Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much to hold I reckon. More than $150k will hurt you points-wise.

Expensive rook up to De Goey or Heeney?
DStephens to a cheapie, then Hinge up to Ryan?

Yep tend to agree its too much.

Ideally I want another prem forward and have had Heeney most pre-season but him spending too much time forward worries me. Could have jumped at Dusty earlier as havent warmed to any other options.

Might just go Hinge to someone.

Yep tend to agree its too much.

Ideally I want another prem forward and have had Heeney most pre-season but him spending too much time forward worries me. Could have jumped at Dusty earlier as havent warmed to any other options.

Might just go Hinge to someone.
I think somebody posted that Heeney scores better playing as a forward than as a mid. Somebody looked at the numbers, his scores did not spike when his CBA numbers increased. Probably better that he spends more time forward, with occasional stints on-ball to get a few extra touches. First time doing a preseason in a while, he's a decent shout. I'm keen on him, I just decided to take De Goey instead, probably just my Pies bias.

If you've had Heeney in your side most of the pre-season, I'd just roll the dice on him.

This is my lot. Missed out on Gibcus as I was busy when teams dropped on Thursday and i was hoping a cheaper option would appear. Would prefer 30 green dots but think i’m settled on going in with the D8 loop.

Ignore Winder as i haven’t made my mind up on who to grab there just yet.

Happy to consider any suggestions, but don’t really want to change midfield at all.

$71,800 cash

8FCBC6BD-5ED3-448F-939A-31D246574C54.jpeg

Last edited:
85def9dc6bd0a5e16dc1dca6ecf1a59e.png

Got 200k spare, thinking of upgrading Xerri into Butters or Dixon into Preuss (again).

85def9dc6bd0a5e16dc1dca6ecf1a59e.png

Got 200k spare, thinking of upgrading Xerri into Butters or Dixon into Preuss (again).
I would get rid of Taranto mate.
Likely to play forward while punchable is out.
Taranto to Butters
Sicily to Stewart
Is what I would do if that was my team.
Hope this helps

This is my lot. Missed out on Gibcus as I was busy when teams dropped on Thursday and i was hoping a cheaper option would appear. Would prefer 30 green dots but think i’m settled on going in with the D8 loop.

Ignore Winder as i haven’t made my mind up on who to grab there just yet.

Happy to consider any suggestions, but don’t really want to change midfield at all.

$71,800 cash

View attachment 1347532
Your midfield is excellent I would not change it either.
Nice team.

Your midfield is excellent I would not change it either.
Nice team.
Thanks buttox

Just added Finn in the forward line for Winder.

Think I'm settled now, barring any late chaos!

This is where I have ended up and I think it will stay that way. I panicked a bit last night at the footy and brought both Durdin and Gibucs in. Lloyd become Short.

55k in bank so can use that towards corrections if needed - i.e. Dixon to Finn.
1647588342961.png

Don't know much about Owens, Soligo but Hough seems like he should get a good run in eagles depleted side and get DPP. Then backing in Macdonald who has been a standout at hawks and based on final selection, youth should get a good run all year.

Finn Magines (Haw) can you tell me about him other than he's been in the system for a couple of years? Whats his JS etc like please?
Picked on a HBF (not that means anything much I guess). Bramble, and Impey a few weeks away, but Will Day may be his big threat. Dan Howe the only real threat from this weeks emergencies.

Can find the footy. The knock has been his kicking/decision making but has had a great pre-season according to track watchers. I thought he looked ok in the match v Richmond, so I've picked him hoping that it has clicked after a couple of years, and Mitch seems to be giving the young ones a go early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was lucky enough to have 29 green dots (+ loophole non-player) when final teams came in. Now I'm set except that I feel I should include Finn Maginness now he's a definite starter. He'd be a much needed dpp rookie in the mids, but the player I'd prefer to drop for him is Baldwin on the forward line. Not keen on rookie KPFs. That would waste the dpp though. In the mids he could replace any of MacDonald, Hough, Soligo or Owens.

MacDonald averaged 121 in the juniors and looked really good in the preseason.
Soligo averaged 105 in the juniors and looked pretty good in the preseason with 45 points from just 66% tog.
Owens averaged just 74 in the juniors but his 39 from just 24% tog in the preseason match was very promising.
Hough averaged 93 in the juniors and looked good in the preseason. His SC score (47) was well below his fantasy score (65) but got lots of ball and has good JS.

Don't really want to drop any of them. Might be best to bring Finn in for Baldwin and use the dpp after later trades/corrections. Decisions, decisions.
Am wondering whether to drop Stephens for him for that extra cash.

Zero cash left, pretty happy w performances so far but biggest risk players still to play.

Imagine I'll be downgrading the inevitable underperformer of Berry, Caldwell or Brodie for an outperforming rookie (likely JHF, Stephens or Sheldrick), and look to bring in Hewett if he continues to outperform.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-115522_SuperCoach.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-115522_SuperCoach.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220319-115533_SuperCoach.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-115533_SuperCoach.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 38
First time on this thread since Feb
have tried to stick with my gut as much as possible

Final team for Forever Hardcore
1E2B5496-255C-4CC0-96D3-4BA0524A6BDB.png

3D6A7BFA-7C31-4545-906F-4E0D07632EBE.png