Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Find me another platform where I can watch them, being the only provider gives them the perfect opportunity to price gouge the customer who has no choice but to pay it
Don't like it, ditch it.

Otherwise, live with it.

You don't really have any other options.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Was paid up until June 2023 days my account. For $70. Don’t know how. But come august 1 what happens to that sub? Does new price override it?

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Was paid up until June 2023 days my account. For $70. Don’t know how. But come august 1 what happens to that sub? Does new price override it?

Seeing as you have paid the yearly fee and they have taken your money I don't see how they could turn around and disregard that. Stick to your guns if they try and slug you again. I believe anyone who bought the yearly deal was told in the t&cs that it would auto renew on your sub anniversary date unless you cancelled it.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I'm half-following the women's Euros, and right now, the Lionesses are putting the men's team to shame. Attacking football, effective attacking football, and they're playing like they're enjoying themselves. The men's team could take lessons ahead of the World Cup.

Sozabarus

Spec Moderator
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm half-following the women's Euros, and right now, the Lionesses are putting the men's team to shame. Attacking football, effective attacking football, and they're playing like they're enjoying themselves. The men's team could take lessons ahead of the World Cup.

The mens team made the final of the Euros as well.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
The mens team made the final of the Euros as well.
Yes, I am aware, but over the last year, the men's team had gotten worse and worse, culminating in several weak showings in the Nations League, and a thrashing by Hungary. I don't have much confidence in them, not least of all when we're relying on Maguire to be a defensive pillar.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, I am aware, but over the last year, the men's team had gotten worse and worse, culminating in several weak showings in the Nations League, and a thrashing by Hungary. I don't have much confidence in them, not least of all when we're relying on Maguire to be a defensive pillar.
I doubt any of them really wanted to be playing Nations League games at the end of a long season. They are just glorified friendlies

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I doubt any of them really wanted to be playing Nations League games at the end of a long season. They are just glorified friendlies
True, but our level of performance was very, very poor. We are not preforming like a team of winners. I don't care if Southgate were to muster a series of 1 nil wins and take us to glory, but we're not capable of that, and the team seems too timid about going for the win.

The Lions can take lessons from how the Lionesses played.

royboy2

Average Old Bastard
Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
True, but our level of performance was very, very poor. We are not preforming like a team of winners. I don't care if Southgate were to muster a series of 1 nil wins and take us to glory, but we're not capable of that, and the team seems too timid about going for the win.

The Lions can take lessons from how the Lionesses played.

Lionesses also had no spurs players

Think About It GIF by Identity

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
Hungary's just reclaiming their rightful place as the footballing powerhouse of the world.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hungary's just reclaiming their rightful place as the footballing powerhouse of the world.

The 1954 World Cup is fascinating. Hungary beat West Germany 8-3, only to lose the final to them 3-2, leading 2-0 very early on. We could have lived in a world where Hungary has won a World Cup. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
The 1954 World Cup is fascinating. Hungary beat West Germany 8-3, only to lose the final to them 3-2, leading 2-0 very early on. We could have lived in a world where Hungary has won a World Cup. :(
For a while, they had one of the all-time greats. Puskas deserved a World Cup winner's medal.

Remove this Banner Ad