2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to put too much into a player who has essentially failed at two other clubs. But Stengle looks like a player who will a lot straight into best 22 and perform. He just has all the attributes we’ve been looking for in a small forward. Miers and Close are good young players and will be great assets to the forward line for many years. But Stengle potentially offers something that combines both aspects needed for a modern small forward.
He didn't really fail at Richmond, he was traded at his own request because he wanted to go to SA. Tigers wanted him to stay. The boy's got talent, hope he makes it for you.

Can we trust your notes? lol i don't want peoples notes who think Holmes is very vanilla, how can you trust them
I don't think Holmes is vanilla. I think he needs some polishing but has aggression for the contest and gets involved at a level well above his playing weight.

In any case, my notes will just be "cats premiers 2022" regardless of whether we look like a well oiled machine or a greasy shambles

I don't think Holmes is vanilla. I think he needs some polishing but has aggression for the contest and gets involved at a level well above his playing weight.

In any case, my notes will just be "cats premiers 2022" regardless of whether we look like a well oiled machine or a greasy shambles
Cats lose: Lulling the opposition into a false sense of security, Cats flag incoming.
Cats win: Asserting dominance early, Cats flag incoming.

He didn't really fail at Richmond, he was traded at his own request because he wanted to go to SA. Tigers wanted him to stay. The boy's got talent, hope he makes it for you.
I’m a big fan just saying it hasn’t worked out for him at two clubs already. Positive spin is that he’s realised he needs to make the most of this chance. But that flip side could be that it doesn’t.
Hopefully he gets a chance to play a lot of games this year and cement a spot.

I'm just hoping Cooper Stephens gets a good run at it. You'll all see why I've hyped him up so much after watching his junior career. Give this kid 40-50 games and I'm confident he's going to be a fairly good player for this club.

Just want him to stay fit..and let the chip fall where they may. My bet is a fit CS will build into be a very solid player.

Locked? For practice match ? What happened last year something about membership numbers to watch the game?
I received a email from the club with an KAYO code in it for 7 free months (or something like that). I don't think I have received one as yet (although will have to double check my email folder).

I can not remember who the ones are that think Holmes is useless but they should not be on bigfooty

I can not remember who the ones are that think Holmes is useless but they should not be on bigfooty
That and people being absolutely certain that Cooper Stephens is a bust, based on the zero minutes anyone has seen him play since basically 2018

To be fair those ones, it's actually a full 5 seconds of a training montage, and it to be honest, it wasn't pretty.
Yeah I'm still rounding those seconds down to zero minutes.

If you can put together 31 seconds of footage I'll round up to one minute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we see Sat.

Carlton V StKilda trial game today... that is locked ..so Im not confident.

I just logged into my kayo account (only got the freebies version) and it's showing as locked for me as well as replays for the other preseason matches

That's crap - thought it was meant to be free viewing

Wow, just jumped on Kayo to see Melbourne smashed North 132 - 44... GET ON THE DEES, THEY'RE GOING B2B!

(I'm pretty sure that's how we do this in Feb/Mar, right?)
Also blues beat saints, must be top 4 this year. Here comes the blues fans

Wow, just jumped on Kayo to see Melbourne smashed North 132 - 44... GET ON THE DEES, THEY'RE GOING B2B!

(I'm pretty sure that's how we do this in Feb/Mar, right?)

Ordinarily no one would give a damn. but because it is the reigning premiers, who already have a young list, welcomed back Tomlinson, they are very much the team to beat in 2022 & beyond.

Any one been on Cats site a bit on Whyte looks good in couple of bits, and Neale only beat Sav in the ruck but was a good tap....as for Sav he better get bloody good in the forward line, or he will be left in the VFL.

Ordinarily no one would give a damn. but because it is the reigning premiers, who already have a young list, welcomed back Tomlinson, they are very much the team to beat in 2022 & beyond.

Don't they know the danger of peaking too early?

They are the new hunted, no doubt at that. But it'll be interesting to see if another team pulls a "Demons" and comes from nowhere this year - even if they don't win the whole she-bang.

Carlton could have the list to do that - though perhaps not to the same extent. In any case, it'll be Dogs, Demons, and probably 1-2 other teams in the hunt.

Don't they know the danger of peaking too early?

They are the new hunted, no doubt at that. But it'll be interesting to see if another team pulls a "Demons" and comes from nowhere this year - even if they don't win the whole she-bang.

Carlton could have the list to do that - though perhaps not to the same extent. In any case, it'll be Dogs, Demons, and probably 1-2 other teams in the hunt.
This isn't footy from a decade ago where you could take out players and manipulate rules to your advantage as we saw from previous dominant teams on the rise.
This is bruise free football. If you are able to manage player recoveries and get a good run with injuries, you can go on winning streaks much more effectively than in any other era.
We saw the same thing with Richmond who kept their list in great shape and we will see it with Melbourne.

As for Carlton, lol, not even close.
They make the finals but win a flag? Not for a long time yet.

Said at the time we drafted him, that Whyte could be the best of the lot if given the chance - and boy does it look like it from those highlights. What really surprised me, was when Sel tried to go around him, and he was having none of it and tackled him to the ground - that is focus and intent very early on.

Knevitt got all the plaudits in his draft year, and Jhye Clark is the star of the future that I definitely suspect we'll go after this year, but, it was really Whyte that went under the radar and showed he was the most likely to play early if given a chance. Very composed in traffic and good disposal, plus a good head on his shoulders and tough as nails for his size - really excited to see him in one of the practice matches (hopefully). Gonna surprise a lot of people IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back