Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Every Wednesday for the foreseeable future according to their sm. I'm assuming some part of their new strategy involves reconnecting with the city

That could very well be true, but I think it would have the double bonus of making the players happier for those that think Cockburn is a shithole. I would guess that many of them live in areas with a pretty long drive to get there (e.g. Bicton is 30 minutes, Cottesloe is 40 minutes). First world problems and I have a longer drive from the hills to the city for my work, but still ...

On a side note, I still don't know why there isn't any proper landscaping with mature plants/trees around the ground? Are they going to build apartments or something like Claremont Oval, so they can't be stuffed making it look like something other than a desolate wasteland?

Is it out of the realm to say Frederick could very well be one of the faces of our team for the future?
Nope, not at all. Serong's impressed. that's enough for me to be looking forward to seeing him out there this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to a podcast with Ryan Daniels and some other fella, and he said Hayden Young is currently having some issues off-field and has had some kind of setback. It’s not injury related apparently. He didn’t think it was too serious but he will be out of action for a few weeks…

That could very well be true, but I think it would have the double bonus of making the players happier for those that think Cockburn is a shithole. I would guess that many of them live in areas with a pretty long drive to get there (e.g. Bicton is 30 minutes, Cottesloe is 40 minutes). First world problems and I have a longer drive from the hills to the city for my work, but still ...

On a side note, I still don't know why there isn't any proper landscaping with mature plants/trees around the ground? Are they going to build apartments or something like Claremont Oval, so they can't be stuffed making it look like something other than a desolate wasteland?

We need someone who goes to the members meeting on this board to raise it, I know the facility is good but the photos make the place look like a bit of a dump!

Can’t be good for player and staff retention, it’s not the most important thing but people like working where it’s just nice.

Just listened to a podcast with Ryan Daniels and some other fella, and he said Hayden Young is currently having some issues off-field and has had some kind of setback. It’s not injury related apparently. He didn’t think it was too serious but he will be out of action for a few weeks…
What’s the podcast? Might give it a go

well that sounds bloody ominous, hopefully not a big deal

On your first point, you would be surprised how many players live in the Cockburn area. Even Fyfe lives in North Coogee whereas in days gone by players on his coin would be in Cottesloe, Bicton, Attadale etc. That isn't to say none are, but it is easier for the players to live close by.

As for your second point, the long term plan has always been for apartments (at least it used to be but I don't know if it still is) but they need to put the power lines underground first. I honestly think at this stage nobody really knows what they are going to do with the land or have any timeline for anything to be completed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back