Preview 2022 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday May 20 7:50PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to finish better; but he is top 50 in goal assists and tackles across the competition. I would be surprised if he is not playing.
He was very reliable with his set shots. Seems to have regressed a little with goal kicking this year. Something for him to work on but other than that his pressure and tackling is super good.

He was very reliable with his set shots. Seems to have regressed a little with goal kicking this year. Something for him to work on but other than that his pressure and tackling is super good.
Only anecdotal, but I feel like his shots have been from further out this year. Inside 40 he's very sound on the set shot, but this year I feel like most of his set shots are from ~45. Not his range at all.

I don't think he even had that distance covered a year or 2 ago so the fact he's at least getting it over the line is progression for him and maybe he'll start being as accurate as when he's closer, but until then if he's outside 40 someone should be sneaking past for a handpass.

Only anecdotal, but I feel like his shots have been from further out this year. Inside 40 he's very sound on the set shot, but this year I feel like most of his set shots are from ~45. Not his range at all.

I don't think he even had that distance covered a year or 2 ago so the fact he's at least getting it over the line is progression for him and maybe he'll start being as accurate as when he's closer, but until then if he's outside 40 someone should be sneaking past for a handpass.
Yeah he's been averaging less marks this year. And as you mentioned when he is marking them this year, he is further out from goal compared to where he was marking the ball last year:
1653000230688.png

I remember early on in his career Fisher was compared to Sam Mitchell. Tbh i thought it was a bit silly at the time, this nippy small running midfielder like Mitchell, the slow yet elitely skilled inside mid? yeah, right.

However when Fisher gets the ball around the 60 he is starting to make me think of Mitchell. His vision and ability to pick out 20-30m passes on angles that others don't consider. He always seems to find a crease of space where there doesn't seem to be any and finds a target in very congested areas when others would kick long. That's all very Mitchell-esque in that area of the field. It's a specific similarity but the smarts, vision and skill to execute are great.

I remember early on in his career Fisher was compared to Sam Mitchell. Tbh i thought it was a bit silly at the time, this nippy small running midfielder like Mitchell, the slow yet elitely skilled inside mid? yeah, right.

However when Fisher gets the ball around the 60 he is starting to make me think of Mitchell. His vision and ability to pick out 20-30m passes on angles that others don't consider. He always seems to find a crease of space where there doesn't seem to be any and finds a target in very congested areas when others would kick long. That's all very Mitchell-esque in that area of the field. It's a specific similarity but the smarts, vision and skill to execute are great.

If Fisher could learn and be half as good on his opposite foot as Mitchell was, then that’s a win for us

If Fisher could learn and be half as good on his opposite foot as Mitchell was, then that’s a win for us
He makes up for that by being extra slippery and buying the extra second to get onto his left.

But absolutely, if he was as 2 footed as Mitch it'd be fantastic. Alas he's more Kade than Sam in that regard.

He has used his right a few times this year but will never be like Mitchell in that regard.

His last couple of weeks though have been brilliant.

LOVE the Little Fish :laughv1: 😍

He makes up for that by being extra slippery and buying the extra second to get onto his left.

But absolutely, if he was as 2 footed as Mitch it'd be fantastic. Alas he's more Kade than Sam in that regard.

100% He in z purple patch of good form and I really hope it continues because he has all the traits to be a damaging weapon for us.

For those who still aren’t convinced by Fish (from afl.com.au article):

Fisher's role is slightly different. Seen as the high half-forward that links the play from midfield, his impact is determined in other ways. But, for his role, he is undoubtedly one of the best in the competition.

This season, the diminutive West Australian is rated elite in his position for disposals (18.4 per game), uncontested possessions (13.9 per game), kick rating (+12.3 per cent) and shot at goal accuracy (69.2 per cent).

As one of the side's main distributors inside 50, his kick rating and accuracy are particularly important. According to Champion Data, Fisher also rates above average for AFL Player Ratings (10.2) and score involvements (5.4 per game).

🐠 🐠 🐠

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was so looking forward to going to this game.. my 4yo little girl has covid, so we'll be watching from home..

Got the KohPhi traditional food ready..
Mortadella sangas to remind my of the 'old days' at games with my old man..
Capriciosa Pizza with hot Salami, double olives and anchovies..
A couple of Jim Beam and Cokes..

Go Blues..
Gotta love a good Mortadella sanga mate well done on the food selection, and hope the little one gets better quick.

Fish needs to turn up tonight.

If he wants to be rated as a good (or better) player competition wide, these are the games where you make your mark - or not!

Think it's about the collective, not just one player. But, unlike some others, has turned up more consistently this year

And I got jumped all over for having "unrealistic expectations" when I suggested that ~20 disposals a game and 25-30 goals for the year would be the benchmark for Fisher cementing his spot in the side over some of the younger guys.

"Those are Elite numbers, Blue__Balls, only the best players in the game get those!"

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Very happy to see Cotts get his chance in the starting 22. Has been terrific as sub throughout the year to date.

Not at all fussed about the sub, can make a case for any of those four. Most importantly, our VFL game is on Sunday so all four emergencies will get a chance to play this weekend.

yep free hit with the sub - zero negative impact on development

I reckon he would rather be rated by his coach and team mates, and he gets picked every week. Enough said.

Getting his 15/20 a week & he’s kicking multiple goals.

Flown under the radar this year, opposition sides had better pay him respect…..

If we show up with the same 'get the job done, f*** the opposition and narrative' from the first bounce, then we're in with a decent chance TODAY (forgot the day - GAME DAY!)

Huge game in the context of our season and the AFL Top 4.

Pumped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back