Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
love this, went cheap on rooks but if we don't get 102kers then Touk goes to Tracc.
14 keeper team with the big boys that i like, i hate the forward line premos they can GAGF.

rooks are all placeholders, not there yet.

1642166244219.png

Gday Gents!

Pretty cookie cutter but fairly settled on this structure. May get rid of English and find some cash for Dunkley pending form however I expect ruck coverage will be crucial due to covid and byes. English only has to improve a little to be a top 8 forward and has a lot of upside.

Would also like to start Crisp.

Bont as a pod going for a brownlow vs Macrae who will be in every side is either genius or disaster...

14 keepers:

20220115_130154.jpg
20220115_130136.jpg

Gday Gents!

Pretty cookie cutter but fairly settled on this structure. May get rid of English and find some cash for Dunkley pending form however I expect ruck coverage will be crucial due to covid and byes. English only has to improve a little to be a top 8 forward and has a lot of upside.

Bont as a pod going for a brownlow vs Macrae who will be in every side is either genius or disaster...

14 keepers:

View attachment 1311198
View attachment 1311199

That's an awesome team

I think ive settled on my team now. For the last day or so ive tried to make changes to improve it but i just keep reversing them and going back to the same team.

By position:
Back = 4 keepers, 1 low-end mid-pricer, 1 rookie
Mid = 4 keepers, 2 standard mid-pricers, 2 rookies
Ruck = 1 standard mid-pricer, 1 low-end mid-pricer
Forward = 3 keepers, 1 standard mid-pricer, 1 low-end midpricer, 1 rookie

Hoping that 1 midfield mid-pricer becomes a keeper and 1 forwardline mid-pricer becomes a keeper which would leave me with 13. Going with 1 or 2 PODs but that is it. Day, Young, Baker, SPS have featured in my backline at times but currently i dont have any of them. LDU is currently in my midfield so he would have to be my biggest POD. Biggest ? i still have is whether to pick Rowell.

Overall though, im pretty sure my team will stay similar until the pre-season games which will inevitably throw everything into disarray.

We have really similar structures.

11 keepers and 7 midpricers, at least two of which need to end up being keepers or we're plucked.

That's why they call it Mid Price Madness...

Good luck with it mate

We have really similar structures.

11 keepers and 7 midpricers, at least two of which need to end up being keepers or we're plucked.

That's why they call it Mid Price Madness...

Good luck with it mate
I like to think we dont need 2 to be keepers if all 7 mid-pricers perform and allow (virtually) straight swaps to fallen premos. That said, going into a season with half a team of non-keepers takes guts. I have always maintained that mid-price madness is a harder strategy to get right but if you do it can pay off big time. Each year is different though, im pretty confident in all my mid-pricers but if they fail, ill be in trouble. Good luck to you as well!

Gday Gents!

14 keepers:

View attachment 1311198
View attachment 1311199
Nice, it’s all coming down to a premium M5 vs Dunkley F1 in terms of structure for me.

Nice, it’s all coming down to a premium M5 vs Dunkley F1 in terms of structure for me.
Dunks nearly my fav non cat, will he play enough mid minutes to start early? Macrae, Treloar, Libba, Hunter, hes a better forward than all of them even with the worst kicking action in the league. Something’s gotta give. He will score OK no matter what coz the man knows how to tackle. Thoughts as a doggies man?

Dunks is clearly the best Forward and well underpriced you would be mad not to start him.

Dunks nearly my fav non cat, will he play enough mid minutes to start early? Macrae, Treloar, Libba, Hunter, hes a better forward than all of them even with the worst kicking action in the league. Something’s gotta give. He will score OK no matter what coz the man knows how to tackle. Thoughts as a doggies man?

Given how many players will end up out at some point due to COVID exposure, and given that Libba's knees are held together with duct tape and prayer, I reckon Dunks will get a decent amount of mid time. He's first into the centre if any of Bont, Libba, and Macrae is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do like that idea.
But it leaves my forward line this.
View attachment 1311274
Im not sure I have the Chol.

I love Midpricers as well be you need to have the rookies to generate cash. My current team has 3 forward rookies you still only have 2.

I love Midpricers as well be you need to have the rookies to generate cash. My current team has 3 forward rookies you still only have 2.
I'm comfortable all my 200-350k players will make cash.
Hopefully they score at a higher rate than a 100k rook.
The bar is so low in the forward line as a keeper and I can always trade a dud midpricer to a rookie if they fail and get an upgrade elsewhere.
My plan is 12 premos 5 rookies on field.

Who are these rookie forwards that are likely to be good money earners can only think of Holland’s and Maginnes as the most likely rookies to start

Who are these rookie forwards that are likely to be good money earners can only think of Holland’s and Maginnes as the most likely rookies to start
The File, SDK, The Bird, The Harvester maybe.

There have been quite a few other names thrown around.

Sam De Koning
Will Kelly
Sam Skinner
Luke Pedlar
Ely Smith
Charlie Comben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back