Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

If Clark is playing HBF where does Chapman slot in short term? Logue, Cox, Ryan, Pearce and Young are locks round 1 if fit IMO. Chapman is in a group of 6 or 7 players fighting for that final spot down back.

You'd think he'd find a way to force himself in given what we saw briefly last year, the guy looks like he can football.

Defence is looking pretty stacked, but not sure if Clark really changes the equation for Chapman, in my mind Clark is more impacting Aish/Tucker/Wilson/Walker.

As to where it is a hard question, I would have said HF as the best alternative but now there's actually some competition there too - Frederick, Erasmus, Sturt, Banfield, maybe even Johnson.

I guess we'll just have to see what preseason injuries we're dealt.

If Clark is playing HBF where does Chapman slot in short term? Logue, Cox, Ryan, Pearce and Young are locks round 1 if fit IMO. Chapman is in a group of 6 or 7 players fighting for that final spot down back.
Ridiculous having a first round draft pick as a depth hbf-er*. Reportedly Chapman practising goal kicking at training.

Walker also had a really good bunch of games, but wouldn't be a lock just yet.

HBF has been a great place to debut players, and would be ideal for Johnson.

Ridiculous having a first round draft pick as a depth hbf-er*. Reportedly Chapman practising goal kicking at training.

Walker also had a really good bunch of games, but wouldn't be a lock just yet.

HBF has been a great place to debut players, and would be ideal for Johnson.
I'm really interested to know where Chapman does the majority of his preseason, I'm convinced they dont plan on keeping him down back

I swear i read someones report on here that he was doing goal kicking. Could we see him as a forward 🙂

clack to the hbf, hmm does that mean chapman to the wing
Not really sure, but that would be damn interesting.

Worner looks pretty developed already and Aish, Tucker, Frederick, Walker and Henry all have potential there. It is also where Johnson may debut. Where do Western and O'Driscoll project?

I would look seriously at Chapman on a wing, has pace, good kick and good mark. Good size as well. Just a thought.
If Sturt is still unavailable I would like to see Chapman playing as a medium forward. He is taller than normal, but has the mobility and athleticism, and can tackle.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were Amiss & Erasmus interviewed yesterday on their first day? I have seen the interviews with Benning & Johnson but haven't seen anything from Amiss & Erasmus.

If Sturt is still unavailable I would like to see Chapman playing as a medium forward. He is taller than normal, but has the mobility and athleticism, and can tackle.
I like this idea, particularly if he can rotate into the mid to give Fyfe and others a rest up forward. The issue I have when our mids go forward is they aren't great defensively, amd only Mundy is reliable as a kick on goal. If Chappy can become a genuine goal threat, with his defensive prowess he shapes up to be a matchup nightmare.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like this idea, particularly if he can rotate into the mid to give Fyfe and others a rest up forward. The issue I have when our mids go forward is they aren't great defensively, amd only Mundy is reliable as a kick on goal. If Chappy can become a genuine goal threat, with his defensive prowess he shapes up to be a matchup nightmare.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we put him in the right position he is a mismatch waiting to happen.

Heath Chapman is a really important piece to our premiership puzzle down back. He is a legitimate intercept defender in the mould of Jake Lever & I believe can be just as good.
Happy to play him at Peel to begin with, but he will quickly become that intercept defender we need as Ryan seems to be performing better guarding a key forward. I’m all for letting him hone his game down back.

Heath Chapman is a really important piece to our premiership puzzle down back. He is a legitimate intercept defender in the mould of Jake Lever & I believe can be just as good.
Happy to play him at Peel to begin with, but he will quickly become that intercept defender we need as Ryan seems to be performing better guarding a key forward. I’m all for letting him hone his game down back.
Makes me a bit sick to say but I see Heath being our Adam Hunter. Swinging from CHB to CHF as needed.

Minus the ********.

Were Amiss & Erasmus interviewed yesterday on their first day? I have seen the interviews with Benning & Johnson but haven't seen anything from Amiss & Erasmus.
They did a heap of phone interviews the day after their draft, I think the club decided there is no point in them being asked the same questions over and over

https://www.youtube.com/c/DockerTV/videos

Find their multiple interviews on the YT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back