Preview 2022 Rd 11 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 29 3:20PM AEST @MCG - Final Team Post #1018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Good morning ...

FTZzpzGVUAAiSbg

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Love that ladder. :heart:

Next week could well show that only 10 teams still in hunt at the half way point.

What a lip smacking prospect we have . Beat all three of our oldest and most despised
rivals in next three weeks and we will be pretty well guaranteed playing finals and short priced
to finish top 4 with top players to return ....... HOW GOOD IS THIS SEASON !!!!

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton

Next week could well show that only 10 teams still in hunt at the half way point.

What a lip smacking prospect we have . Beat all three of our oldest and most despised
rivals in next three weeks and we will be pretty well guaranteed playing finals and short priced

Attachments

• IMG_20220523_121119.jpg
    IMG_20220523_121119.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 128

ctwenty1

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

we never do manage to get up against the bye - looking forward to turning that around this year

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

its fully sic hectic...bro!

The extent of our improvement seems to have surprised most of us I'd say.

When we lost to the suns I was starting to again question whether or not our wins previously were largely on the back of a new coach etc and we'd perhaps head south again...

However.....

In recent matches weve seen that we are most definitely different this year and the improvements are genuine.

We've reached some really important milestones...
  • beat GWS in sydney for the first time in how many years ?
  • a convincing win against a very strong side in swans who we smashed in Q2 and broke a record (?)
  • we've won 4 consecutive games in a row (not sure when we did this last)
  • weve achieved all of the above even though weve taken another hit in the injury stakes.
To put it simply....

We are now a very strong and well coached side, playing under what appears to be a very good system.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
its fully sic hectic...bro!

The extent of our improvement seems to have surprised most of us I'd say.

When we lost to the suns I was starting to again question whether or not our wins previously were largely on the back of a new coach etc and we'd perhaps head south again...

However.....

In recent matches weve seen that we are most definitely different this year and the improvements are genuine.

We've reached some really important milestones...
  • beat GWS in sydney for the first time in how many years ?
  • a convincing win against a very strong side in swans who we smashed in Q2 and broke a record (?)
  • we've won 4 consecutive games in a row (not sure when we did this last)
  • weve achieved all of the above even though weve taken another hit in the injury stakes.
To put it simply....

We are now a very strong and well coached side, playing under what appears to be a very good system.

sounds like we're due for a loss.....(devils advocate - i agree with what you're saying)

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
swuzzlebubble would you be able to provide a quick summary as to what that table shows?
It's their calculated percentage chance of making each ladder spot, week by week.
So it's suggesting we are a 22% chance of finishing 3rd, whereas after last week's game that was 8% chance.
Not sure what they base it on, must be some weighting of who we still have to play.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

One week at a time please, we shouldn’t talk up wins until they happen just like we should never talk up our injury list.

Bad Karma will bite you in the arse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
It's their calculated percentage chance of making each ladder spot, week by week.
So it's suggesting we are a 22% chance of finishing 3rd, whereas after last week's game that was 8% chance.
Not sure what they base it on, must be some weighting of who we still have to play.

If I'm reading it right, we somehow have a singificant higher chance of finishing 1st than either 2nd or 3rd. But then an even higher chance again of finishing 4th. Seems off.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If I'm reading it right, we somehow have a singificant higher chance of finishing 1st than either 2nd or 3rd. But then an even higher chance again of finishing 4th. Seems off.

depends where the darts landed.....just nerds doing nerd charts, take from it what you will (means nothing to me 🤣)

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
One week at a time please, we shouldn’t talk up wins until they happen just like we should never talk up our injury list.

Bad Karma will bite you in the arse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had a look at Collingwood's line up vs Freo...they have a lot of mature, gun players still and not too many injuries right now. Grundy the only big one.

Pendles, Elliott, De Goey, Adams, Crisp, Moore, Howe, Maynard & Mihochek is a very good core of senior players. Then there's younger players like Daicos, Ginnivan, Henry etc.

They lack depth and the week before vs Bulldogs when they were missing Pendles, Elliott & Ginnivan they were replaced with Brown, McRae and Poulter...a MASSIVE drop off there. I mean that's as big a gap as you can get in terms of ins and outs.

Collingwood cop a few injuries they have no depth and are average...unfortunately for us they are very near full strength and will be dangerous.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
It says 2% chance for 1st
14% for 2nd
22% for 3rd
17% for 4th
So that's estimating based on where we are, at this round, what the % chance of finishing at each ladder spot is at the end of the season?

I.e as of right now we have a 22% chance of being in 3rd spot by the end of the season.

Cobba268

Rookie
Apr 30, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
Scrolling through this forum and seeing the amount of people worried about this game is concerning.
We are undoubtedly a much better team than Collingwood this year. Our midfield should dominate and our defence should is good enough. I would even play Young on Mihocek, enabling Weitering to play more of an intercepting role. Although their defence have us covered in the air, I can't see them getting a hold of Owies, Fisher, Durdin and Motlop.
Even if Collingwood play their best game of the season (which seems to happen against us), I would still back us to win

Does Darcy Moore play on an opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back