Training 2022 Men’s Preseason Thread - New training reports - 15/3

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Gleeson out
Rance in

Love seeing a few leaders around. Obviously the future captains like Ridley and McGrath

But:
J.Kelly - vocal and bar setter on longer distance
Hind - Very vocal and probably even more so this year now he's settled
Parish
Rance (Even though it's meant to be as a coach)

I'm preying for this to be Francis time, but he's been talked up every PS for a while now. Hope he's at the next level fitness wise and we don't put a line through him down back

Training update 10/11

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Courtesy of Nackers on Blitz: A few players have also been seen back training for a few weeks already, including Bryan who’s put on a bit more bulk, Francis and Stringer, who according to reports is in even better condition than last year, and has been doing a lot of extra work during the off season.

Stringerrr.

Our training session made the news in Canberra! First time I can remember a mid week story for us up here and its a positive one. Vax champs!

Meanwhile Carlton got a serve.

It's nice.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
View attachment 1277674

I spy:
1st-5th: Caldwell, Hind, Durham, Cox, Perkins, Reid, Brand, Baldwin, Waterman, Hird, Jones – injured, Bryan, Ham, Guelfi, Zerk-Thatcher
6th+: Kelly, McGrath, Ridley, Clarke (delisted), Parish, Francis, Heppell

Absent:
1st-5th: Eyre, Snelling, McBride - Ireland?
6th+: Wright, Cutler, Phillips, Stringer, Smith, Stewart, Draper, Redman, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Langford, Laverde, Merrett, Hurley - injured

There are some 6th+ that I can hardly believe are in their 6th year of footy... We have like two players left that we acquired prior to 2013 on our list (Heppell and Hurley), all of the other senior players were traded in more recently.
Eyre and Brand both could be seen in the promo video the club did with Jones, so they are there in some capacity?

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Anyone know why Parish is in the modified group?
Trying to hold him back as much as possible i think

Dont want him to overload and burn out. Carried a huge load last year with Zac

Thats just what i reckon without knowing exactly, he might have an injury but i didnt hear of any off season surgery?

Training photos 15/11
A bit of stuff I found floating around Twitter.

A lot more pics and a couple more vids floating around on those two accounts, I’ve already done a lot of cutting and pasting though so if you want to look at more just click onto the links.

Training update 17/11
Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
1637112641533.png

I have noticed in the pre-season footage that our players look stronger which I thought we've thoroughly lacked in years gone by. Good to see.
Been nervous to do so since ASADA

Back