Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to recall a post or article which claimed the benefits of training in the heat were akin to training at altitude.

Does anyone know?

Yes that is correct, it’s related to the degree of stress the body is put under and performing under that stress.

I know a marathon runner who trains under that scenario.

Trick is to train within strict guidelines so the body can back up and do it again and again, rather than blow it up.

I wouldn't have thought there is a physical benefit from training in heat, altitude definitely in terms of the oxygen available.

Perhaps the benefit is more in building mental fortitude.

It's best to practice skills in environments as closely replicated to the target environment as much as possible. It's a positive effect found not just in sports psychology but other areas of cognitive psychology as well.

I just want to say thank you to all the training watchers giving reports. I love all the pics and reports. Keep it up. You guys are the best!

I just want to say I hate all of you training watchers. I am so jealous that I’ll never be able to watch training and then wonder around Fremantle for lunch and coffee. You guys are the worst!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few observations outside of main training.
Boys love LeCras. He worked one on one with a few guys in the pocket. Shooter practising his around the corner from boundary line listened to every word.
Boyd is a tough Buggar. Didn’t take any crap in any drills he was in charge of.
Guys respect though. Also He worked for about 15 mins with Johnston and Erasmus on their tackling skills. Graham already made an difference with goal kicking at least at training.
At his end boys kicked 40.16 with everyone having 2 shots.
Only new injury was Treacy. Doesn’t seem too serious. Came out of main group complaining of left groin strain and went to the rehab running group, with Fyfe, Shooter, Wilson, Freddy, Aish, Amiss, and few others. Fyfe looks amazing.
Tabs and Pearse did some kicking before and after but spent most of the session in the weights room.
Valente seemed in good spirits.
Sorry, but who is Shooter?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think i read somewhere Gill saying they will avoid sending vic teams to perth in the first month next year due to possible border closures still
that’d be dumb, given if we have border closures by then, we’d likely be locking out everyone else as they all reopen up so there wouldn’t be a difference between Carlton and Port for getting into the state.

Attachments

• IMG20211210111116.jpg
    IMG20211210111116.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 462
  • IMG20211210105649.jpg
    IMG20211210105649.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 447
  • IMG20211210105646.jpg
    IMG20211210105646.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 398
  • IMG20211210104919.jpg
    IMG20211210104919.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG20211210104443.jpg
    IMG20211210104443.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 354
I managed to get down for the last 40 minutes (approx). There was a continued emphasis on moving the footy with spread and speed from half back and then connecting with forwards. From this it seemed O'Driscoll and Clark stood out for me - both got quite a bit of the ball and Clark in particular used it well, hitting both long and short targets. O'Driscoll ran hard up and down the wing and seemed to be primarily used as a defensive winger. Chapman was also useful around the ground and took a couple of intercept marks (in a pack flying in from the side).

Other general observations:
1.Wilson ran a tonne of laps
2. Fyfe and Tabs continued to train in rehab group. Treacy also appeared to be in the rehab group, but did quite a bit of running and looks very fit.
3.Serong was wearing an orange hat and ran a number of laps. He certainly looks well built now. Speaking of orange hats, Valente was also wearing one. He did get some ball, but looks so slow. I was/am a fan of Valente, but think he is going to have too much competition to break through at freo.
4. Hayden Young was in the rehab group, but looks bigger across the shoulders, arms and legs. Walker was also in the rehab group.
5. Johnson and amiss were held back somewhat, but you can certainly see Johnson's smooth running ability. Amiss is as advertised - he doesn't miss a set shot! He is however still quite slight.
6. Erasmus appears to be in more full training than his fellow draftees and in the aforementioned drills he didn't look out of place, although he did make an error kicking into F50, which moose seized upon.
7. Hamling appeared to be in full training and Pearce completed most of the training and did some running when not in full training.
8. Didn't really notice Joel western, whom it seemed couldn't get near it in the drills today. He still appears quite slight. Liam Henry is another interesting one...he still has this "too cool for school" approach, which I can't stand. Seems to cruise around and not give 110 percent as much as he should on occasion - perhaps this is a maturity thing?
9. Meek took a couple of clunks, which was promising, however, he wasn't opposed to Darcy at the time (who was doing some running).

That's about it, but if there are any questions, I will try to answer as best I can.

Last edited:
I managed to get down for the last 40 minutes (approx). There was a continued emphasis on moving the footy with spread and speed from half back and then connecting with forwards. From this it seemed O'Driscoll and Clark stood out for me - both got quite a bit of the ball and Clark in particular used it well, hitting both long and short targets. O'Driscoll ran hard up and down the wing and seemed to be primarily used as a defensive winger. Chapman was also useful around the ground and took a couple of intercept marks (in a pack flying in from the side).

Other general observations:
1.Wilson ran a tonne of laps
2. Fyfe and Tabs continued to train in rehab group. Treacy also appeared to be in the rehab group, but did quite a bit of running and looks very fit.
3.Serong was wearing an orange hat and ran a number of laps. He certainly looks well built now. Speaking of orange hats, Valente was also wearing one. He did get some ball, but looks so slow. I was/am a fan of Valente, but think he is going to have too much competition to break through at freo.
4. Hayden Young was in the rehab group, but looks bigger across the shoulders, arms and legs. Walker was also in the rehab group.
5. Johnson and amiss were held back somewhat, but you can certainly see Johnson's smooth running ability. Amiss is as advertised - he doesn't miss a set shot! He is however still quite slight.
6. Erasmus appears to be in more full training than his fellow draftees and in the aforementioned drills he didn't look out of place, although he did make an error kicking into F50, which moose seized upon.
7. Hamling appeared to be in full training and Pearce completed most of the training and did some running when not in full training.
8. Didn't really notice Joel western, whom it seemed couldn't get near it in the drills today. He still appears quite slight. Liam Henry is another interesting one...he still has this "too cool for school" approach, which I can't stand. Seems to cruise around and not give 110 percent as much as he should on occasion - perhaps this is a maturity thing?
9. Meek took a couple of clunks, which was promising, however, he wasn't opposed to Darcy at the time (who was doing some running).

That's about it, but if there are any questions, I will try to answer as best I can.
Erasmus would be learning so much right now.

Quality write up thank you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back