goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
So the countdown to 2022 begins, with some (very) early news on the training front from a non-compulsory session held this week...

A large contingent of Cats hit GMHBA Stadium on Friday morning for a non compulsory session with coach Nigel Lappin.

Tom Stewart trained strongly after his season-ending Lisfranc injury in a sight that will delight Cats fans.

Jeremy Cameron moved freely as the Cats ran laps of the ground and completed ball movement drills.

Third-year Cat Cooper Stephens looks to have put a rough run of injuries behind him, also impressing.

Happy with all of that 'news'. Stewart already up and about is a great outcome. And Cooper putting in a huge preseason would be fantastic.

Given how our season ended, it's hard to believe I'm saying this. But already can't wait for footy to return in 2022.

So who's tearing it up already?

Tearing it up or training 'it' (the house, of course) down? Choose your own fashionable yet truly odd metaphor, friends.

And then apply it to your favourite player (or presumed smoky) for maximum psychological impact. After all, why settle for being May premiers when we can actually clinch next year's flag in March?

:cool:

Wait for the usual wankfest about Blicavs' breaking all the time trials and Dahlhaus looking in the best shape of his career.
you don’t actually have to contribute negatively. It’s not a requirement to be part of the forum.

It’s good to see some actually footy starting up as it’s been a dull few weeks without any news.

Wait for the usual wankfest about Blicavs' breaking all the time trials and Dahlhaus looking in the best shape of his career.

Except that it's been a good 5/6 years since we've seen those sort of articles about Blicavs since the club stopped with the time trials as part of the preseason

Maybe try to keep up with things - if you're going to be negative, at least try to be relevant with the negativity

Except that it's been a good 5/6 years since we've seen those sort of articles about Blicavs since the club stopped with the time trials as part of the preseason

Maybe try to keep up with things - if you're going to be negative, at least try to be relevant with the negativity

Sorry, I meant to say it will be riveting to hear about Blicavs killing it this summer on the training track and the likes of Selwood, Dahlhaus and Higgins poised for redemption :thumbsu:

Tearing it up or training 'it' (the house, of course) down? Choose your own fashionable yet truly odd metaphor, friends.

And then apply it to your favourite player (or presumed smoky) for maximum psychological impact. After all, why settle for being May premiers when we can actually clinch next year's flag in March?

:cool:

The only preseason training news I believe, is exactly the news I DON"T want to hear. :cautiousv1: The rest is fluff.
Don't mind seeing the trials times or how much certain players have muscled up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time trials were run in 2019 weren't they just a victim of covit? won't surprise me to see them back this season.

Last edited:
So the countdown to 2022 begins, with some (very) early news on the training front from a non-compulsory session held this week...

Happy with all of that 'news'. Stewart already up and about is a great outcome. And Cooper putting in a huge preseason would be fantastic.

Given how our season ended, it's hard to believe I'm saying this. But already can't wait for footy to return in 2022.
Do you actually care?
Unless you're in the loop you'll have no idea.

The only area I believe people care about is players who are on delayed pre seasons.

I'm more interested in my son doing preseason. Started last week. Still sore. Doing a one on one with the coach tomorrow.
He will never make afl or even VFL. But he's now 183cm at 14 and 4 months.
All I care about is that our kids now get the chance to get out and go for it.

Geelong will be what it will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back