World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Quarter Finals) - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a soccer fan and the first game I have seen and watched the extra time and the penalty shoot out.Would that be one of the highlight games of the tournaments.

No, IMO. The game itself wasn't great.

Got a feeling that both of the Brazil players that missed scoring from their penalty were the ones that kissed the ball before putting it on the spot.

Netherlands a red hot chance of doing Argentina too. Could be an all Euro semis, South American football will be holding crisis meetings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This a tweet thread I have just vomited:

This is Brazil now.
Since 2006, this is what we have become. I don’t know how many times more this needs to happen for us to search our soul.
We have taken a bad turn and we haven’t done nothing to right the ship. NOTHING!
It’s FIVE World Cups.
That’s two generations of players. That’s one generation of Brazilians.
They only know defeat in Quarters or the 7-1 against Germany. I don’t know how to describe how bad this is.
It may feel silly, but one must know the “Stray-Dog Syndrome” to understand it.
If we aren’t good at this, then what are we good at?
We are great in plenty of stuff, but we fail to see. Soccer helped us against it.
It’s more than football. We didn’t simply lost on PK’s.
This is a DEEP cultural crisis we’ve been unable to deal with.
If we can’t deal through soccer, how can we expect solving it in other areas?
It’s been 20 years.

I love how some people think France/England have been handed the WC.

A) This WC has been unpredictable
B) They're severely underestimating a very good Portugal side who are as good a chance as any. Playing Ronaldo is the only thing that would hold them back
C) Argentina and Netherlands aren't bad either

B) They're severely underestimating a very good Portugal side who are as good a chance as any. Playing Ronaldo is the only thing that would hold them back

It is odd that some think it’s done and dusted that the batttle of the English Channel will win the cup. I mean it may happen but it’s certainly not a done deal.

Plus England have Southgate at the helm who’s just itching to burn it all down somehow

I remember a friendly between Australia and England in the early 2000s. An Australian had a banner that read "If you lose this you're officially s**t at everything". How things have changed. England a chance to unite both cricket world cups and the football world cup.
Fair play to those who like cricket, but to me, winning at cricket is like winning at watching paint dry, so I'll gladly settle for winning the football over that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back