Prediction 2022 Prediction Thread (aka Show us whatcha got, Nostradamus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cynic alert.

Top three in the Doig medal count: 1. Brayshaw 2. Fyfe 3. Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Hayden Young
Best draft rookie: Erasmus
Top goal scorer/# goals: Taberner/36
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Fyfe
Guaranteed to happen: Dramatic wins and heartbreaking losses
Big call: Sam Switkowski stays uninjured for the season (that's the big call) and emerges as a top 5 player for Freo.
Headline you will read this season: Freo's finals frustration
Headline you will NOT read this season: Dockers firing on all cylinders - deadliest forward line in the comp.
Record: 9-13
Ladder position: 12th
setting expectations low so can’t get as disappointed, I like it.

Ok I'll play.

I think this year will see a changing of the guard, Geelong, WC and Richmond in no-mans land, Suns, Carlton and North oh so close.

Top three in the Doig medal count:Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games):Chapman. No, wait, Young. No.. hang on, Switta. Umm.. Still not right. Treacy.
Best draft rookie:Erasmus. Although if we're saying Rookie, has to be Worner
Top goal scorer/# goals:Tabs with 40 (and to satisfy other arguments, Lobb and Treacy w/ 35 each, Walters, Switta with 20 each and Shooter with 30)
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes:Fyfe - as he takes out #3
Guaranteed to happen:Win or lose in the preseason matches, WC supporters will find some way to justify it, or try and neg us.
Big call:Worner becomes the wing we have missed, he made Daicos looks good after all.
Headline you will read this season:Freo forwards on fire
Headline you will NOT read this season:Nic Nat plays 90% game time in upset over...
Record:13/9
Ladder position:7th

1645442379426.png

Ok I'll play.

I think this year will see a changing of the guard, Geelong, WC and Richmond in no-mans land, Suns, Carlton and North oh so close.

Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games):Chapman. No, wait, Young. No.. hang on, Switta. Umm.. Still not right. Treacy.
Top goal scorer/# goals:Tabs with 40 (and to satisfy other arguments, Lobb and Treacy w/ 35 each, Walters, Switta with 20 each and Shooter with 30)
Guaranteed to happen:Win or lose in the preseason matches, WC supporters will find some way to justify it, or try and neg us.
Big call:Worner becomes the wing we have missed, he made Daicos looks good after all.
Headline you will NOT read this season:Nic Nat plays 90% game time in upset over...

View attachment 1331773
I think Essendon are in for a tough year. Mcdonald Tipungwuti is such a massive loss to them. I remember watching them against us at marvel last season, it was an exciting game and painful loss for us.
He was absolutely electric that day. Every time he got the ball the crowd was buzzing - it was absolute consternation in our defence.
What I wouldnt give for a player of that type to plonk in our forward line for 2022.
Dont believe I’ve ever seen him miss a set shot either - he’s freakishly accurate.

I think Essendon are in for a tough year. Mcdonald Tipungwuti is such a massive loss to them. I remember watching them against us at marvel last season, it was an exciting game and painful loss for us.
He was absolutely electric that day. Every time he got the ball the crowd was buzzing - it was absolute consternation in our defence.
What I wouldnt give for a player of that type to plonk in our forward line for 2022.
Dont believe I’ve ever seen him miss a set shot either - he’s freakishly accurate.
He had bloody telekinetic bounces that day. quite a few miracle bounces.
They have a few games against teams I think will struggle this year, boosting their position. So I don't see them breaking the finals win drought just yet.

Top three in the Doig medal count: Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Crowden
Best draft rookie: Johnson
Top goal scorer/# goals: Taberner
Guaranteed to happen: Crowden takes a midfield spot
Big call: Sturt to kick 30 goals
Headline you will read this season: Fremantle sneak into finals
Headline you will NOT read this season: Darcy Tucker plays 18 games
Record: 12/10
Ladder position: 8th

Top three in the Doig medal count: Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Crowden
Best draft rookie: Johnson
Top goal scorer/# goals: Taberner
Guaranteed to happen: Crowden takes a midfield spot
Big call: Sturt to kick 30 goals
Headline you will read this season: Fremantle sneak into finals
Headline you will NOT read this season: Darcy Tucker plays 18 games
Record: 12/10
Ladder position: 8th

This is close to what I expect/hope - the Sturt call would change the dynamic of the team. Hoping on Sturt feels like begging for heartbreak. If he doesn't get a good run at it this season he will have missed to much development time.

My prediction is that following what looks like a good win in the scratch match vs the Egos we will all carried away and make rash predictions about how good we are. Reality could be a hard road if things don't pan out.

Too much optimism around here.
Needs Freomaniac to come in and tell us how he’d be happy with 7 wins this season and it we can play finals twice between now and 2030 he would be very happy with that!
Also that we’ll lose Serong at the end of the year for a future 3rd

Needs Freomaniac to come in and tell us how he’d be happy with 7 wins this season and it we can play finals twice between now and 2030 he would be very happy with that!
With a needlessly long comparison with our results, injuries and list composition between 2011 and 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barich had an interesting article in The West the other day regarding Freo and WC and the impact of Covid being a big disadvantage to both. What he was saying was that all other clubs have basically had most of their players infected with covid already and re infection is unlikely so these clubs should have a pretty clear run with regards to players getting infected and not being able to play where as the two local sides have been protected against infection but will shortly become subject to mass contact with covid and obviously large infection rates. Sounds about right to me.

Ok I'll play.

View attachment 1331773
Reckon you're a bit optimistic on Gold Coast, don't see how they win many games with no King, their forward structure is terrible otherwise

Besides that anything between 5th-15th feels possible this year, I even think Collingwood are better than most give them credit for

Top three in the Doig medal count: Brayshaw Darcy Serong
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Frederick
Best draft rookie: Erasmus
Top goal scorer/# goals: Taberner 43 goals
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Serong 17
Guaranteed to happen: Serong, Darcy and Brayshaw in AA top 40 with one making the AA team
Big call: Sean Darcy unanimously takes pole position as the leagues best ruckman statically and as the main AA ruckman, Grundy misses out. So do Charlie Cameron, Stewart, Papley, Salem and Wines.
Headline you will read this season: Mundy another year?
Headline you will NOT read this season: Anything about Hurn, Natanui, Kennedy and retirement
Record: 14-8
Ladder position: 6th

Through my handy and very stylish rose-tinted glasses, with a reasonable injury run, straight shooting, and increased speed, I've got us at 2nd-4th. And if we get that close, why not take it all the way.

Thru my filthy plastic garden glasses with one lens missing, I could see us hobbling around 8th-11th again by the end of the season.

It just depends on a bit of luck with injuries and improved accuracy and we become a powerhouse again. That's my take.

Doig: 1 Fyfe - back to his monster best
2 Darcy - Huge season AA ruck
3 Brayshaw - recognised in AA squad

Improved: Serong to go to another level
Draft Rookie: Erasmus
Goals: Tabs 48
Brownlow: Clayton Oliver to win first one
Guaranteed to happen: Coast to Coast goals using our elite speed and field kicking.
Big Call: Clark and Brodie make instant impact improving our 22.
Headline read: Ruthlessly Efficient Freo kick 27.3 in huge derby win.
Headline not read: Jack Darling gets vaxxed to help out team mates during West Coasts injury crisis.
13-9
7th

Freo has as much chance of winning the flag this year as much as Vladimir Putin being Australian of the year lol

Reckon you're a bit optimistic on Gold Coast, don't see how they win many games with no King, their forward structure is terrible otherwise

Besides that anything between 5th-15th feels possible this year, I even think Collingwood are better than most give them credit for

I think the King injury is actually quite a bit of a red herring for Gold Coast and will actually take quite a bit of public pressure off them. Whilst he is a supreme talent, their engine room has been quietly building, all extremely talented, gaining experience and building their tanks and, most importantly, have good heads on their shoulders. Whilst they're definitely not out of the woods with their cultural issues they've definitely turned the corner and progressing well despite the constant scrutiny around their entire existence. I think the most important bloke in that team actually is Sam Collins. He's such a general for them down back and they're a 3-4 goal tighter team in defence with him in it.

I expect they'll surprise a few teams this season. Not finals worthy but I actually don't think they're a bottom 4 side this season. I do however think that $3.08 is still too high for them against West Coast in round 1 and will be chucking a sneaky $30 on them

I think the King injury is actually quite a bit of a red herring for Gold Coast and will actually take quite a bit of public pressure off them. Whilst he is a supreme talent, their engine room has been quietly building, all extremely talented, gaining experience and building their tanks and, most importantly, have good heads on their shoulders. Whilst they're definitely not out of the woods with their cultural issues they've definitely turned the corner and progressing well despite the constant scrutiny around their entire existence. I think the most important bloke in that team actually is Sam Collins. He's such a general for them down back and they're a 3-4 goal tighter team in defence with him in it.

I expect they'll surprise a few teams this season. Not finals worthy but I actually don't think they're a bottom 4 side this season. I do however think that $3.08 is still too high for them against West Coast in round 1 and will be chucking a sneaky $30 on them
Rowell looks like a 5th year player....he is massive. I reckon he will take some stopping and I'm not sure the left overs of West Coasts midfield can stop him.

Eagles or dockers will never win a spoon again. Home advantage guarantees a few wins no matter how bad they are any given year

People do realise you can catch Covid more than once… my brother has had it now 3 times (lived in Europe when Covid started..)

Saying vic clubs won’t be affected because it’s already been through the club… is naive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back