Prediction 2022 Prediction Thread (aka Show us whatcha got, Nostradamus)

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
People do realise you can catch Covid more than once… my brother has had it now 3 times (lived in Europe when Covid started..)

Saying vic clubs won’t be affected because it’s already been through the club… is naive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We realise, but we shouldn't be isolating from catching a flu/cold level illness.

Top three in the Doig medal count: 1. Brayshaw 2. Pearce 3. Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Griffin Logue- plays every bit like a pick eight
Best draft rookie: Matthew Johnson
Top goal scorer/# goals: Treacy 43
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Serong
Guaranteed to happen: Belted out of the blue
Big call: Mundy 4hundy? Dave signs on for 2023
Headline you will read this season: Ken-undrum: underperforming Port set to sack Hinkley after big loss to Dockers
Headline you will NOT read this season: Freo midfielder wants out to Victoria
Record: 11-11
Ladder position: 10th

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
People do realise you can catch Covid more than once… my brother has had it now 3 times (lived in Europe when Covid started..)

Saying vic clubs won’t be affected because it’s already been through the club… is naive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omicron has changed the rules a bit, yes you can catch it twice but it is unlikely.
47 out of 1.8 million infections resulted in re infection according to this study

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
According to foxsports, we have the easiest draw through round 10.

EASIEST FIXTURE, FIRST 10 ROUNDS

Based on opponents’ 2021 percentage, with adjustments for venue

1. Fremantle (92.24%)
2. Carlton (97.54%)
3. Brisbane Lions
4. Melbourne
5. Western Bulldogs
6. GWS Giants
7. Richmond
8. St Kilda
9. Geelong Cats
10. Sydney Swans
11. West Coast Eagles
12. Collingwood
13. Port Adelaide
14. Adelaide Crows
15. Gold Coast Suns
16. Essendon
17. Hawthorn
18. North Melbourne (112.32%)

Our first 10 games:
Adelaide (AO), St Kilda (OS), West Coast (OS), GWS (OS), Essendon (Marvel), Carlton (OS), Geelong (GMHBA), North Melbourne (OS), Gold Coast (Metricon), Collingwood (OS)

I'm going to say we go 7-3 with losses against GWS, Essendon, and Cats. If this actually happens, that would give us a great start towards playing finals.

Last edited:

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to foxsports, we have the easiest draw through round 10.

EASIEST FIXTURE, FIRST 10 ROUNDS

Based on opponents’ 2021 percentage, with adjustments for venue

1. Fremantle (92.24%)
2. Carlton (97.54%)
3. Brisbane Lions
4. Melbourne
5. Western Bulldogs
6. GWS Giants
7. Richmond
8. St Kilda
9. Geelong Cats
10. Sydney Swans
11. West Coast Eagles
12. Collingwood
13. Port Adelaide
14. Adelaide Crows
15. Gold Coast Suns
16. Essendon
17. Hawthorn
18. North Melbourne (112.32%)

Our first 10 games:
Adelaide (AO), St Kilda (OS), West Coast (OS), GWS (OS), Essendon (Marvel), Carlton (OS), Geelong (GMHBA), North Melbourne (OS), Gold Coast (Metricon), Collingwood (OS)

I'm going to say we go 7-3 with losses against GWS, Essendon, and Cats. If this actually happens, that would give us a great start towards playing finals.

Geez! Let's just concentrate on beating Crows away which won't be a walk in the park.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez! Let's just concentrate on beating Crows away which won't be a walk in the park.
Well we have to beat Bombers, Blues this year, the teams competing around the 8.
Biggest indicator if we have improved. Both teams always find a way to beat us.
Probably the difference in playing finals.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers

Curious. Why should I concentrate on beating the crows? That’s the players and coaches job. This is the prediction thread and I just made a prediction. 7-3 is going to be our record after 10 games. What is your prediction?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL Media don't rate our chances too highly. Only Olle, Schmook and Twomey have us in the 8 — though Schmook has Fyfe collecting his third Brownlow

I had a look at the "expert" predictions from the HS the other day. Literally no-one was even close. I'm not sure anyone even had Melbourne in the 8 let alone winning the Premiership.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
The West, one thing I have always thought, Mick McGuane knows nothing, in fact I’ve never thought much of him. He hates Freo.

Attachments

• 838F878E-4170-4B25-95E7-27B78E6384F3.png
    838F878E-4170-4B25-95E7-27B78E6384F3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 98

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The West, one thing I have always thought, Mick McGuane knows nothing, in fact I’ve never thought much of him. He hates Freo.
He didn't even have Melbourne in his top 8 this time last year. He had Richmond winning the premiership :D

Hilarious how they call him an analyst. My grandma can read and understand last year's ladder, that doesn't make her an analyst.

i dont think he hates us, I reckon he just doesn’t give a s**t about most of the non Victorian sides. he writes for the herald sun so shouldn’t be particularly surprising

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Top three in the Doig medal count: 1. Brayshaw 2. Fyfe 3. Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Freddy
Best draft rookie: Erasmus
Top goal scorer/# goals: Tabs 37
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Brayshaw
Guaranteed to happen: Belted out of the blue
Big call: All-Australian for Brayshaw
Headline you will read this season: yada yada Nicnat yada yada ( many times over )
Headline you will NOT read this season: Jackson nominates Freo
Record: 12-10
Ladder position: 8th

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
After seven years out of the top 8 in an 18 team competition, anything less than a finals appearance has to be seen as an abject failure in 2022. If we are sitting here this time next year without having played finals for 8 years it will be an absolute joke.
No more excuses. We just need to be in the top 45% it’s hardly a big ask

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
After seven years out of the top 8 in an 18 team competition, anything less than a finals appearance has to be seen as an abject failure in 2022. If we are sitting here this time next year without having played finals for 8 years it will be an absolute joke.
Agree with the sentiment, but it's six years out of finals - we topped the ladder in 2015 ;)

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
At the start of this pre-season I would have disagreed with you, but by now I'm fully on board.

We absolutely should be contending otherwise we haven't lived up to potential in 2022. I'm honestly not sure that we will - this might be another year where we learn to be more consistent and stand up when the chips are down, but if that's the case I agree that the season will have been a failure.

The pundits don't think we'll get there, and that's fine. They don't pay too close attention to our progress or our squad and they pay a lot of attention to the Vic teams to the point where they're overly bullish in the same way that we probably are.

Internally we are setting the expectation of challenging - we can't win flags by 2025 if we're not around finals by the end of this year. Or if we do it will be a very strange way of getting there.

Bring on the pressure, bring on the expectation and bring on the criticism. It's time we played with the big kids again.

Back