Training 2022 Pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like his head was put into a vice and squished
Poor Hippy.
I wonder if we are looking at transitioning into a bit more of a running style of footy this year because at the sessions before Chrissie, I thought quite a few of the boys looked as though they had leaned up a bit?

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
Poor Hippy.
I wonder if we are looking at transitioning into a bit more of a running style of footy this year because at the sessions before Chrissie, I thought quite a few of the boys looked as though they had leaned up a bit?
If we are, that will prove to be a grave error come September. We only need to look back to our 2020 Preliminary Final for evidence of this. Size matters. Our 2001-3 team proved that. Footy's changed, sure, but not that much.

Suffice to say, neither of our two finals in 2021 were lost because we were out-run or out-paced.

Elaf

Rookie
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi, can anyone please tell me what days/times the Brisbane Lions Mens team trains in the pre-season?

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
They tend to train at Yeronga on Monday and Friday mornings and Wednesday afternoons at around 3-4pm also at Yeronga.
What scope is there during cricket season to train at a venue with lights? Looking at our fixture so far, our earliest start is 4:10pm. I'd have thought we'd be ditching all the red footies at a bare minimum, and training as late in the day as possible. I recall several occasions where Joe Daniher literally looked like he had never bounced a ball on the Queensland dew before... and maybe that was the case.

What scope is there during cricket season to train at a venue with lights? Looking at our fixture so far, our earliest start is 4:10pm. I'd have thought we'd be ditching all the red footies at a bare minimum, and training as late in the day as possible. I recall several occasions where Joe Daniher literally looked like he had never bounced a ball on the Queensland dew before... and maybe that was the case.
I agree, but not sure the players are real keen.

A ripped Rayner being stopped by a more muscular Bailey...what does that say about the potential growth for our midfield this year?

dreooh.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's definitely Bails but who's tackling but who he's tackling is the talk. Admittedly just saw the shoulders and the hair and assumed it was Cam but looking closer it might be Dev. If so wow.

If you click on the actual picture, the player's insta handle has been tagged by the Lions media team. Dev Rob it is.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's definitely Bails but who he's tackling is the talk. Admittedly just saw the shoulders and the hair and assumed it was Cam but looking closer it might be Dev. If so wow.
Rayner has a tat on his lower leg from memory. Must be Dev.

Esit: it's on his right leg which would be invisible to us anyway. Scratch that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back