Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1316890

First Draft. Everything subject to change.
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

View attachment 1316890

First Draft. Everything subject to change.
Constructive criticism time. Your backline and forwardline are okay. Lots of picks i wouldnt make but i can see the potential. Your midfield is a disaster. I dont hate some of the individual selections but you simply cant expect all those mid-pricers to come off. Even if they all improve on their previous averages by 15+ you will be stuck with a midfield that simply isnt scoring enough.

You can get away with one or two mid-pricers, maybe 3 at a stretch, but six in one position is way too risky. I like that you've picked Bont but beyond that it doesnt look good at all. Dumont and Clark are the 2 that i personally wouldnt go near. Schoenberg has potential but is he really going to push up to 95-100+? At his price you really need an average of 90+ and preferably get close to 100 so you can upgrade him easily. Ill give you Lipinski and LDU as decent picks but im not sure id pick both. Cogs is fine too.

Rucks arent great either. ROB is a bold selection, personally i wouldnt go near him. Sweet on your bench is a bit of a waste too. Id downgrade Sweet to Comben/Hayes and upgrade ROB to Grundy/Darcy.

If you fix your midfield your team will look heaps better. If you are selecting F.Macrae i think he should be on your field. Id get rid of Schoenberg/Dumont/Clark for say J.Macrae/Daicos/Ward. If you can get enough money from changing another position id try to grab Neale as well. You could probably downgrade Kreuger to say De Koning and i would swing Cogs forward and maybe upgrade Bolton or De Goey to Neale.

Just my 2 cents worth. I generally dont like giving advice such as select player 'x' instead of player 'y' but i thought id try to help you out. If you have your reasoning for each selection plus your structure then stick to it but from my point of view it looks like there are a few moves that would improve your team substantially. Good luck

Constructive criticism time. Your backline and forwardline are okay. Lots of picks i wouldnt make but i can see the potential. Your midfield is a disaster. I dont hate some of the individual selections but you simply cant expect all those mid-pricers to come off. Even if they all improve on their previous averages by 15+ you will be stuck with a midfield that simply isnt scoring enough.

You can get away with one or two mid-pricers, maybe 3 at a stretch, but six in one position is way too risky. I like that you've picked Bont but beyond that it doesnt look good at all. Dumont and Clark are the 2 that i personally wouldnt go near. Schoenberg has potential but is he really going to push up to 95-100+? At his price you really need an average of 90+ and preferably get close to 100 so you can upgrade him easily. Ill give you Lipinski and LDU as decent picks but im not sure id pick both. Cogs is fine too.

Rucks arent great either. ROB is a bold selection, personally i wouldnt go near him. Sweet on your bench is a bit of a waste too. Id downgrade Sweet to Comben/Hayes and upgrade ROB to Grundy/Darcy.

If you fix your midfield your team will look heaps better. If you are selecting F.Macrae i think he should be on your field. Id get rid of Schoenberg/Dumont/Clark for say J.Macrae/Daicos/Ward. If you can get enough money from changing another position id try to grab Neale as well. You could probably downgrade Kreuger to say De Koning and i would swing Cogs forward and maybe upgrade Bolton or De Goey to Neale.

Just my 2 cents worth. I generally dont like giving advice such as select player 'x' instead of player 'y' but i thought id try to help you out. If you have your reasoning for each selection plus your structure then stick to it but from my point of view it looks like there are a few moves that would improve your team substantially. Good luck
That is far more polite than I was going to be.

Try to leave it alone now till practice matches , insert DeGoey here button likely to change everything.
Huge fan of JHF , just so many little piggies to get a feed at North‘s trough + Greenwood + the one I wanted us to draft in Goater .
View attachment 1316946
So do you believe Hinge plays Round 1 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1316989
Todays team.
12 premos, 6 rookies on field.
I would like to turn Bont into Clarry somehow.
But this will do for now.

Hall overpriced IMO. Risky selection at $572k. 'Downgrade' him to any cheaper, reliable defender and you'll have the cash for Bont > Oliver.

He’s arguably underpriced based on last years scores. If he has the same role.

Don't mind if it's an unpopular opinion. I'm not comfortable spending $572k on a 31 year old with this scoring history after one premium season.

Screenshot 2022-01-27 185214.png

I'll happily cop the extra money i'll need to spend come upgrade time if he proves me wrong.

Edit: I was against Luke MacDonald as a round 1 selection last season for the exact same reason.

Don't mind if it's an unpopular opinion. I'm not comfortable spending $572k on a 31 year old with this scoring history after one good season.

View attachment 1317171

I'll happily cop the extra money i'll need to spend come upgrade time if he proves me wrong.
How is that scoring history relevant at all? He is literally a seagull now

It’s been one season for a very injury prone Hall to say he’s going to be the number defender is very interesting
Hall had surgery this time last year to remove a mass at the back of his throat. It had restricted his breathing his entire career.
He used to blow out late in games and late in quarters.
I expect the improvement in his performances to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back