Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Daniel's on episode 113 of the plus six podcast is required listening. First 13 minutes is regarding the Olympics. Talks about Fremantle from 13.45 minute mark to. Chapman specifically from 32:50. West Coast stuff follows from 33.30. That too is worth a listen if you are a Dockers fan.

Great listen. Thanks for posting. He is bullish on a our young talent overall. Loves O’Driscoll’s potential to play midfield. I also thought his point about how teams might try to limit Young’s touches because of how damaging he is with his foot was really interesting. Makes perfect sense.

Pretty high on Clark making an immediate impact, too. I just love the optimism about the team. The culture we’re building, the players, the coaching staff. Good s**t.

But, did you all catch the new preseason training award Rhino gave out? We already have TTHD (training the house down) but now we have another…. According to the Rhino, Clark wins the award for

Burning
Up
The
Track

Congrats to Clark on winning the inaugural preseason BUTT award.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The galleries up on the Freo website but I honestly don't know why anyone would bother following NGA too closely now. The AFL have ruined it with the new rules. You've now got to develop players to be good enough to be drafted but not too good they are worth better than pick #40, nor speculative enough that they fall out of the main draft because someone will steal them in the PSD before you get an opportunity to Cat B list them.

fu** you AFL, you useless sack of sh*t.
Agree with everything you have said here but I'm curious if Benning was in the top 65 in anyone's mock draft? If he was then Freo have hit the sweetspot that you have indicated between 40 and 65.... If so, well played Freo.

Agree with everything you have said here but I'm curious if Benning was in the top 65 in anyone's mock draft? If he was then Freo have hit the sweetspot that you have indicated between 40 and 65.... If so, well played Freo.

It really doesn't matter where he was rated in mocks. The important thing is that we rated him there and our Intel told us that at least one other club did too.

It really doesn't matter where he was rated in mocks. The important thing is that we rated him there and our Intel told us that at least one other club did too.
I actually asked the wrong question in hindsight. I meant draft rankings - if he was slotted into that range by any external draft watchers. I had a quick look but couldn’t find any that went that deep.

I actually asked the wrong question in hindsight. I meant draft rankings - if he was slotted into that range by any external draft watchers. I had a quick look but couldn’t find any that went that deep.
In my top 60 I had Benning at 49 this year, I could have honestly had him higher but I try not to look too biased with our NGA players so I held him back a tiny bit

From what I can gather off of information I've heard, he was in that 50-60 area for quite a few clubs

The degree of a bargain list inclusion won't be something anyone talks about if Benning turns into the player we would like him to be when we look back at great late picks.

Saying that, if Benning does end up being that player - he will be used as the reason the academies needed to be wound back to protect the integrity of the competition, since Freo got such a bargain with Benning. Even though we straight out picked him.

That's just how it works. Like how Freo traded Matthew Lloyd to Essendon, which never happened.

In my top 60 I had Benning at 49 this year, I could have honestly had him higher but I try not to look too biased with our NGA players so I held him back a tiny bit

From what I can gather off of information I've heard, he was in that 50-60 area for quite a few clubs
Thanks. Hopefully he turns out everything we want him to be and the irony of him being too successful doesn’t negatively impact our future as pointed out by Taylor.

Ryan Daniel's on episode 113 of the plus six podcast is required listening. First 13 minutes is regarding the Olympics. Talks about Fremantle from 13.45 minute mark to. Chapman specifically from 32:50. West Coast stuff follows from 33.30. That too is worth a listen if you are a Dockers fan.

Love how big he is on most of our young'uns, but he was pretty scathing on Brodie. I suppose shouldn't be surprised given he came to us as the steak knives in an inter-club debt acquisition, but it doesn't sound like he's doing a good job of pushing his claim for a spot in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how big he is on most of our young'uns, but he was pretty scathing on Brodie. I suppose shouldn't be surprised given he came to us as the steak knives in an inter-club debt acquisition, but it doesn't sound like he's doing a good job of pushing his claim for a spot in the middle.

what did he have to say about Brodie?

what did he have to say about Brodie?
He said he doesn't look like he is conditioned as what a 5th year player should and that he looks like he has a similar body type to when drafted - he doesn't view players like this as being very successful.

He said the same about Valente.

He said he doesn't look like he is conditioned as what a 5th year player should and that he looks like he has a similar body type to when drafted - he doesn't view players like this as being very successful.

He said the same about Valente.
Same was said many times about Mundy.

No cox, didn't notice Aish and Willo jogging laps.
Lobb trained.
Fyfe looking good , in rehab group.
Might have just been me but as a group they all look trimmer. ( ok, not the younger ones).
Most of the under 4s moved off the ground and the main group did some somewhat light drills.
A tip for any one picking teams, think the need for speed. It's obvious that we will be trying to do.
Almost every drill is about getting the ball to a runner and moving straight down the guts at speed. Hope there is a plan B.
I've got to get back to work now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back