Preview 2022 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday May 20 7:50PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting his 15/20 a week & he’s kicking multiple goals.

Flown under the radar this year, opposition sides had better pay him respect…..

The type of footy his 2021 preseason was showing, there were big wraps on him taking the next step, then got injured and never recaptured it.

His last 3 weeks have been really good - the bits i like most are his disposal, he is being a lot more damaging than the dinky around the body kicks to no-one and he is actually kicking goals. Too often in the past he would miss relatively easy shots or not even take the shot when in an easy spot to kick a goal. Love it when players back themselves in (not ridiculous shots from the boundary but shots they should be getting)

If we show up with the same 'get the job done, f*** the opposition and narrative' from the first bounce, then we're in with a decent chance tomorrow.

Huge game in the context of our season and the AFL Top 4.

Pumped.

turn up with that mindset tomorrow and well get thumped tonight...🤣

Sydney will come in hitting hard, especially if things start to go against them they'll crash and bash at every opportunity. They'll do everything they can to slow us down, professional frees, holding up the ball as much as possible, tangle themselves on top of our players, try to get into our heads. We've got to be mature, ignore that stuff and focus on the footy and hit them hard back.

Sydney will come in hitting hard, especially if things start to go against them they'll crash and bash at every opportunity. They'll do everything they can to slow us down, professional frees, holding up the ball as much as possible, tangle themselves on top of our players, try to get into our heads. We've got to be mature, ignore that stuff and focus on the footy and hit them hard back.

For too long we’ve been pushed around.

We’ve got some solid boys out there, & if the Swannies wanna get into a bit of anti-social footy, reckon we can handle it.

Really looking forward to this.👍

Normally, teams have 2-4 players that if you shut that group down, it's a big part of getting the win.

Us - Crippa, Walshy, Curnow, Big H (when there).

Swans - Buddy, Parker, Mills, Heeney?

Thoughts?

And I got jumped all over for having "unrealistic expectations" when I suggested that ~20 disposals a game and 25-30 goals for the year would be the benchmark for Fisher cementing his spot in the side over some of the younger guys.

"Those are Elite numbers, Blue__Balls, only the best players in the game get those!"

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Well, unrealistic to cement a spot, not unrealistic to be considered elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was so looking forward to going to this game.. my 4yo little girl has covid, so we'll be watching from home..

Got the KohPhi traditional food ready..
Mortadella sangas to remind my of the 'old days' at games with my old man..
Capriciosa Pizza with hot Salami, double olives and anchovies..
A couple of Jim Beam and Cokes..

Go Blues..
Hoping your little one recovers quickly.

Just ADD PRAWNS to that Pizza and zackery same as I get :laughv1:

Pretty keen on the beverage too...... just easy on the coke ;) (kill ya too much o that stuff)

When has a leftie been any good on their right foot?
Does seem that way! Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Interesting though, there doesn't seem to be as much emphasis on being good on both feet as what there once was. Even now, we still talk about Sam Mitchell (even earlier in this thread) who has been out of the game for 5 years. He seems to be more the exception than the rule. Wonder why this is? It's a great skill to have for this game, makes you far less predictable, and far easier to get out of trouble.

Remember a story from long ago... think it was about St Kilda tough nut, Greg Burns. As a kid, his father would watch him train, and if he used the same foot for kicking twice in a row, he'd get a caning. Now, it's not that I'd recommend corporal punishment as a method of training opposite foot, but it does perhaps show that the skill was more highly valued in the past.

Gotta love a good Mortadella sanga mate well done on the food selection, and hope the little one gets better quick.

Absolutely.. nice crusty split Vienna loaf, lashings of butter, shaved Mortadella..

Heaven!! 😆😆

Hoping your little one recovers quickly.

Just ADD PRAWNS to that Pizza and zackery same as I get :laughv1:

Pretty keen on the beverage too...... just easy on the coke ;) (kill ya too much o that stuff)
You've convinced me..
Will add prawns. 😁

If we win tonight the lid will well and truly be off and I’ll lose my mind

If we lose I’ll probably curl up into a little ball and cry. Probably will write us off after 1 performance.

There will be no in between and that’s how I like it

GO BLUES
A true Blues fan :thumbsu:

Well, unrealistic to cement a spot, not unrealistic to be considered elite

That's not what I was told, Arrow, those numbers would put him in lofty company, only a few players get them, I needed to lower my expectations.

He's clearly capable of playing the hybrid mid/fwd role, and playing it well. His teammates are looking to put the ball in his hands often and he's crafty enough to generate a shot on goal or two each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back