Training 2022 Training Reports

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep.

And Meek has got some toe (or NOD is slow as treacle)

Same issue that guys like Suban had and Tucker has - they have no right foot, so Meek knows he's going to have to cut in and he can close the angles. If Nathan had a right foot Meek would have got nowhere near him. How do guys get to this level without being proficient on both sides? We were taught that in under 7s.

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Same issue that guys like Suban had and Tucker has - they have no right foot, so Meek knows he's going to have to cut in and he can close the angles. If Nathan had a right foot Meek would have got nowhere near him. How do guys get to this level without being proficient on both sides? We were taught that in under 7s.
Footy focuses more on athletes, running power etc rather than skills now

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
What, just a kick or did he take part?
I missed the first half of training, he may have done the time trials, but he watched some of the second half and had a few kicks.
If he didn't do the time trial, he was probably was doing work behind closed doors .

Ok, I wasn't going to do a pointless training report because I missed the best half and the second half was just basic drills.

As we all know, Brodie is a big boy by any standards. While I didn't see it, he apparently did a hard tackle on Treacy. It was on the far side of the ground and the playing group near by made a heap of noise.
However I did see him kick 60 m goal with ease.

Clark moved well, and with Western and Chapman was still doing drills after training.
They were doing loose ball and side stepping kicking drills.
Clark can kick but Chapman was really sharp.
Chapman does look taller (?).
Just a quick word about Serong. He is going to be a superstar. He is so intense, all business, first off the track for a drink, first back on the field. s**t example I know but it's hard to explain. Fyle like.
Young is fulling out nicely
Good to see Hamling out and about.

20211122_104819.jpg

🔨 and Ric training for Dancing With the Stars.
20211122_110500.jpg

20211122_112219.jpg
20211122_112510.jpg
20211122_113319.jpg

Meek working hard.

I took about 10 photos of Valente, however my phone
forcibly taken and all picture may or may not have been deleted.

Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle
How'd Will Brodie go in the time trials? Asking for a friend

Brodie looks a monster in some of the Insta stories. Really hope a new environment is the trigger to recapture some of his pre-draft talent.
View attachment 1285480
Pretty sure I saw him puffing there, is it too late to give GC 19 and Brodie back?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Great to see Sam Sturt out on the track. Did he run the trial? Looks lean

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty sure I saw him puffing there, is it too late to give GC 19 and Brodie back?
We shouldn't have to wait too long for those calls... he's not a great kick so I'm sure he'll do some monster inside clearance work in his first game in purple but that'll be ignored when he fluffs some kick and a few will be calling for his head.

Back