Resource 2022 Provisional AFL Draft Order - Complete to the end of trade period!

See OP for details: click here

For the future pick tracker: click here

To embed this elsewhere on the forum please copy and paste the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1--fyO9tvOZ1a2l5hlIkc_jpb87U092WFnWfYr2t7D48[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Nice work mate. Great resource. The Geel Freo Clark trade is the wrong way. We have 52 and they have 70
Sharp eyes, thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 10.15.34.png

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Hello Lore,

Collingwood don't have pick 57 (Gold Coast 4th rounder). That was traded to Hawthorn in the Max Lynch deal.

I believe Collingwood should have pick 50 not 51 as that was Brisbane's 3rd rounder, also received part of the Max Lynch trade.

Happy to be corrected if I have that wrong.

Hello Lore,

Collingwood don't have pick 57 (Gold Coast 4th rounder). That was traded to Hawthorn in the Max Lynch deal.

I believe Collingwood should have pick 50 not 51 as that was Brisbane's 3rd rounder, also received part of the Max Lynch trade.

Happy to be corrected if I have that wrong.
Getting some serious deja vu rn.

Max Lynch (Collingwood), future 3rd (tied to Fremantle) and future 4th (tied to Gold Coast) traded to Hawthorn for two future 3rd round picks (Bris & Haw)

View attachment 1259726

Yep 57 (Gold Coast's 4th) should have gone to Hawthorn, fixed. Somehow I wrote it in the thread and didn't do it in the sheet 🤔 I wonder if I moved a different pick instead that's also wrong...

Pick 51 is the pick tied to Brisbane so that one is right. Pick 50 is the Dogs' original pick.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.51.43.png

I'll double check these a bit later and see if there's something else in the wrong spot.

Getting some serious deja vu rn.

Yep 57 (Gold Coast's 4th) should have gone to Hawthorn, fixed. Somehow I wrote it in the thread and didn't do it in the sheet 🤔 I wonder if I moved a different pick instead that's also wrong...

Pick 51 is the pick tied to Brisbane so that one is right. Pick 50 is the Dogs' original pick.

View attachment 1260190

I'll double check these a bit later and see if there's something else in the wrong spot.
tbf - those last few hours were INTENSE... :p

tbf - those last few hours were INTENSE... :p
Not so much with trades coming through but trying to simultaneously moderate this board makes it intense 😅

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Thanks. I think it might be how I've ranked clubs based on end of finals ladder whereas, you may have listed them from the end of H&A season ladder.

Thanks. I think it might be how I've ranked clubs based on end of finals ladder whereas, you may have listed them from the end of H&A season ladder.
Oh, true. The 2021 one I have the finals taken into account but not in this one. Bit tricky to even fix it atm too sorry.

Pick swap: Collingwood trade pick 27 to Richmond for picks 38, 40 and future 3rd (Rich)
Collingwood get: picks 38, 40, and a future 3rd (tied to Richmond)

Richmond get: pick 27

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.19.22.png

Brisbane trade pick 54 to GWS in exchange for a future 3rd (Port)
Brisbane trade pick 54 to GWS in exchange for a future 3rd (tied to Port Adelaide).

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 17.51.19.png

Pick swap: Collingwood trade #55 to St Kilda in exchange for F4 (Adel)
Collingwood get: future fourth round pick (tied to Adelaide)
St Kilda get: pick 55

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 12.33.29.png

Draft Order Update after Day 1 of the 2021 National Draft
Draft Order Update after Day 1 of the 2021 National Draft:
  • Geelong trade picks 32 and 34 to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for pick 23.
  • North Melbourne trade picks 42, 47 and a future 3rd (NM) to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for picks 32, 52 and a future 3rd (WB).
  • North Melbourne trade picks 48 and future 3rd (WB) to Collingwood in exchange for pick 36.
  • West Coast trade pick 12 to Port Adelaide in exchange for pick 14 and a future 2nd (PA).
(Source: FoxFooty Live Draft Coverage 24/11/2021)

Also corrected a minor issue where Fremantle's fourth round pick was assigned to Hawthorn when it actually belonged to the Gold Coast. Probably an input error related to the Ceglar and Lynch trades on deadline day I think.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 14.58.09.png

Among other things, which I have updated but don't have time to write out right now, Collingwood and Geelong just traded 45 for 47 and a future 3rd.

The future 3rd could be any of four different picks, tied to either Hawthorn, Richmond, Brisbane or Western Bulldogs. It's not been specified afaik...

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Among other things, which I have updated but don't have time to write out right now, Collingwood and Geelong just traded 45 for 47 and a future 3rd.

The future 3rd could be any of four different picks, tied to either Hawthorn, Richmond, Brisbane or Western Bulldogs. It's not been specified afaik...

Draft Order Update after Day 2 of the 2021 National Draft
Day 2 Trades involving future picks:
  • Collingwood trade a 2022 4th round pick (Adel*) to GWS in exchange for pick 48
  • Melbourne trade pick 43 to Adelaide in exchange for a 2022 3rd round pick (Adel*)
  • Carlton trade pick 55 to Port Adelaide in exchange for a 2022 4th round pick (Port*)
  • Collingwood trade pick 47 and a future 3rd (Bris**) to Geelong in exchange for pick 45
  • St Kilda trade a 2022 4th round pick (StK*) to Melbourne in exchange for pick 51
  • West Coast trade a 2022 4th round pick (WCE*) to Port Adelaide in exchange for pick 62

* Only one they had available to trade
** See Collingwood FC tweet posted above

So based on the R23 2021 ladder this is what the 2022 draft order looks like:
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.27.27.png

Great work as always Lore in an ambiguous working environment. I think the table is correct, but your description above regarding the second Collingwood trade is different to the tweet you referenced, and also Foxsports' description (#8 below). And the tweet/below seems to match the table better. i.e. Cats have Brisbane's third round pick (which is #51) not Port. I think you've just mistyped Port for Geelong. Can you double check please?

Night 2

5. Collingwood gets pick 48; GWS Giants get a future fourth-round pick

6. Adelaide Crows get pick 43; Melbourne gets a future third-round pick

7. Port Adelaide gets pick 55; Carlton gets a future fourth-round pick

8. Collingwood gets pick 45; Geelong gets pick 47 and a future third-round pick

9. St Kilda gets pick 51; Melbourne gets a future fourth-round pick

10. West Coast Eagles get pick 62; Port Adelaide gets a future fourth-round pick
Haha yep, mistyped it. The table/tweets are indeed correct.

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
With Ben King going down with a confirmed ACL I think GC is back with the #1 pick in 2022.

Round 1, 2022
Round 1, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 14.43.36.png

Better late than never – ladder reverted to end of Round 1 and saved the screenshot.

Should be live from now on. Let me know if there are any errors!

Back