Prediction 2022 Prediction Thread (aka Show us whatcha got, Nostradamus)

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Top three in the Doig medal count: 1. Brayshaw 2. Caleb 3. Darcy
Most improved player from last year: Freddy
Best draft rookie: Johnson
Top goal scorer/# goals: Tabs
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Fyfe
Guaranteed to happen: Fremantle to finish 9th with equal points for 7th and 8th place.
Big call: Will Brodie Top Ten Doig Medal
Headline you will read this season: Fyfe overcomes kicking woes to seal win agaisnt Carlton
Headline you will NOT read this season: Macca Nominates Fremantle
Record: 13-9
Ladder position: 9th

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
We absolutely should be contending

Internally we are setting the expectation of challenging - we can't win flags by 2025 if we're not around finals by the end of this year. Or if we do it will be a very strange way of getting there.

Bring on the pressure, bring on the expectation and bring on the criticism. It's time we played with the big kids again.

Melbourne were 9th the year before winning a flag. Richmond were 13th in 2015 the year before rolling the comp and Dogs were 14th in 2014 two years before winning the flag. There are other examples.

I get what you’re saying and agree we should be contending, but it doesn’t mean we’re not going to win a flag by 2025 by a long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Melbourne were 9th the year before winning a flag. Richmond were 13th in 2015 the year before rolling the comp and Dogs were 14th in 2014 two years before winning the flag. There are other examples.

I get what you’re saying and agree we should be contending, but it doesn’t mean we’re not going to win a flag by 2025 by a long shot.

Yep, I agree it's not impossible to get there if we don't contend this year - but it makes it so much less likely if we're not taking a big step forward.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
7-3 is going to be our record after 10 games.

Well, my post didn't age well. Ha! Little did I know Tabs, Darcy, and Fyfe would all be out round one...

I'm not nervous at all...We'll beat the crows...I'm sure of it..really I am...super sure...very confident...very sure...super confident..

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I swear if we are not tearing down the dressing room walls to get out on the park to play Carlton x 2 this year I’m officially done with this club.
The hurt locker should be absolutely stuffed before we play these ba$silly people.
I want to see fire and brimstone from us. No more matey matey bullshit. Take that smirky faced *er Cripps and bury him into the following month. Same with Cerra.
If our boys have any ticker about them at all, if they remotely resemble a serious team, I want to see them absolutely smash these campaigners. Twice. NO excuses - injuries, form, locations, building for the future, Carlton having too much talent, whatever, the crap we have been listening to for the last 6 years. Don’t want to hear them. It’s time now. Just find a way to win.

rubydoomsday

Debutant
Mar 6, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC
We're at a fork in the road. we need to be able to start beating those, big, physical, experienced teams like Geelong if we want to be taken seriously for 'flag by '25'.

i want 2022 to be the montage in a film where the team go from being fresh-faced, green recruits, to a hardened unit of badass MFers working together, kicking ass.

we finish 8th, just making finals. Carlton finish 7th. or the other way 'round.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I swear if we are not tearing down the dressing room walls to get out on the park to play Carlton x 2 this year I’m officially done with this club.
The hurt locker should be absolutely stuffed before we play these ba$silly people.
I want to see fire and brimstone from us. No more matey matey bullshit. Take that smirky faced f***er Cripps and bury him into the following month. Same with Cerra.
If our boys have any ticker about them at all, if they remotely resemble a serious team, I want to see them absolutely smash these campaigners. Twice. NO excuses - injuries, form, locations, building for the future, Carlton having too much talent, whatever, the crap we have been listening to for the last 6 years. Don’t want to hear them. It’s time now. Just find a way to win.
I feel like the old 06 team would make it personal but we don't have enough mongrel players to do that. Our team is too clean. Do you see Henry taking it up to them?

Ok I'll play.

I think this year will see a changing of the guard, Geelong, WC and Richmond in no-mans land, Suns, Carlton and North oh so close.

Top three in the Doig medal count:Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games):Chapman. No, wait, Young. No.. hang on, Switta. Umm.. Still not right. Treacy.
Best draft rookie:Erasmus. Although if we're saying Rookie, has to be Worner
Top goal scorer/# goals:Tabs with 40 (and to satisfy other arguments, Lobb and Treacy w/ 35 each, Walters, Switta with 20 each and Shooter with 30)
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes:Fyfe - as he takes out #3
Guaranteed to happen:Win or lose in the preseason matches, WC supporters will find some way to justify it, or try and neg us.
Big call:Worner becomes the wing we have missed, he made Daicos looks good after all.
Headline you will read this season:Freo forwards on fire
Headline you will NOT read this season:Nic Nat plays 90% game time in upset over...
Record:13/9
Ladder position:7th

View attachment 1331773
Updated ladder

Changes:
Brisbane to 3rd, we pip them for second.
Bombers wind up 17th. Not sure how they recover.
Giants end up 12th. 4th to Geelong, who have an easy run home.
Port just miss out on the 8 after a poor start, same as dogs.
Richmond playing better than expected. Carlton to drop a few and fall a bit. Suns to sneak in for a historic first finals berth.

1652753470210.png

Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
Well, my post didn't age well. Ha! Little did I know Tabs, Darcy, and Fyfe would all be out round one...

I'm not nervous at all...We'll beat the crows...I'm sure of it..really I am...super sure...very confident...very sure...super confident..

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF
Mate, I hope your 7-3 call is wrong.

Which is such a weird thing to say.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mate, I hope your 7-3 call is wrong.

Which is such a weird thing to say.

Looks like I nailed it. I’m actually pleased with our record so far. Our next 10 games I doubt we’ll go 7-3 but for a young building side I totally expect some bad games (suns and pies). I understand most aren’t happy with our recent performances but I still stand by my preseason prediction to finish 7th on the ladder. I think we’re tracking about right.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Top three in the Doig medal count: Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy
Most improved player from last year (who played a minimum of 5 games): Crowden
Best draft rookie: Johnson
Top goal scorer/# goals: Taberner
Freo player with the most Brownlow votes: Fyfe