World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup General Discussion - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way to attend would be to purchase a package right ?

Seems like it would be around $7k AUD to attend 3 group stage matches over the course of a week.
Surely it wouldn't be that high?

I paid $1.5k USD for a quaterfinal HOSPITALITY package

So I assume for a regular ticket across the 3 games it'd be lower?

I just checked and it's $3k USD for that same hospitality package for all 3 group stage games, but you'd need accommodation too.

Absolute b**** though. I just saw there's nothing available in Doha for accommodation atm. And they're actually selling hotels in the UAE and Oman (Guess to fly fans over just for the games? bs - inconvenient AF)

No wonder my hotels in Dubai (Last day of the Rd of 16 and the gap between them and the quater finals) were through the roof though.

Here’s SBS full schedule. The early games not great (8.30pm). Although our game against Tunisia is at 8pm.

Final is 1.30am aedt on Monday! Yuck!

Ouch - That game against Tunisia is 1pm in Qatar.

Bloody hell - I really didn't plan my pre-cruise part of the trip around the world cup.

On the Perth-London flight the day of our game against Tunisia
And I'm doing a day trip to Dublin the day of our game against Denmark.

I just checked and it's $3k USD for that same hospitality package for all 3 group stage games, but you'd need accommodation too.

Absolute b**** though. I just saw there's nothing available in Doha for accommodation atm. And they're actually selling hotels in the UAE and Oman (Guess to fly fans over just for the games? bs - inconvenient AF)

No wonder my hotels in Dubai (Last day of the Rd of 16 and the gap between them and the quater finals) were through the roof though.

What a farce. Wasn't there a plan to accomodate fans in tents in the desert or something? Bring in cruise ships? Qatar cant handle millions of visitors.

What a farce. Wasn't there a plan to accomodate fans in tents in the desert or something? Bring in cruise ships? Qatar cant handle millions of visitors.
That's the whole point of the Hayya card too
You can only enter the country with tickets.

So it'll stop people just flying into Doha and stop scalping. And even with only fans with tickets there, there STILL isn't the capacity.

Qatar by itself was always bs winning it.

If things were better politically, I wouldn't have been opposed to a Qatar-UAE-Saudi-Oman and/or Jordan bid............In a 48 team cup. But that's about the only way I'd accept a Middle East bid.

Qatar getting the WC was a farce

The infrastructure built slave labour
Changing of dates post winning(bribery)
Never going be enough hotel rooms
Making hotel rooms prices insane

That's the whole point of the Hayya card too
You can only enter the country with tickets.

So it'll stop people just flying into Doha and stop scalping. And even with only fans with tickets there, there STILL isn't the capacity.

Qatar by itself was always bs winning it.

If things were better politically, I wouldn't have been opposed to a Qatar-UAE-Saudi-Oman and/or Jordan bid............In a 48 team cup. But that's about the only way I'd accept a Middle East bid.

Iran would be the best suited country logistically. Shame political relations with most of the western world making it pretty much impossible plus ultra strict enforcement of sharia law.

Iran would be the best suited country logistically. Shame political relations with most of the western world making it pretty much impossible plus ultra strict enforcement of sharia law.
If it were just 1 country - I'd agree they're the best. But I dont feel there's many countries these days that could feasibly pull it off. So you'd do a multi-country bid and I feel The Arabian countries would be better to pull it off than an Iran/one of their neighbours.

Hotel availability seems to be a big issue, so I think the only way would be to purchase one of the packages. The Qatar airways package seems to cost
1. Full Group Stage (13 nights, 4 match tickets) - $9,900 AUD
2. Early Group Stage (7 nights, 3 match tickets (2x Aus, 1 match of choice) - $7,050 AUD
3. Later Group Stage (6 nights, 3 match tickets, (1x Aus, 2 matches of choice) - $6,700 AUD
4. Round of 16 (4 nights, 2 matches) - $5,400 AUD
Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final packages sold out (but were upwards of 6k)

Think I will wait for LA 2026.

If it were just 1 country - I'd agree they're the best. But I dont feel there's many countries these days that could feasibly pull it off. So you'd do a multi-country bid and I feel The Arabian countries would be better to pull it off than an Iran/one of their neighbours.

The Middle East just isnt suited to a world cup in general due to the prevailing climate in June / July.

Now that every single FIFA nation gets a vote on hosting theres no way a ME nation will be able to bribe their way to winning the rights again - thats 210 votes. For 2022 Qatar only had to bribe the majority of the FIFA executive committee to win the vote.

The only suitable AFC World Cup hosts are China, South Korea, Japan & Australia / NZ realistically. India I imagine will have the same climate issues as the ME does in June / July.

The only way to attend would be to purchase a package right ?

Seems like it would be around $7k AUD to attend 3 group stage matches over the course of a week.

I was looking into it and it didn't seem like tickets would be the issue.

Came across flights for 1.2k on convenient enough dates, went to look at hotels/airbnbs and safe to say it ruled out any possibility that I'd go. Cheapest Airbnb was over 3k I believe for a week and there was not a single hotel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who we thinking are favs for the World Cup ? Brazil ? Impressive in qualifying scoring 41 goals and only conceding 5. Pretty well balanced squad.
Bold call but I think France have a decent shot at defending it, especially if Benzema plays this time around.
It's interesting that the last 3 defending champions haven't made it out of their group (Germany in 2018, Spain in 2014, Italy in 2010) but if they get out of the group they'll be hard to stop.

I was looking into it and it didn't seem like tickets would be the issue.

Came across flights for 1.2k on convenient enough dates, went to look at hotels/airbnbs and safe to say it ruled out any possibility that I'd go. Cheapest Airbnb was over 3k I believe for a week and there was not a single hotel.

Have decided to make the trip over with the missus booked a return trip to Dubai, also have booked our flights into and back from Qatar day/night of both the first and second games...

We were thinking of winging it and trying to snag a ticket off stubhub / some third party retailer? Does't seem like they've got another sales period coming up...

Glad im not a young bloke looking to party at Qatar 22:

Sounds like there will be "drinking" zones though for fans. Problem is to get back to accommodation one has to leave these "zones". And the punishment for being drunk in public in Qatar is a public flogging.

Dirty Bird take care !

Glad im not a young bloke looking to party at Qatar 22:

Sounds like there will be "drinking" zones though for fans. Problem is to get back to accommodation one has to leave these "zones". And the punishment for being drunk in public in Qatar is a public flogging.

Dirty Bird take care !

Stiff punishment

1655869104641.png

What a lovely place to host a World Cup. Basically if you are gay you are "allowed" to visit - just don't be gay when you are visiting.

If a nation is going to bribe their way to hosting a WC the least that they can do is let visiting fans do what they want. It's not like they want to be visiting Qatar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back