Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

A few observations outside of main training.
Boys love LeCras. He worked one on one with a few guys in the pocket. Shooter practising his around the corner from boundary line listened to every word.
Boyd is a tough Buggar. Didn’t take any crap in any drills he was in charge of.
Guys respect though. Also He worked for about 15 mins with Johnston and Erasmus on their tackling skills. Graham already made an difference with goal kicking at least at training.
At his end boys kicked 40.16 with everyone having 2 shots.
Only new injury was Treacy. Doesn’t seem too serious. Came out of main group complaining of left groin strain and went to the rehab running group, with Fyfe, Shooter, Wilson, Freddy, Aish, Amiss, and few others. Fyfe looks amazing.
Tabs and Pearse did some kicking before and after but spent most of the session in the weights room.
Valente seemed in good spirits.

A few observations outside of main training.
Boys love LeCras. He worked one on one with a few guys in the pocket. Shooter practising his around the corner from boundary line listened to every word.
Boyd is a tough Buggar. Didn’t take any crap in any drills he was in charge of.
Guys respect though. Also He worked for about 15 mins with Johnston and Erasmus on their tackling skills. Graham already made an difference with goal kicking at least at training.
At his end boys kicked 40.16 with everyone having 2 shots.
Only new injury was Treacy. Doesn’t seem too serious. Came out of main group complaining of left groin strain and went to the rehab running group, with Fyfe, Shooter, Wilson, Freddy, Aish, Amiss, and few others. Fyfe looks amazing.
Tabs and Pearse did some kicking before and after but spent most of the session in the weights room.
Valente is a spirit.
Great report...just made a minor tweak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have thought there is a physical benefit from training in heat, altitude definitely in terms of the oxygen available.

Perhaps the benefit is more in building mental fortitude.

So with utter respect to snuff i tried to get something for his “Adventures” stories. I was sitting in the Sth Freo member stand watching the boys when Belly came out. Had a bit of a chat and then he went back inside. So I thought stuff it. “Hey Belly. Huge favour! any chance you would have you photo taken with your collar popped”
Explained why and he thought it was funny but respectfully declined.
Worth a try😜

I just think Amiss is still a kid, who hasn't played against men and needs to be given a little time - this was evident when he went body on body against Pearce in training on Monday. He is certainly not a manchild like Treacy. Still think he will be a very good player.
Gold Coast desperately needed talls after Tom lynch leaving and a few others. Playing King fast track his development.
Amiss isn’t coming into the same environment. Treacy and Sturt can provide cover for Tabs and Lobb. It’s a good thing

Last edited:
Gold Coast desperately needed y’all’s after Tom lynch leaving and a few others. Playing King fast track his development.
Amiss isn’t coming into the same environment. Treacy and Sturt can provide cover for Tabs and Lobb. It’s a good thing
The Alabama Football League?

Id agree that Amiss should play some senior footy this year. Pretty much all top 10 picks play at some stage in year one. I’m sure he’ll get 3 or 4 games at some point during the season at the very least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back