand a lot of new draftees get eased into it, but it seems like Owens and windhager haven’t missed a beat while there isn’t even a photo or a clip of Nasiah around the club since about his first week. Someone said a knock on his knee, I’m hoping it’s not homesickness..

Surely as a club we would of done our due dillegence there. I understand a lot of new draftees get eased into it, but it seems like Owens and windhager haven’t missed a beat while there isn’t even a photo or a clip of Nasiah around the club since about his first week. Someone said a knock on his knee, I’m hoping it’s not homesickness..
Bllody hell, homesickness, unvaxxed, any more conspiracies? Maybe he has a crook knee, maybe he is on a modified training program.
Highly doubtful we will be seeing him this year in the ones anyway. Let the kid settle and leave him be.

Edit: From a PM I received dated Jan 4th

NWM has had his loads eased slightly. A few niggles, nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bllody hell, homesickness, unvaxxed, any more conspiracies? Maybe he has a crook knee, maybe he is on a modified training program.
Highly doubtful we will be seeing him this year in the ones anyway. Let the kid settle and leave him be.

Edit: From a PM I received dated Jan 4th

NWM has had his loads eased slightly. A few niggles, nothing out of the ordinary.
Can you give us a list of players that we are allowed to talk about?

Yep, too true...and in a way that's kind of what I'm getting at. Joyce seems to have the maturity that many of the the other imports lack. He seems aware that he is there to fill a gap in case of injury, and that he is not - and never will be - a superstar, or that is owed a position within the starting lineup. If more of his countrymen had the same mindset, the Irish experiments would be far better off...and I wouldn't have to listen to every Paddy, swilling Guinness whilst eating a sh*te sausage, tell me about how we're exploiting their precious boys like their priests in a 1940's orphanage.
Mate sounds like you need to book a qantas flight and head home ..borders are open.
I woulnt be taking that shite from you.. i meet plenty of arseholes here but they dont represent the majority of sound Aussies that have welcomed me since emmigrating. Again show me quotes where ex afl players have whinged like you memtioned. I’m pretty clued into the Irish media and most players are complimentary of their time in Aus and grateful for the opportunity.

Mate sounds like you need to book a qantas flight and head home ..borders are open.
I woulnt be taking that sh*te from you.. i meet plenty of arseholes here but they dont represent the majority of sound Aussies that have welcomed me since emmigrating. Again show me quotes where ex afl players have whinged like you memtioned. I’m pretty clued into the Irish media and most players are complimentary of their time in Aus and grateful for the opportunity.

Yes agree.

It is just that most rookies, including international ones to not make it.

Even the majority of players in the main draft do not make it.

I don’t think NWM is homesick or back with his family. Saw a photo of him with Mason wood in Hampton the other day

I woulnt be taking that sh*te from you.. i meet plenty of arseholes here but they dont represent the majority of sound Aussies that have welcomed me since emmigrating. Again show me quotes where ex afl players have whinged like you memtioned. I’m pretty clued into the Irish media and most players are complimentary of their time in Aus and grateful for the opportunity.
It’s just their opinion lol

Can you give us a list of players that we are allowed to talk about?
Name one I said you couldn't. So the kid was accused of being an anti vaxxer and of sooking away from the club and homesick. I am not allowed to counter those claims? Just let falsehoods run wild?

Majority of home grown players don't make the grade either. To reach the top shows the skill of the few players from Ireland to make it.
Joyce has not disgraced himself when he had gotten a gig.
Spots are tough back there and he is really good depth. A few ahead of him.
Reckon Joyce has done very well.
Comes from an elite Hurling base rather than Gaelic Football so had a bit further to go than many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back