2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

longtimecat

All Australian
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I was at training yesterday, usual suspects dominated the run, Blicavs, Miers , Smith. Knevitt impressed during the training drills, I heard coaches comment on his running patterns. The boys are on holidays now so not much to report. Saw Jack Henry in a moon boot which is not good news. Merry Christmas everyone, I’ll be back at training sessions in the New Year.

I was at training yesterday, usual suspects dominated the run, Blicavs, Miers , Smith. Knevitt impressed during the training drills, I heard coaches comment on his running patterns. The boys are on holidays now so not much to report. Saw Jack Henry in a moon boot which is not good news. Merry Christmas everyone, I’ll be back at training sessions in the New Year.

Not ideal

But at least it explains why he was he was commenting on social media video during the run rather than participating in it

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Knevitt impressing coaches... it would seem , just like Holmes, we might see him year1.

Last edited:

crocsta

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I would like to know the last three players in the 15 minute run. My guess would be Sav, Hawkins, Conway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know the last three players in the 15 minute run. My guess would be Sav, Hawkins, Conway

Constable, Horlin-Smith...

😉

Not a fair grouping, HS could run he just couldn't sprint
True

Sorry GHS - actually didn't mind him, thought he played some good games and could have played more of drafted to a different team from the start

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Unless he got lapped which I doubt Sav was Behind Hawkins in all the photos.
If you can’t outrun a 34 year old key forward as a 24 year old key forward you have fitness issues

Unless he got lapped which I doubt Sav was Behind Hawkins in all the photos.
If you can’t outrun a 34 year old key forward as a 24 year old key forward you have fitness issues

While Ratugolea is athletic in certain ways, such as his leap, he's not someone I'd describe as an athlete or as having endurance

Wouldn't surprise me if he was in the back half of the group

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
While Ratugolea is athletic in certain ways, such as his leap, he's not someone I'd describe as an athlete or as having endurance

Wouldn't surprise me if he was in the back half of the group
Maybe something he should work on, most likely the reason he goes missing every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

In my view, only reason why Ratugolea has made it to the AFL is because of his athletic genes. At 108kg and over 6ft'6 in height, you only get a very small handful of such athletes in this sport. His quick first step is exceptional. His vertical leap is probably the best at the club. I am sure he would be a leader of a few strength tests such as legs and chest.
One of those human beings you walk past and think to yourself "damn, what a beast". He's built like a Greek God.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I'm just here for the eventual Lincoln McCarthy comments

Do you undertake to provide the reality check when the spurious claim that Brisbane somehow 'got him right' is made here yet again?

That one truly never gets old.

:rolleyes:

May 8, 2006
Melborne
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you undertake to provide the reality check when the spurious claim that Brisbane somehow 'got him right' is made here yet again?

That one truly never gets old.

:rolleyes:

I’m glad to proudly (fool hardy or otherwise) out myself as a card carrying member of the ‘Lions revived Linc’ party! (Think I hear the guns being cocked already).

Happy to be reminded that Linc was showing signs of (finally) coming good year before leaving - but you have to agree the Lions have kept him on the park since he arrived so are doing something right. (Hope this at least provides more chuckles that eye rolling).

Anyway think we all agree that with the number of soft tissue challenges on our list last year it is good thing to bring in new expertise to our fitness team.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I’m glad to proudly (fool hardy or otherwise) out myself in the ‘Lions revived Linc’.

Happy to be reminded that Linc was showing signs of (finally) coming good year before leaving - but you have to agree the Lions have kept him on the park since he arrived so are doing something right. (Hope this at least provides more chuckles that eye rolling).

Anyway think we all agree that with the number of soft tissue challenges on our list last year it is good thing to bring in new expertise to our fitness team.

I agree that the Lions have built on the solid foundation of regular footy that we had established for Linc in the season before he left the Cats.:D

And I also agree that I'm very pleased to see the club turning to a successful professional from another AFL club to enhance our off-field team.

After all, it makes a pleasant change from our supposedly rapacious desire to just provide cosy 'jobs for the boys' from here until eternity.:rolleyes:

Hopefully its short term and he is ready for round 1. We are very light on for key defender depth if henry is out injured for any length of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back