Training 2022 Men’s Preseason Thread - New training reports - 15/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at training this morning and Rance won pretty much all the running drills, looked a million bucks , not sure an assistant coach has ever done a full pre-season before
I don't know whether that's good or bad.

Excellent for him and his standards for the boys, but a bloke who's spent a solid amount of time out of the game and in his 30s, coming off an ACL, clocking our players doesn't sit right.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Excellent for him and his standards for the boys, but a bloke who's spent a solid amount of time out of the game and in his 30s, coming off an ACL, clocking our players doesn't sit right.

We ran out games fairly well last year for a young team, I think Sean Murphy has been good since he's come in.

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
99B019E5-80EB-48C2-975E-5964C44694C4.jpeg

ILikeCheese

Senior List
Apr 24, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Any chance they could sign Rance to the VFL for a player/coaching role? Looks like he’s training to play, competitive juices are flowing being back in the club environment…

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Any chance they could sign Rance to the VFL for a player/coaching role? Looks like he’s training to play, competitive juices are flowing being back in the club environment…
Hes a part time coach in the AFL

Hes not interested in playing and i dont think hes interested in game day either as he has other commitments on the weekends although that may just be one of the 2 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Was at training this morning and Rance won pretty much all the running drills, looked a million bucks , not sure an assistant coach has ever done a full pre-season before
Id say that is very concerning

Id also say our list at the moment doesnt really have any great endurance runners

Perkins almost won the 2km time trial says a fair bit

We lost Ambrose, D.Clarke and Cahill. N.Cox i believe injured

Most clubs have a sub 6min/2km guy our only one is currently injured at the moment, id say the next best would be a bit behind that ie Snelling

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I wasn't following footy close enough to know back then, but wasn't Dean Rioli scrutinised for his weight a bit later in his career before going on to silence the critics?

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wasn't following footy close enough to know back then, but wasn't Dean Rioli scrutinised for his weight a bit later in his career before going on to silence the critics?

Dean just had one of those body types who couldn't slim down

Would have played his career over 100kg

ILikeCheese

Senior List
Apr 24, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Hes a part time coach in the AFL

Hes not interested in playing and i dont think hes interested in game day either as he has other commitments on the weekends although that may just be one of the 2 days

Fair enough, figured he may not be interested in the AFL commitments and responsibilities but could step into a VFL game when it suits. Correct me if I’m wrong but thought I read somewhere his part time development role finishes up early in the new year.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Rance was pretty adamant he's not going back to playing. He doesn't have the fitness base to run out a game nor is he inclined to do the work to maintain a fitness base at that level, has other things he wants to do with his life. His role at Essendon is part-time through the pre-season, it's not even a full-time gig.

Bring him in.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Don't forget he's a mormon ....so has never been a drinker. Even with the ACL his body is probably 27 LOL.

As an aside I used to play footy with some mormon boys who weren't yet married. The juice building up inside them as a result of their chastity led to endless on field fist fights with the oppo. Everyone needs a wrestle of some kind I guess. Plus I think they ate a lot of lollies.

kleanr

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't forget he's a mormon ....so has never been a drinker. Even with the ACL his body is probably 27 LOL.

As an aside I used to play footy with some mormon boys who weren't yet married. The juice building up inside them as a result of their chastity led to endless on field fist fights with the oppo. Everyone needs a wrestle of some kind I guess. Plus I think they ate a lot of lollies.

The 'disco' type of lollies? or just plain old bag of sugar?

nesko_25

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2006
In a cave
AFL Club
Essendon
Last year he signed with Seymour in the Goulburn Valley FL. They've also signed Mick Hartley - couple of handy key posts if they both play!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back